Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Oracsbox, Apr 7, 2019.

1. PirateScum Scholar

PirateScum
    Can't find anything about this anywhere for some reason. Some time into the main plot concerning Sigurd, I go back to the local blacksmith, good old Gunnar.
    But instead of Gunnar I find this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:hmmm:

• hopw roewur ne x 4
    • /facepalm/ x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • decline x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Justicar Learned

Justicar
    Next assasin creed reskin will look like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Despair Despair x 2
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Oracsbox Arcane Douchebag!

Oracsbox
    The black dude never appeared in my game, so I'm going to be obtuse and suggest how to get Gunnar back..
    You can get Gunnar back by doing his quest, go talk to Randvi if I remember rightly, that should start it, if not ..he's somewhere in Glowecester.
    When you find him start the First Night of Samhain quest.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. PirateScum Scholar

PirateScum
    The best thing about it... this isn't even a black dude. It's a stronk independent black blacksmith woman, working with Norwegian vikingr in 9th century England.
    :happytrollboy:

• hopw roewur ne x 3
    • honk honk! x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Despair x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Paul_cz Arcane

Paul_cz
    100 hours in...and been ready to end it for the last 20.

But no, the game still probably has 50 more to go. Stupid Ubi.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    So I liked Origins but Odyssey bored me to death. Which is this game like more?

• No No x 2
    • Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Oracsbox Arcane Douchebag!

Oracsbox
    It's more like Odyssey, with even more dialogue, so you'd hate it.

• Despair Despair x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. typical user Arbiter

typical user
    Muh nigguh Eivor! Seez you need 'em some bling-bling on your axe. Luckily 'cuz youz trully got you covered fam. Jus' sort out your yee-yee ass heircut and we strait nigguuh!

:kfc:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight

same energy

• Old x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Darkwind Learned

Darkwind
    Odyssey was objectively better than Origins in nearly every way possible so I'm guessing you'd not like Valhalla, maybe pre-patch version 1.0 Unity would be your jam instead? Odyssey's biggest sin was the one in most Ubi games which is utterly shit side quests which add dozens of tedious hours and the map simply being too large. A tightened up experience would have made it an even better game. The combat was iterative from Origins and improved upon Valhalla's combat is a major step backwards for a variety of reasons mentioned here already.

• Racist Racist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    What, people on the Codex are actually playing a generic, big budget Ubisoft game? I thought you guys hated that garbage?

Come on it's so lame, it's like Call of Duty. At some point they will run out of famous historical periods to rip off. To think some SJW writer thinks he has the right to school me about how history was. Go back to eating Doritos and drinking Mountain Dew, dweeb.

Put this tired franchise to rest already, nobody cares.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Someone has issues Someone has issues x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Oracsbox Arcane Douchebag!

Oracsbox
    Aside from the stronk wombyn, I think whats boring me the most and breaking up the gameplay is the constant puzzles...find the entrance, find the key, find the barred door, find the exploding wall, find the other key, find the hole/window from which to shoot the barred door open, swim underwater to find the third key, get disoriented, find out there's another barred door to open, find that key etc..pile the rocks, align the rocks...
    :negative:

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    :hahyou:

^ Top  
  14. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    update: It's not gay if the balls don't touch there's no heart mark, right?

(reminds me of that certain codex poster who kept ignoring the "no thanks" option to Zevran's innuendo in DA and then was surprised when the FAG hit on him. Can't even tell a bro you need to feel his warmth in a cold night at the camp without the game being weird about it, wtf)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Hamster Arcane Patron

Hamster
    Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
    The cultural shock aspect of this is interesting, it's fascinating to watch how baffled someone not familliar with western poz is by the concept of player-sexual NPC's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    We are underestimating how impressed older people are when they see a modern AAA game. Someone in their mid-late 50s who hasn't been following games all his life sees a good-looking title's gameplay and he is blown away as he would have been if he saw it in the 90s. I'm speaking from recent experience with a relative who watched some gameplay of Hitman 2 and, greatly impressed, asked me "how do they draw all these images, it can't be by hand, they have to take pictures right?" - meaning he was impressed with the realism of the textures. :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Old Old x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    That is my experience too, showing off games to my parents or whatever. They always reference pong - it has come so far! I do wish I had their enthusiasm though. Was hilarious when I let my dad try GTA. He was laughing like a maniac when running over people or crashing into things, was kinda worried he might do it in real life after the gaming session :)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah, they are at the same level we were as kids. I used to aim for the people too occasionally, but in GTA1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    but seriously how do they draw those images? :P

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Carefully

• Informative Informative x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Donut Touch Unwanted Edgy

Unwanted
    That's just historical accuracy.
    The ancient Greeks were all black, don't let the modern turks that are there currently fool you with their whitewashing of history. When Athens was founded during the neolithic period the inhabitants of the Greek isles looked like this artistic reconstruction of a skeleton depicted below:

[​IMG]

The finds from this period continue to baffle scientists as they are of quality that far exceeds anything made after the turks genocided the BLACK (all capital letters as per recommendation of Associated Press) Greeks. One of the reasons the muslims have for defacing works of art is because it shows how different people looked before they took over and killed everyone, a smart move to be sure. Christians aren't as sophisticated however, as an example they removed the nose of this bust of Peisistratus that would have revealed that he had a decently shaped flat nose with big old flared nostrils and not some germanoid pointy nose. What they did neglect was his afro hair that makes it plain that he was a BLACK Greek.

[​IMG]

Once the muzzies took over Egypt they removed the nose of the sphinx for the same reason and have kept self-inserting into films about pharaohs and ancient BLACK egyptians, having buried the truth that they didn't have their big hook nosed beaks but the melaninated supreme nose that is not adapted for sniffing little boys but to smell prey.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    PC Gamer's RPG of the year! lol

• Funny x 3
    • Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. kreight Guest

kreight
    fuck me sideways. And they have the rainbow to boot with this announcement.

^ Top  
  24. Dedicated_Dark Arbiter

Dedicated_Dark
    How are you wankers seriously saying Odyssey was better! Odyssey's writing was retarded and actively makes one want to stop playing. Interms of writing alone, Valhalla is miles better, game design is better as well. But it is a little long, but well they did market it as a Saga.. but the previous two games were also long so unfortunately a lot of it comes across as monotonous due to repeating it thrice now. Game is good but, better than Odyssey at the very least, no more garbage loot and spongy fckn enemies and shit.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Avarize Arbiter

Avarize
    Odyssey was shit too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.