Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

DeepOcean

Arcane
I can see they included a very historically accurate Vikinger in there. Maybe it was too much Sun again.:lol:

DeepOcean

Arcane
:hmmm:
hqqwZHx.png
We WUz Kangz n Shiet.

covr

Prophet
Patron
I've never played any AC game, this is the first on and I am having a blast (probably as everything is new to me). Game is huge, right now it might be about 150-200 hours game. Visuals are stunning, but worse than in RDR2. There are some major C&C, but not many of them. Skilltree is huge, and abilities are fun. I've put approx.50 hours into it, and the amount of content, minigames and generally things to do is really astonishing. I've only met one nigger so far - a trader or something. There's some romance, but optional and rather tastefully done. I think you can fuck your brother's wife. Oh, there's also a possibility of trying that famous viking buttsex during a wedding. Fun times.

typical user

Arbiter
Can someone give me the rundown on this game, no bs

Next version of Assassin's Creed Origins or Odyssey. If you haven't - play Odyssey, if you did you should skip Valhalla as Ubisoft has toned down loot after different community bashed Ghost Recon: Breakpoint for being a looter-shooter milsim foster child.

Story is your typical Ubisoft farts wrapped up in whatever setting they are doing right now. Combat is pillow-fights on rollerblades with flying numbers and bigger numbers. Graphics are beautiful, level design is top-notch. The gameplay loop is doing bazillion question-markers on gigantic map to be on par with level requirement for main missions. Everything outside main quest is small, copy-pasted and rather unsatisfactory. All in all decent mind-numbing game made by spreadsheet addicts. Worth trying out if you don't play a lot of Ubi games.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I am playing it for a while now and I just started the final act. Easily the most boring AC ever made. Its not even funny after a certain point.

I just want it to finish and move on to a better game.

bat_boro

Arcane
I just want it to finish and move on to a better game.
sunkencostfallacy.jpg

You know that you can just quit right now, right?

I cant. I am super anxious and probably would be not capable of sleeping at night. I need to finish this shit. Far too expensive and too many hours invested on it to just abandon it. :/

Literally the textbook definition of sunken cost fallacy then :)

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I am playing it for a while now and I just started the final act. Easily the most boring AC ever made. Its not even funny after a certain point.

The final act of Odyssey was an anticlimactic fight with Donald Trump.

True story.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

The final act of Odyssey was an anticlimactic fight with Donald Trump.

True story.

At least Cleon's death during the battle of Amphipolis was true to history. It's more than can be said about most other historical characters inhabiting Assassin's Creed games.

Hellion

Arcane
I don't remember encountering such an NPC during the game's story. He's probably a player-made character whom you can recruit to aid you in Raids etc. After a certain point you design a custom "Lieutenant" (you select how he looks, his gear etc) and if other players hire him you gain some shekels.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
At least Cleon's death during the battle of Amphipolis was true to history. It's more than can be said about most other historical characters inhabiting Assassin's Creed games.

I didn't play the game for historical accuracy.

No, I played Odyssey because it was a fun adventure-RPG set in a low-fantasy ancient Greece setting.

Then I fought Donald Trump for some reason, and that he was called "Cleon" in this game and was killed at the same place as the historical Cleon, makes no difference to me.

Donald Trump didn't die at the battle of Amphipolis. What the fuck was Donald Trump doing in my AC Odyssey game anyway??

I don't remember encountering such an NPC during the game's story. He's probably a player-made character whom you can recruit to aid you in Raids etc. After a certain point you design a custom "Lieutenant" (you select how he looks, his gear etc) and if other players hire him you gain some shekels.

Yeah, I learned to dismiss the dumbass screenshots people spread, after seeing what they did to Odyssey - I played that game through, and never saw any of the dumbass "OMG" meme bullshit that some spergs spread here.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Would you recommend Odyssey though?

Yes, I would without hesitation, but with caveats.

A low-fantasy ancient Greece larp, it's a beautifully rendered fantasy romp, where you can play as an adventurer and the side-quests are at least as fun as the main-quest.

If you forget it is an AC game, it becomes even more fun! "Historical" settings for fantasy/adventure games are too uncommon IMO.

Skip the DLCs, they're completely worthless and made by another team anyway, so they're just cash-grabs. The main game is all you need.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom