Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assetto Corsa

Declinator

Arbiter
Porsches are coming to Assetto Corsa. Really surprised since I thought EA would keep Porsche locked up for the foreseeable future (with Microsoft sometimes throwing enough money at them to let Porsche go out for a bit.)

Today, Kunos Simulazioni is proud to announce that after more than 12 years away from the hardcore sim-racing world, the Porsche Brand will be coming to Assetto Corsa and that it’s working in a close and official partnership with the prestigious car manufacturer to release two DLC packages that will include the most iconic, authentic, awesome cars created by Porsche during its glorious history! The packs are scheduled for release for both PC and console in Fall 2016.

Hoping that the "iconic" bit means that we'll finally get to drive a 917K. It features somewhat prominently in the trailer so seems promising.

918 is confirmed so people wanting a showdown between 918, P1, and LaFerrari will probably be happy.

Perkel

Arcane
Are you using a wheel with that? Kinda wanted to get into these games a little. Do you have any recommendations?

Currently no but i do have a wheel. As for recomendation it depends on your budget.

Imho the best start for wheel racing is either G25 G27 or TX300.

G25 is the cheapest it is old wheel so only used sold but it is build like a tank so almost 0 chance something going off. It comes with pedals with clutch and H pattern shifter which has switch to sequential. Wheel itself is based on gear which means it is not as smooth as belt or direct drive wheels but it gets job done really well and has plenty of power for that force feedback. paddles with wheel.

G27 is newer version, much smoother gear drive but it doesn't have sequential gearbox switch only H pattern.

t300 is the most expensive from starting wheels but it is belt driven which means it is much smoother and has better force feedback. Unfortunutelly it does not come with shifter and pedals are pretty crappy without clutch.

Imho if you are just starting look for G27 and if you will find cheap G25 get that.

Also consider getting some rack. Wheel Stand Pro is great and compact. If you don't play you can just with one leaver put whole thing into compact form and put into some closet:

i-thrustmaster-wheel-stand-pro-t300tx-wsp-t300tx.jpg

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are you using a wheel with that? Kinda wanted to get into these games a little. Do you have any recommendations?

Currently no but i do have a wheel. As for recomendation it depends on your budget.

Imho the best start for wheel racing is either G25 G27 or TX300.

G25 is the cheapest it is old wheel so only used sold but it is build like a tank so almost 0 chance something going off. It comes with pedals with clutch and H pattern shifter which has switch to sequential. Wheel itself is based on gear which means it is not as smooth as belt or direct drive wheels but it gets job done really well and has plenty of power for that force feedback. paddles with wheel.

G27 is newer version, much smoother gear drive but it doesn't have sequential gearbox switch only H pattern.

Imho if you are just starting look for G27 and if you will find cheap G25 get that.

A heads-up on the G25/27. The Windows 10 creators update broke something in the logitech drivers. These wheels use Logitech Gaming Software and for some reason in that they get recognised as Logitech Driving Force wheels instead of G25/27. You have to go into the properties of it in device manager and manually change the driver if you want to get it to work properly.

I like my G25 but it's a pain in the ass to have to keep doing this. Personally, if I was buying now I'd pick a different wheel.

Perkel

Arcane
Honestly speaking i kind of miss G25. My T300 currently is better wheel but without gloves it is pretty shitty to use as rubber can easily fuck my hands after a while playing. It never happened to me with G25 which had leather cover for wheel itself and was both grippy and slipper when you wanted it.

If logitech could make G25-27 with belt drive it would be awesome.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Perkel got it right about the starter wheels. Some people say Thrustmaster's T150/TMX is about on par with Logitech's G29, while T300/TX is the first step up. G29 is basically the same as the earlier wheels in the series, so not bad but often overpriced new (as in rivaling the clearly better T300/TX). And about the troubles Shackleton mentions, there's a new software for G29, though I haven't had any trouble with the old software+G29 on Windows 10.

Perkel

Arcane
Dudes who mod custom shader patch for Asseto corsa are fucking mad lads. In this year they changed so much about graphics that currently Assetto Corsa with Custom shader patch looks better not only than latest Kunos AC Competizione that just came out but also most of other racing game whatever they are this or just announced.

This is what they did in last few updates:

They added weather and rain simulation along with puddles and physics. Up until now only Driveclub had rain physics and Forza 7 had puddles

Dynamic Shadows. Doesn't sound like something amazing but they are not normal dynamic shadows but proper ones that work amazing at night. Most of car games don't have dynamic shadows including all top ones:

Not spectacular looking but enables a lot of stuff for mods. They added environment animations support with keyframes:

Global Illumination version that is very easy on hardware yet giving amazing effects:

For cars that have navigation... navigation now actually works lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom