Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think whether you enjoy ATOM writing depends on couple of things:
  • whether you were expecting something more serious (like Fallout 1), or something more wacky (like Fallout 2). IMO, ATOM is closer to FO2 in tone, with heavy dose of soviet colouring
  • whether you get the real-world references and like having such in your game - ATOM is super heavy on various references to Russian/Soviet literature and pop-culture. If you're not familiar with those, you will feel like something is missing. And if you hate real world refs, you will hate the writing
  • whether you could play it in original - while the English translation is OK, it's not as good as original Russian. I'm not a native speaker in either of those languages but I consider myself fluent in both, so had a good comparison.

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Learned
ATOM, Metro, Stalker, Pathologic (not Kingmaker though, that one should be played in English) - are all much better in Russian. There is just some soul getting lost in those titles when you hear a clearly russian man speak in broken english.

Also, will Trudograd revamp the char creation? Make the choice of hair and clothes visible before starting the game maybe?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Muh everything is better in its original language,it just conveys the writers meaning and feelings a lot clearer and better.

jackofshadows

Magister
whether you were expecting something more serious (like Fallout 1), or something more wacky (like Fallout 2). IMO, ATOM is closer to FO2 in tone, with heavy dose of soviet colouring
Yeah, they were definitely aiming for F2 flavour but overdid wackiness. I'm playing right now on english and so far no suprizes: it's just plain translation of original's retardation:
7936E3AE23F52C485E752FE93186E88A2EBF3A15

74E32CB3F1428210684A697B472F340F58D5603A
whether you get the real-world references and like having such in your game - ATOM is super heavy on various references to Russian/Soviet literature and pop-culture. If you're not familiar with those, you will feel like something is missing. And if you hate real world refs, you will hate the writing
Correct, sometimes it's so off-puting like I cannot beleive. For instance, one of NPCs - Pasha Technic is an actual person: some completely retarded raper which I'm familiar with by some wild chance. I mean, why the fuck they put him into the game?! No clue.
whether you could play it in original - why the English translation is OK, it's not as good as original Russian. I'm not a native speaker in either of those languages but I consider myself fluent in both, so had a good comparison.
English translation looks lazy and mediocre so far and it's not suprizing since Atomboy did that all by himself afaik. Even if with someone's help it still huge amount of work. So there's next to no adaptation: just google-style reverse. Sometimes it round some corners though, look at this first, top answer option:
0AB80EE0B0BBB213170E7C9DD5B20D1108E1D8C9
Clean and innocent reply, right? Now, I know some guy who's very fond of classic Fallout games and he bought ATOM, launched it, spend considerable amount of time creating a character, went through ambush (back there was no tutorial yet), walk into village's guard and saw this:
631567367A483F1BC8D5C9423DE051A744F35F1B
"Privet ot starih shtiblet" is an obscure as fuck saying which no one in his right mind using - not this days, not 2000x, not even late 80x which game's world supposedly has inherited. Coupled with "privet, tovarish" was enough for him to close the game and never launch again (not kidding, he's my steam friend). Yes, no one besides some crazy people didn't use unironically "tovarish"/comrade in 80x either. So whether devs are unaware of it or simply didn't give a shit and were creating some bizarre soviet'like fantasy world which I'm not a fan by the slightest.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Games aren't supposed to be made this fast, Iron Tower and Stygian Softworks will get motion sickness.

They need to slow down and push back the release date 18-24 months

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Privet ot starih shtiblet" is an obscure as fuck saying which no one in his right mind using - not this days, not 2000x, not even late 80x which game's world supposedly has inherited. Coupled with "privet, tovarish" was enough for him to close the game and never launch again (not kidding, he's my steam friend). Yes, no one besides some crazy people didn't use unironically "tovarish"/comrade in 80x either. So whether devs are unaware of it or simply didn't give a shit and were creating some bizarre soviet'like fantasy world which I'm not a fan by the slightest.

Possibly mildly amusing anecdote. When I was in 10th/11th grade of Russian School (was when there were only 11 grades) in late 1990s, my social circle mostly used tovarish as a way to address each other. Including in class. It was only partially ironic as we had proper, honest-to-Lenin communist in our midst - Soviet Union flag in lapel, quoting Vladimir Ilich all the time, parents in KPRF, etc. Rest of us found it amusing, for some reason, as we did lots of fake-commie stuff for the lulz back then.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
WE'RE LIVE!!!! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1139940/ATOM_RPG_Trudograd/

I will reply to you guys in a couple of days probably, I see there's a deep discussion about writing and stuff going on, but it's crunching time! Can you imagine how many bugs are gonna be uncovered in the next few hours? I sure can't! I hope none! Anyway, WELCOME TO TRUDOGRAD THE CITY OF LOVE AND LABOR!
I reeeeally hope you'll enjoy it guys, seriously. I never worked so hard and played so little in my fucking life!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1139940/view/2211775088920586274

ATOM RPG: Trudograd in Early Access

35ff4b7380a3fcf1a1b25c0473a4f1f1e557481a.jpg

Dear friends!

Today, after a half year of work, we are glad to present you with Atom RPG: Trudograd, our newest game published for Early Access!

Trudograd is a story in which your adventures in the Central Wastes continue after two years. In it, you will venture into a city that survived the war, to uncover its secrets in a search for a piece of pre-war technology that might just change the world forever.

You will be able to play the game by creating a new character which will be level 15 from the start of the game, to represent that you’re no longer playing as a cadet, but as a major of ATOM. Or, you can transfer a save file made after beating ATOM RPG’s final boss and continue playing as your old ATOM RPG character. The choice is yours!

We are publishing to Early Access to learn all of your wishes, critiques, ideas and general feedback on the early stages of development with a goal to implement the best ones, making Trudograd a community effort created by players for players. It worked amazingly well last time, and we hope to repeat that success.

From the get go, Early Access is going to feature updated graphics, updated roleplaying system (WIP), several large locations, dozens of quests, a hundred unique characters, new mini game, new quest format for some quests and many more interesting additions.

This version of the game will be updated every few months, with the final release sometime later this year.

We really hope you’ll like it! Thank you for your support, and...

Welcome to Trudograd.

jerfdr

Educated
You will be able to play the game by creating a new character which will be level 15 from the start of the game, to represent that you’re no longer playing as a cadet, but as a major of ATOM. Or, you can transfer a save file made after beating ATOM RPG’s final boss and continue playing as your old ATOM RPG character. The choice is yours!
Atomboy
Do any of the story choices get imported if I import my old character, or just the stats/some of the equipment?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy
Do any of the story choices get imported if I import my old character, or just the stats/some of the equipment?
Choices and distinctions only!
Very cool intro
Thank you! We loved making that stuff.
Purchased! I'm not playing it until it's fully released, but as a show of support. Hope you guys are successful!
Thank you very much dude!

Nice!

* Love the intro
* Love the new character creation screen, especially the amount of information about what skills gives what at each level
* Graphics seem to have improved quite a lot judging by the opening screen, yay
* Briefing video also nice, but I would prefer option to have subtitles a bit bigger. Playing on 1440p 27in monitor, interface already at 2x
* The first dialogue with stranger, where you make choices about what happened in prev game (didn't import save), interface at 2x, text requires scrolling, but mouse wheel doesn't work on it, even when hovering or clicking the text. Loved the type of interaction, with some static image on the side. Feels a lot like a Legend adventure game.
* Both buttons on the right hand side of normal dialog window (like the first radio chat) look broken in exactly the same way. This looks like a lazy copy paste job.
* Switched interface to 1.5x, good balance readability vs. size on my res.
* The first hotel area looks fantastic (love the snowy look), very ATOM dialogue with the pimp.

It will be really hard to keep myself from playing, but want to have at least 1.0 experience when I do. Keep up the great work Atomboy

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
WE'RE LIVE!!!! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1139940/ATOM_RPG_Trudograd/

I will reply to you guys in a couple of days probably, I see there's a deep discussion about writing and stuff going on, but it's crunching time! Can you imagine how many bugs are gonna be uncovered in the next few hours? I sure can't! I hope none! Anyway, WELCOME TO TRUDOGRAD THE CITY OF LOVE AND LABOR!
I reeeeally hope you'll enjoy it guys, seriously. I never worked so hard and played so little in my fucking life!

Like always with you guys, day 1 purchase.

I will wait with a playthrough until the game is complete, but you can have my money now. I trust you'll put it to good use!

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
:d1p:
I Morgoted via GoG although I am still very early in first ATOM. Good luck and finish before 2020 is over! (Also cannot wait for Potato language patch coming end of May)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom