Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
A city full of commieblocks and we can't visit upper floors. Missed opportunity.

Imagine a multi-story commieblock megadungeon! Endless paths of Odintsova 12.

Would be awesome, I actually live in one of these

td65wsqnw0nz-1184x949.jpg

06b6912b88c299912e74c26bc9049265.jpg

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Let's get roooight into the noose!

News About The Update

135e435d8f55b058b2076b2185b37a8ce07680a0.jpg

Greetings, friends!

Today we would like to share some information about the upcoming update for ATOM RPG: Trudograd, which will be published in the near future!

In the upcoming update, you will get to visit new locations -including the city port and a giant ship in the open sea- with their unique characters, quests and merchants, as well as find new additions to locations you already visited in the current version of the game.

0b9cf047833a5c4b46c50dd3ae92c0223ad4ed07.jpg

The plot will be expanded with lots of new adventures, in which you will be offered a role of an action movie hero, get to meet an entirely new faction of characters, and get sent into a den of vile cultists!

Also, you will now be able to join the city police. Unless you completed all three of the revolutionary missions, you will be able to ditch your comrades and join the force (works the other way around as well).

a847011e35e3398b15120de6b6151b32d087375a.jpg

The two-handed weapons will be finally available in the upcoming update! This unique weapon type not only has its own rules for ignoring armour and dealing critical damage, but also comes with it’s own mechanics.

0d3caad3fbf44f47c05d252701228f49fda32b0c.jpg

After carefully examining the feedback from our players we also made some adjustments to the abilities. We fixed problems with the armour and evasion bonuses, improved the mechanics that give you or your enemy's critical conditions and many, many more.

Naturally, the update will also feature new improvements, bug-fixes, animations, vignette quests, and many more goodies.

e10b88197eedd8cc8e5260b5e3aed81322700f13.jpg

The date of the update will be announced soon. Meanwhile, please check out these screenshots of new things to come!

Thank you for being with us on this journey. And let there be ATOM!

Last edited by a moderator:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
In actuality, I came to expect such views from the intelligentsia, the writing really does rub people with classic taste the wrong way. It's funny though, because the writing didn't change since Atom in most ways, though it did objectively lose half the memes, references and a good chunk of useless texts.

tbh while i still love u and Trudograd (mechanics and character progression, skills are a lot more important than in the maingame), what i haven't seen in the first 12 hours that we have now is the content that reaches deeper emotional levels (without being kitschy). u had so much of that in Otradnoye and Dan's factory that i was a bit disappointed. mysteries, loss, friendship, ambitions, dreams. little of that right now in the Trudograd.

great atmosphere tho. felt a little like icewind dale when starting the game.
Thanks dude, I'm gonna tell it straight, thanks to your comment I wrote around five emotional callbacks in the style of Otradnoye stories! Hope you'll find them and like them.
In actuality, I came to expect such views from the intelligentsia, the writing really does rub people with classic taste the wrong way.
I was rubbed the wrong way by the amount of turnip talk in the EA portion of the game. It just felt like you can't take a step without running into a turnip joke or a turnip reference or a crazy person rambling about turnips.
The turnip and beet crowds are going to play a serious role in the story. It's a bit cringe, but it's something I believe to be worth exploring! Imagine good, fleshed out people living and dying for such a silly concept, so strange, but goes to show that us humans find solace in the weirdest places! Plus it has to be there as a nod to real life beet cultists.

Heard extremely shitty things about Trudograd and I never liked ATOM so RIP
What have you heard??? It's all a lie. Trudograd is very fun! Enjoy Trudograd, the greatest game. You won't though if you didn't like atom :((((( That sucks.
Yo just tell me when you are going to release it :).
It's a mystery! Hopefully, soon. There are huge setbacks due to the new quality standards we picked up!

jackofshadows

Magister
That's the thing doe! The game is stylized to have these spikes and random stuff! Stylizing to make things even is very simple, I'm sitting on a medieval fantasy RPG and a sci-fi RPG I'm making on my own three days in a year and these are perfectly stylized to fit the tropes, however I'm making my part of Atom so spiky and weird on purpose (and rarely without) because arguably and controversially this is the essence of life. Atom isn't a simulation, and the characters aren't true to real life, but in some manner they are, because they are inspired by life. Some are even toned down compared to the prototypes.
I get that and beleive me, I'm able to separate you from your work for subj so hopefully we'll see the range of your abilities, it's just ATOM's overall design which bugs me greatly. I mean, Fallout 1-2 has his retrofuturism thing which permeated the whole game's world, so when they've decided to add bunch of wackiness in F2 it still sorta worked (not a fan of it personally, dig more F1.5 approach there). ATOM's world simply doesn't click for me in that regard so that's also why I'm curious behind reasoning and stuff.
Maybe I'm just lucky I get to experience such a rich spectrum of personalities, but I suspect it's like this everywhere. I live near some private houses, and one is occupied by a grandpa who doesn't say anything apart from hello, and the other houses my pal we'll call Valdis for privacy's sake. So one day Valdis took a liking to a girl who was renting nearby, so he snuck to her window and watched her, and he drew a picture of her in her room, but only he drew her naked. He then drew himself into the picture handing her a flower. He then stuffed that drawing under her door along with his phone number, and then he spent a day in the police station. One day he shared with me a technique called Undyne's kiss (Might be Undertale inspired). To experience Undyne's kiss, he told me, you should stuff the showerhead into your mouth when you're in the shower and make the water blast into your mouth as you jack off. We're not friends, and he tells such things to a lot of people he's not friends with, using a very odd, colorful language. He also asks people to call him The Count (Князь). And let me tell you, before the internet these people were much more wide spread. I'm such a person myself, though I'm not weird sexually, but I do talk and act fucking weird. Life should be tone-deaf, that's actually one of the ideas I megalomaniacly feel my duty is to bring to the world!
Eh, I wasn't always a sad person who just plays games 24x7 and drinking himself into oblivion, have had my fair share of pretty glare social life, actually. So I'm not considering such colorful characters as Sherba outright unrealistic but it's a matter of... appropriateness. Don't wanna repeat myself though about comparison between stuff like barbecue quest and Pasha or whatever spike of wack.
Yeah,sadly the west didn't have good butchers like Stalin an Mao to clean that shit off. The intelligentsia does need a good nice reset once or twice a century or it will become a festering rotting cancer like in the west.
Suuuuuuure, dude, all the western issues because of thouse. Also, it's nice to sit here and dream or even merely joke about "clean that shit over the Atlantic" and not experience how some siloviki breaking your door with grinder, slapping hand cuffs on you by "snitching" or by a simple mistake or whatever. Fuck that.
After carefully examining the feedback from our players we also made some adjustments to the abilities. We fixed problems with the armour and evasion bonuses, improved the mechanics that give you or your enemy's critical conditions and many, many more.
Looking forward to learn more/read the patch note. Thing is, at its current state, I can't imagine really enjoy the game with insane perk tree which also applies to enemies. I'm talking hobos with regen whacking each other for an hour stuff.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Woot:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1139940/announcements/detail/2881695680521077091

Newest content update

Greetings, friends!

It’s time to publish ATOM RPG: Trudograd’s newest content update!

This version of Early Access features a lot of additions inspired by your amazing feedback. We added new characters, new weapons, items, animations, locations, quests and random encounter maps.

The combat system was reworked thanks to your suggestions, though some changes are not final. We have reworked large parts of the skill system, too!

We also added effective finishing moves with brutal animations. The traders in the game now have their unique preferences. Two faction based weapon traders were also added.

A lot of work is still ahead of us, but as long as you continue helping us out with your ideas and critique, we’ll push through.

As always, a content patch is soon to follow, and the next big update will come out this Autumn. We will announce everything closer to the release date.

Thank you for your continued support, and let there be ATOM!

f1c8db2df4e28f93d5afe3c3c544e4cbfaa4ffcc.jpg
2e8ebe9a310b61b0d56eb3e0d221459404b51f1d.jpg
098fe38ac49decacf9a6593af1f513026a22ccb8.jpg
54c62d9404931870c527a855eb8c96813249c5a5.jpg

Changelog:
  • Reworked the combat system, fixed damage values;
  • Enemy AI improved;
  • UXUI elements tweaked and improved;
  • Some sounds and music files were reworked;
  • Added ability to see enemies in buildings without entering said buildings;
  • Camera bugs fixed, camera no longer falls into buildings;
  • Crafting bug fixed;
  • Console no longer pops out when trying to exit the game;
  • Animations of characters were reworked, improved and fixed;
  • Status icons enlarged and improved;
  • Interface works much better with atypical screen resolutions;
  • Quest log localization issues fixed;
  • Several Hexogen related pathing issues fixed;
  • Baldan’s car no longer respawns after fixing;
  • Samuil Brothers as well as many other quests fixed;
  • Two handed weapons added with unique mechanics and animations;
  • New firearms added;
  • Fraction traders added;
  • Many various minor bugs fixed.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Is this a declaration of war to Westland 3?:incline:
No! We wanted to make the game better just as the -20% sale starts.
And we perhaps did.

Yes! We have updated the game with 6+ hours of content! Which will only feel like 6+ if you start over 2 different times, because these hours are spread between mutually excluding quest lines. So basically +2-3 hours of gameplay. Had to be done, however, because even though the game didn't become too much longer, a lot of its innards changed. Bugfixes, smoother animations, better combat, new weapons, improved combat skill tree, improved sequence logic, enemies and friendlies heal their allies, new partners with some personality to them. Also, I made a dungeon for it which I don't normally do. I call it the anime gank ship. It's a little bit silly at the moment, to be honest, because not all ideas I had were implemented due to time constraints. If everyone will hate it, I'll add more stuff. Or maybe folks will like it as is, without extra shit I had in mind. The team really worked their asses off this time. I think the combat became a metric ton better, the melee is now better, there are these AOE attacks like in Raid Shadow Legends, the added animations and sounds are really cool. Some new areas look beautiful, almost like a modern game. Once we patch this patch with another content patch in a few weeks, Trudograd will be pretty awesome, IMO. Very recommend.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Oh man I'm so tempted to play this. I have to endure, the wait for full release will eventually be over, won't it? :negative:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oh man I'm so tempted to play this. I have to endure, the wait for full release will eventually be over, won't it? :negative:
endure in enduring grow strong!!! We'll try to keep our promise and release it this year. though I'm already preparing to beg everyone for forgiveness and ask for a few more months of 2021
making everything look as good as we feasibly can made us really, really damn slow.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
endure in enduring grow strong!!! We'll try to keep our promise and release it this year. though I'm already preparing to beg everyone for forgiveness and ask for a few more months of 2021
making everything look as good as we feasibly can made us really, really damn slow.
IMO take your time. assuming the world doesn't end this year, i still got more stuff to play plus replaying ATOM in preparation for this

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Atomboy Ever had a dream about making isometric + turnbased GTA or Elder Scrolls RPG?

Done in style and as well as ATOM or Trudograd, they would both make gamers richer with those experiences and you millionaires

*cough* GTA/Elder Scrolls 6 not being out for years and years because of greed brought by Online, makes your next game perfect time for such thing to happen, if you can be persuaded/wish so *cough*

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I hope to one day call you Russian Rockstar/Troika. I believe in few things, one of them is your team

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Isometric + turn-based + Mafia RPG + Chicago 1920s + Demons + ATOM team =:shredder:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom