Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Codex Year of the Donut
Forgot to add that I didn't play the game in "isometric" mode this time. Unity's orthographic camera doesn't support deferred rendering which is required by most of the screenspace image effects(including SSAO) used by unity. Which I'm fine with, however -- the performance of the forward renderer is also in general worse, which made an issue this time due to the increased graphical fidelity. This is most noticeable in the docks area, the main area where I noticed slowdowns. I dropped down to 20-25 FPS in isometric mode there.
Comparison shot btw:
20220223201954-1.jpg

20220223202006-1.jpg

OTOH, object labels probably make playing isometric mode much easier this time around.

An orthographic camera can be approximated using the perspective camera and a very low FOV, I might try to mod it in for the best of both if I get bored.

Codex Year of the Donut
oh, and this is what the game would look like if it used the same camera angles used to render Fallout's graphics, which is one of the more unique camera angles used for older games:
20220223204631-1.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
btw it took me entirely too long to realize how open-ended the item-use mechanic is. You can even use it to get people drunk/high to reduce their awareness to make them easier to steal from. I'm the good guy!
use medpacks to heal wounded people, etc.,
Oh, you mean like in that game, how was it called, uhm... Nevermind.
I know you're trying to be smart, but it's not the same as Fallout. In Fallout you switch your action cursor from move to interact, hold down LMB, move your mouse down to the bag icon to use an item.
In ATOM, you actually equip the item and use it as if attacking.

Unless you meant ATOM itself, which, yes that's when I learned it but quite a bit in. I basically treated them(ATOM+Trudograd) as two parts of one bigger game tbh.

jackofshadows

Magister
btw it took me entirely too long to realize how open-ended the item-use mechanic is. You can even use it to get people drunk/high to reduce their awareness to make them easier to steal from. I'm the good guy!
I know you're trying to be smart, but it's not the same as Fallout. In Fallout you switch your action cursor from move to interact, hold down LMB, move your mouse down to the bag icon to use an item.
Except it's the same. What you're describing is just one of the methods to do that in Fallout. Amazing how people praising ATOM for things like this :)

Codex Year of the Donut
Except it's the same. What you're describing is just one of the methods to do that in Fallout. Amazing how people praising ATOM for things like this :)
I wasn't praising the game for it you tard, and I never used item interactions like that in Fallout because it's counterintuitive compared to the action cursor way.

jackofshadows

Magister
I wasn't praising the game for it you tard, and I never used item interactions like that in Fallout because it's counterintuitive compared to the action cursor way.
Oh so it's counterintuitive in Fallout but open-ended mechanic in ATOM. Got it. Anyway, no one cares how you did play Fallout, the mechanic is there and it's been just carried over here.
no idea how people get high levels, did everything i could see and only ended at 17
Wasteland grind. Yup, some people just do it for dozens of hours.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Hey mr Atomboy !

Seems the final 299 medal for Technology (+300% more xp vs 200% from 250 skill) does not work. Tried it on the first map with the mechanic who fixes your car and in both cases got 399 xp :(

Ihavenoidea

Educated
So, what's the planned addon date? Replaying Atom and wondering if i should wait.
I liked it a lot. Better than the original in most ways, worse in some ways. I'd suggest playing it. Another ~35 hours of good fun.
I definitely will but finishing atom will take me 3-4 days, and as everyone here i have a backlog of stuff to play, so if the addon is predicted in like two weeks, I can wait ;)

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Rofl 299 medal in stealth gives 100 xp (+20% if you have the perk) per item stolen that lie around. For example, stealing booze and empty glasses in front of the bartender in starting tavern gives almost 2k xp

Rofl

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
the dead city

Personally I thought Dead City was much better than the rest of the game thanks to being made last and the team getting some experience.

Maybe it was good if you knew it was coming but arriving there with a one way ticket that cost all my remaining caps to find crowds of bullet sponge enemies waiting for me along with "you took a wrong turn, take a lethal dose of radiation" wasn't my cup of tea.

I cheated to get heroic stats and still found navigating it an unfun slog.

Are there any areas or similar punishing spikes in the game? I really prefer to play RPGs without any guides and such.

Alphons

Cipher
OK, that explains it. I thought you didn't like the writing or something.

You have a few dungeons that require you to stock up (you can't return until you finish them) and the point of no return at the end, but the game notifies you.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

Are there any areas or similar punishing spikes in the game? I really prefer to play RPGs without any guides and such.
what a combo of sentences. you admit to cheating to bypass a challenging segment of the game. then you say you dont like to use guides immediately after asking people to forewarn you about upcoming areas in the game.

you definitely belong on the codex though because this place is filled with bozos like you

AdamReith

Magister
Patron

what a combo of sentences. you admit to cheating to bypass a challenging segment of the game. then you say you dont like to use guides immediately after asking people to forewarn you about upcoming areas in the game.

you definitely belong on the codex though because this place is filled with bozos like you

I just wanted to see if I was just underlevelled.

After verifying it wasn't that I dutifully uninstalled the game. Cheating tends to instantly make me lose interest in a game.

Sadly I don't have infinite time to throw at these games. If a game wants to break my balls I strongly prefer for it to do that in the first few hours, not in the phase of the game where I should be walking around in indestructible armour tearing super mutants spinal columns out with my bare hands.

Also last time I brought up the Dead City on the codex other people also seemed to have an issue with it so it seemed a reasonable litmus to see if anyone had had similar issues with Trudograd.

Finally, go fuck yourself, I might be a bozo but at least I'm not a sad sack of shit judging other peoples way of playing games on an internet forum.

Last edited:

wishbonetail

Learned
I thought Dead city was a great addition to main game. As far as i recall, i definitely was able to rip mutants spinal columns with my bare hads and without indestructible armor or grind.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
I thought Dead city was a great addition to main game. As far as i recall, i definitely was able to rip mutants spinal columns with my bare hads and without indestructible armor or grind.

Still not sure what I did wrong so. I grinded a fair bit on random encounters to accumulate ammunition and every quest I could find in the main world.

Maybe my build just sucked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom