Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I thought Dead city was a great addition to main game. As far as i recall, i definitely was able to rip mutants spinal columns with my bare hads and without indestructible armor or grind.

Still not sure what I did wrong so. I grinded a fair bit on random encounters to accumulate ammunition and every quest I could find in the main world.

Maybe my build just sucked.

I found Dead City more difficult than the rest of the game, but fair. Certainly not ballbreaking. With levels and equipment I had accumulated I could tackle every challenge there.

Codex Year of the Donut
ATOM is one of the few cRPGs that not only breaks the very common occurrence of difficulty nosediving in the second half, but actually gets harder.
Which is why the difficulty in Trudograd was a pretty big letdown.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I found Dead City more difficult than the rest of the game, but fair. Certainly not ballbreaking. With levels and equipment I had accumulated I could tackle every challenge there.

I found it a bit annoying, not because of the difficulty but because of the amount of content and new mechanism introduced.
Rarely, I'll complain about too much content but you're about to complete the game and this is just massive, It made me drop my second playthrough and I didn't get there during the first one.

I think I'd have been better as a separate DLC starting with low level characters, maybe not level 1 and with a full party but I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it more that way.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Fuck me if gamers can be pleased :D:D:DNever ever try to please everyone. That's why you should have game vision and game journalist difficulty mode. Only whores try to please everyone

Ihavenoidea

Educated
I've beaten Trudograd - to me it felt much better and coherent than fist ATOM, which I also liked. Some parts could use a bit polish, like flea market encounter always being the same down to the amount of rubles guy who sells guns had. Making it into 2-3 diverse encounters with i.e. pickpocketer or police cracking down would work much better in my opinion. But my question is - new update when?

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Here's an idea for a new portrait:
ISmKRSX.jpeg

NewGuy

Novice
Just finished Trudograd. Great game. Definitely scratched that fallout itch. Something that Encased couldn't do.
The gameplay, quests and writing are good. Graphics are great. Voice acting is.... well, A for effort I guess.
Another thing I want to mention is the quest log. It is very well made. It contains all the info you need and nothing that you don't need. One of the best journals I've seen in any game.
The game got indeed a bit easy towards the end, but I got the power armor only shortly before endgame, so for me, the difficulty was spot-on.

The only things I didn't like were
1) All the food mechanic is tideous and redundant. But I don't like survival elements in any game except well... survival games. And I don't play those. Don't see a reason to wolf down a sausage every 5 minutes, but I got used to it quickly, so nevermind.
2) As stated by other people, Seventh Heaven was very small. Tiny, actually. But I guess that taking into consideration the budget of the game, adding another huge location was way out of scope.

Can't wait for the next game.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Atomboy - sorry if this has been answered earlier, are there any plans to release Trudograd on Xbox? I want to buy this game at highest price possible.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Atomboy hasn't been online since March. No updates or posts since then on either Twiter or Steam by Devs too. Is everything and everyone okay, buddy?

Paul_cz

Arcane
Is this playable if I didn't play the first ATOM? Does it make sense and is it worth it? I got it from the humbele bundele thing

jackofshadows

Magister
Is this playable if I didn't play the first ATOM? Does it make sense and is it worth it? I got it from the humbele bundele thing
It is playable, you'll even vaguely learn events of the original through some sort of vignette at the start. Whether worth it or not mostly depends on how will you like the game's writing: there're tons of dialogues with all kinds of NPCs, some of them are downright freaks for example, some are dull etc etc. Because as a RPG otherwise the game is pretty weak (shallow combat, needless mechanics, overall design errors etc).

Darth Canoli

Arcane

Just play the original instead, it's better, except if you're used to play on story-modes, not that the original is difficult past mid-game, but there is some challenge until you get there unlike in Trudograd where not only there is never any challenge and then you get the hyper super mega armor way before mid-game making everything else obsolete.

Die Healing

Novice
Just finished up my playthrough of this. It was a nice little expansion but I prefer the base game. I feel Trudograd was a bit too predictable whereas ATOM you never knew what you were getting into with each new questline and area. Also Seventh Heaven gave me Encased vibes, I was really hoping for a fancy city but it was more or less a gate to the final dungeon.

Supermedo

Augur
I loved the original ATOM; I didn't play the expansion yet.
I wanted to ask if the perk system still has a must-have "perk" forget its name.
I remember in the original game; I had to do some quest in the sewers to get a potion to respec my character from sniper with high charisma to a tank as there was a perk that reduced the damage from Subsequent bullets.
And every mob near the end game has an assault rifle making it impossible to continue without it.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Trudograd is like 1$ in keyshops, can I jump in without playing the original?
play the original.

Trudograd is basically an huge expansion pack where you play as the same character (you can even import your final save file).

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
MAJOR UPDATE
POSTED
Sun, September 4
Update 1.05

e3688d22dbc6ea890828a62ae4d82fd01a040e70.jpg

Greetings friends,

After several months of work we are finally ready to present you with the final planned update for Trudograd. In it, you will get to visit brand new locations, meet new characters, and finally build a personal base many of you asked for ever since the release. The update also includes a lot of typo fixes, improved and added interface functions and much more.

For our French-speaking players this update will add the French localization. Please enjoy, and be sure to email us with any suggestions, typo reports and general feedback. We truly hope it was worth the wait!

During all of the time our team worked on this update, we felt your care and worry for our team. We wish to thank every single one of you for all the kind messages you sent us, and we want you to know that our team is alive, well, and ready to conquer new goals... the details of which we will share at some other time

Thank you for being with us.

Changelog:
- Added French localization;
- Added player base building option;
- Added ability to visit a bathouse;
- New quests and locations;
- Fixed player-discovered typos;
- Fixed and improved some of the interface functions.

Sincerely yours, Atom Team

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom