Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atomic Heart - open world first-person shooter set in an alternate universe Soviet Union

PrettyDeadman

Ripping off is cool so long as the end result is cool. This end result looks like a unity asset game but with some higher level graphics.

GdPKVOC.png

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
When going back through the thread to look at some of the footage again it turns out you have already said basically the same thing that I mean?
I still think Soviet science facilities and Dying Light DIY weaponry are a poor mix, it's just not some smoking gun that the game will be shit.
Superficial similarities to other popular media is the nature of the beast, their "sources of inspiration" could be more
rating_prestigious.png
but inconsistent art styles are not what ruin games.

kreight

System requirements have been updated. They also updated game description in russian.

JDR13

Arcane
I've had my eye on this one for awhile. I expect it's just a straight shooter, but the world seems weird and interesting enough to make for some good exploration.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
God I hope game is optimized, I have a bit lower potato than Minimum.
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K@3.3GHz or AMD FX 6300@3.5GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB)
Storage: 22 GB available space

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K@3.5GHz or Ryzen 5 1500X@3.5GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8GB)
Storage: 22 GB available space

kreight

This dude is making music for this game. He says he's bound by contract to use soviet synthesizer.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Gordon already used Polyvox on Doom Eternal, it's not novelty thing for him.

kreight

This is a band called "Technology". It first appeared in 1990 on the verge of USSR collapse. The song is called "Push the button", it's from 1990.

Dodo1610

Arcane
English voice acting and this haircut I thought the devs are Russians. Also that zoomed out camera makes it look like it has a huge empty open world *This is gonna be good* :shittydog:

Atomic-Heart_2021_03-22-21_001-scaled.jpg

Atomic-Heart_2021_03-22-21_002-scaled.jpg

Atomic-Heart_2021_03-22-21_003-scaled.jpg

Atomic-Heart_2021_03-22-21_004-scaled.jpg
Atomic-Heart_2021_03-22-21_006-scaled.jpg

Atomic-Heart_2021_03-22-21_008-scaled.jpg

Atomic-Heart_2021_03-22-21_005-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I still don't quite understand what the "game" is supposed to be about or what it's gonna play like (FPS, immersive sim, survival horror?). The devs being this cagey about actually showing raw gameplay is never a good sign.

Also, while the art design might be called novel, it's also incredibly incoherent - seems like a bunch of artists just did whatever and then someone decided to cobble together all the assets they made into the game and call it a day. There's no consistent visual theme, and everything looks anachronistic, either too retro or too futuristic. There's really no surefire way to place the game in any time period, except post-WW2 and pre-USSR collapse - and even that might not be true since the protagonist could be someone from modern times or the near-future exploring the abandoned complex for reasons.

Also, the whole thing just feels like arthouse hipsterism designing weird things just to make them look weird.

Wunderbar

Arcane
seems like a bunch of artists just did whatever and then someone decided to cobble together all the assets they made into the game and call it a day
that's precisely what happened (except for the game part, i don't think the actual game exists).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom