Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atomic Heart - open world first-person shooter set in an alternate universe Soviet Union

Latelistener

Arcane
Atomic-heart-4994151.png

Artem Galeev apparently is the one responsible for what you like in the game. He was working on this concept for many years, until his project came to Oleg Gorodishenin.

Robert Bagratuni is great in PR, but that's about it. Apparently, highly egocentric and asks everyone to call him Robert, despite the fact that he's Maxim Zatsepin. Doesn't give a shit about gameplay and story and says that only visuals are important in order to sell the game.

Oleg Gorodishenin supports Robert in everything simply for financial gain and doesn't try to explain him at least something about game development, despite that he has experience.

Evgenia Sedova. The company is registered on her name. Doesn't understand anything about game development, but apparently tries to obstruct it with her opinions.

That's a translation of an investigation done a couple of years ago.

Yeah, they don't understand what this game is suppose to be. At some point they wanted Doom, Dark Souls and Prey. Robert also fires people often impulsively for various reasons, so a lot of designers left.

I personally don't expect them to produce anything worthwhile. Everything you see is just smoke and mirrors.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Since you know the point of an art director is to try and give a game a unified art direction, based around some central aesthetic vision, which this completely lacks.

No, you are just retarded.

The whole art was done by one guy and over many years. It's just that Fallout 4 has rotten away your brain. That's literally the only good thing here and it's completely wasted on these idiots.

PrettyDeadman

Why do you guys keep slandering this game? Feels like a buch of Jason Schreier alts respond to each other here.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Why do you guys keep slandering this game? Feels like a buch of Jason Schreier alts respond to each other here.
These devs have already released a VR game but it got shitty reviews and people realised they are just hacks. They removed the game from Steam and with it all the bad reviews. The people who bought that game never got a refund but at least a voucher for Atomic Heart:cool:. All this only to ensure that their bigger scam Atomic Heart can continue. a game which you can only pre-order on the dev website obviously without refunds.
But no one is stopping you from being hyped. Who knows maybe the game is real and the fact that the game was supposed to release this year for the last 3 years just a series of bad coincidences.:positive:

Last edited:

Citizen

The devs (or at least their PR department) are massive retards that do their marketing by posing as "fans" on various russian forums and mindlessly shilling for their own game (and shitting on critics). Well, also the fact that the only indication of the game's existence is one janky old gameplay video

Latelistener

Arcane
Why do you guys keep slandering this game?
I've created this thread because I was mildly interested in the project. After I read the investigation I feel like I'm obliged to inform people about this clusterfuck.

If the game will come out eventually and get positive reviews from players then go ahead and buy it, no one is stopping you. Until then, I'd suggest to not get hyped and keep your money to yourself.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Doom meets... System Shock? Deus Ex? Prey?

Wait, that's just Bioshock, right? Fuck that.

Also, the voice work both put me to sleep and made my ears bleed.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I have to give them credit this actually looks like a video game. Which is a lot more than I expected 5 years ago.
Guess this either ends up becoming a cult game or an unplayable mess people will make fun of for years to come

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
so this is coming out after all huh

never liked cinematic Bioshock-type games, more of a Quake/Blood/Doom guy but Ill play this cause art direction is excellent

and story looks kind of interesting

notpl

Arbiter
one of the most obnoxious trailers ive ever seen
main character has retarded zoomer faggot haircut
footage is still 90% fake scripted crap
garbage mess
The red-haired Clonycavan Man bog body found in Ireland is notable for having a well-preserved Mohawk hairstyle, dated to between 392 BCE and 201 BCE. The world record for the tallest mohawk goes to Kazuhiro Watanabe, who has a 113.5-centimetre (3 ft 8+1⁄2 in) tall mohawk.[1][2]

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
one of the most obnoxious trailers ive ever seen
main character has retarded zoomer faggot haircut
footage is still 90% fake scripted crap
garbage mess
The red-haired Clonycavan Man bog body found in Ireland is notable for having a well-preserved Mohawk hairstyle, dated to between 392 BCE and 201 BCE. The world record for the tallest mohawk goes to Kazuhiro Watanabe, who has a 113.5-centimetre (3 ft 8+1⁄2 in) tall mohawk.[1][2]
didnt ask

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I've been told at length that this game is a scam. I'm waiting eagerly for release drama.

:popcorn:

Best thing about the 2020s is you don't need to buy games to get entertainment value.

That trailer voiceover is already giving me some hearty chuckles.

Ezekiel

Arcane
2:53

Still using obtrusive iron sights super close to the enemy, so still at its core like every other bland modern shooter that lowers accuracy even beyond where the gun is pointed.

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
Too much postprocessing, too many particle effects. Modern developers don't seem to understand that clarity is one of the most important things in a fast paced game.

EDIT: Also, since this is in General RPG, can we also move Bioshock here?
:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom