Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atomic Heart - open world first-person shooter set in an alternate universe Soviet Union

ReforgedSoul

Novice
I'm still surprised that Atomic Heart is coming out and actually exists. It feels like trying to discern if something was real or if you dreamt it up.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not a fan of these types of games and it seems like the company keeps on making stupid decisions, but the trailer actually showcased some pretty good gameplay. Assuming they can deliver on the quality shown in the trailer with good performance, there might be something here.

How does this thread not have the vaporware tag? This shit was announced when Obama was still president IIRC.

This thing does not exist as far as I'm concerned. The devs are saying shit like "We implement DLSS which would offset FPS lost by our custom DRM, which btw we don't know whether it would have FPS cost.", which is something no real engineer would say, as it makes no sense either way.

Codex Year of the Donut
Bagratuni said that the game will contain about 60 "hit songs familiar to all of us from childhood and not only," but also the original soundtrack. Atomic Heart will feature over 200 references and Easter eggs, including games from the STALKER and Metro series.
wow, heckin eastereggarinos!!!!

kangaxx

Arbiter
The "hit songs" thing has been done before as well.. by Bioshock, which had music "stolen" from one reality into their wacky alternate one.

ferratilis

Magister
It looks so stupid. It's like nuWolfenstein, but even worse. Remember when people thought this would be an RPG? Lol. Also, someone needs to tell these guys to tone down on postprocessing effects, shit's nauseating: motion blur, camera shake, particle effects everywhere you look, narrow FOV.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
^Literal
RetardedDancingDonut.gif
boss.

Ash

Arcane
will this be another mick gordon soundtrack that comes with a game?
I don't get it. Dick Gordon I found to be beyond overrated in D2016 and DE. In fact I'd go as far as to say that in the case of D:E, a game I very much like, it is the stand-out Achilles heel. The gameplay is pretty great, the story is borderline non-existent as it should be (or otherwise easily ignored), sound design is solid enough, Art direction could be better but it's not bad at all, but the soundtrack merely implies things are epic, blood pumping and cool. They're kind of boring. Even the best track I do not include in my massive video game OST playlist. It's all thematically appropriate and does compliment the action well, sure, but I simply expect more after the video game OSTs of the 90s.

For metal examples:

And then some...only allowed to post 5 it seems.

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I think it wasn't Mick Gordon who did D44m Eternal's soundtrack. But you're right, I found his music to be extremely bland and lacking punch. Yeah it's metal, but it's like a random mash of strings and loud thumps with no concord to its rhythm.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It looks so stupid. It's like nuWolfenstein, but even worse. Remember when people thought this would be an RPG? Lol. Also, someone needs to tell these guys to tone down on postprocessing effects, shit's nauseating: motion blur, camera shake, particle effects everywhere you look, narrow FOV.

the boss is pretty much this

Ash

Arcane
More classic gaming metal, because every thread needs a little incline:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I'm having a really hard time believing these are the system requirements.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS​

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • OS: Windows 10 (20H1 version or newer, 64-bit versions)
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600@ 3. GHz or Intel Core i5-4460 @ 3.1 GHz (AVX, AVX2 and SSE 4.2 support required)
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 380 (4 GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (4 GB)
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 90 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • OS: Windows 10 (20H1 version or newer, 64-bit versions)
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.8 GHz or Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.6 GHz (AVX, AVX2 and SSE 4.2 support required)
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD RX Vega 64 (8 GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8 GB)
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 90 GB available space

A lot of devs lie about this shit these days to maximize sales.

Modron

Arcane
The one benefit of development hell, your game probably will have lower system reqs when it comes out than contemporary releases. See Butterlord, decent ports of older games, et cetera.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Are there other games apart from NOLF and operation flashpoint where i can kill commies?

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Are there other games apart from NOLF and operation flashpoint where i can kill commies?
GTA 5 is set in California
Actual commies, not third rate hand me downs.

Red Orchestra 1/2? Plenty of Vietnam/Korean War games.
I should specify I want to kill soviet era slavic commies. I guess GoldenEye is another one that comes to mind.

1667817953829.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom