Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atomic Heart - open world first-person shooter set in an alternate universe Soviet Union

Wunderbar

Arcane
Lmao look at this tryhard nigga.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
apparently game got leaked, as per eastern tradition
https://imgur.com/a/xfwSTt4
8Bxqtj9.png

tBwXvtv.png

oVBRHcU.png

ohqCmvV.png

rs78UcG.png

https://dtf.ru/u/1922-andrey-apanas...at-haosom-trudnosti-pri-sozdanii-atomic-heart
Graphic-related departments left in 2020 and soon after - quality control group. Both replaced by interns, quite possible that one of them took the files.
He played for 30 and guess what - it's a walking simulator. On RTX 3080 it barely reach 60FPS on Ultra with DLSS Quality and Raytracing, alsto constant stutters and frame drops.

Shin

Cipher
apparently game got leaked, as per eastern tradition

https://dtf.ru/u/1922-andrey-apanas...at-haosom-trudnosti-pri-sozdanii-atomic-heart
Graphic-related departments left in 2020 and soon after - quality control group. Both replaced by interns, quite possible that one of them took the files.
He played for 30 and guess what - it's a walking simulator. On RTX 3080 it barely reach 60FPS on Ultra with DLSS Quality and Raytracing, alsto constant stutters and frame drops.
I can't read Russian, but the images on his (p)review speak volumes:

webp

webp

webp

Yeah, uhh, that doesn't inspire confidence.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Why did they add picatinny rails on every weapon? Did they just bought premade assets from unreal store or something?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I dunno about this now. The early trailers looked amazing, but it seems more...poppamole now I guess? More mainstream?
Like the devs gave up and just made it into a Bioshock clone, complete with big dumb cinematic sequences and blander enemy types.

I'm not saying that it will be a bad game or not fun, I'm just saying that the early trailers looked more interesting.

Latelistener

Arcane
Aside from the fact that this will be a shit game, it looks like a theme park about USSR, but build somewhere in the US by people who didn't know much about it.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Like the devs gave up and just made it into a Bioshock clone

Why do you think it wasn't that from day one?
True, there was a degree of bioshock influence, even in the early days.
It's just the previous trailers made it look a lot more like bioshock infinite; you didn't get that much of a feel of the weird science and it looked pretty popamole to me.
The more recent one posted in this does a better job of showing off the game and you see more creative monster designs, like what you saw during the game's first reveal.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Idk, I always thought it was a Bioshock-style game from the beginning (which is popamole by definition)

RepHope

Savant
It was always clearly Bioshock inspired, combat is much faster paced from what the trailers have shown so far, but that core inspiration is there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom