Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 299 54.8%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 247 45.2%

• Total voters

Sunri

Liturgist
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/h08qg2mnm24s2/Fear+and+Hunger

LZWhLCQ.png
UOG94oL.png
o8E3Jf0.png
BCf8rVm.png
2h4bOjI.png
K6VWtpk.png
9mXdw38.png
q7SS4Aa.png
8VAdjjV.png

How do I download this? Give me a zip file.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o14pyztw870yyml/howdoidownloadthis.zip/file

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, finished my playthrough of Tactics Ogre - LUCT for Snes, and decided to share avatards I've made.

What's the point, since Niektory uploaded these to the 'Dex back in 2013? Well:
  • Niektory's archive is now gone.
  • 'Dex' avatard gallery is gone (for) now too.
  • IMO (some of) my 'tards are better than Niektory's 'tards. In some cases he used some weird settings when applying transparency, so some pixels on the border between "solid" and "transparent" areas got too bright. I would've posted some examples, but see above. I've noticed this first in case of Balzepho, but I can't acces the "old" version now:

ZWPULcJ.png
Anyway, enjoy:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3zmglo1ay1o4vix/

Examples:

AYb4XdK.png
d7bTMRy.png

tQZ4l2W.png
GVYCO1E.png

R7oDPAh.png
qh7Bc70.png

FmoUYOd.png
7HCKRsD.png

How I made these? Well:
  • cropped proper area to 32x48
  • resized to 64x96
  • added two vertical bars
  • applied transparency
p. s.

Making avatars from this game is a biatch, since devs used same color for "transparent background" and "regular" areas. So it's always debatable, if sth should be transparent, or not ("select all pixels with set color" used):

CIU0B0F.png

:roll:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The avatar gallery may be unusable, but I can still upload new avatars to the server that will become available when it returns.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
We need some fucking FPS avatars here.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Sad Loser
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
You can now change avatars. The addon was written by me. It doesn't look as nice as the old one but it should still work for its purpose.

Semiurge

Cipher
You can now change avatars. The addon was written by me. It doesn't look as nice as the old one but it should still work for its purpose.

Excellent. Now there's still the matter of restoring support for animations.

Semiurge

Cipher
Twiglard Turns out that my previous pecs flexing blue avatar is not from the Cho Aniki games, but from Phantasy Star Cave. There's many avatar worthy gifs from it online, so perhaps it should already have its own category.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Sad Loser
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Twiglard Turns out that my previous pecs flexing blue avatar is not from the Cho Aniki games, but from Phantasy Star Cave. There's many avatar worthy gifs from it online, so perhaps it should already have its own category.
Ping someone with filesystem access to the avatar gallery. I'm only responsible for the gallery addon itself.

Semiurge

Cipher

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What do you want me to do? Delete that avatar?

Semiurge

Cipher

Create a sub-gallery for Phantasy Star and move it there. Please.

agris

Arcane
Patron
why are avatar submissions so weeb-heavy? we need to sort of quota that limits the spread of this disease

agris

Arcane
Patron
why are avatar submissions so weeb-heavy? we need to sort of quota that limits the spread of this disease
Nobody stops you from submitting galleries that match your taste.

this isn't a very compelling tact for someone who prefers quality vs quantity. to counter-act the weeb submissions we should rip more 3rd rate and shovelware wrpg avatars? sounds pretty decline to me.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member

I'm not creating a gallery for one image. If you care enough, grab all the portraits from that game and upload a zip.

Semiurge

Cipher

I'm not creating a gallery for one image. If you care enough, grab all the portraits from that game and upload a zip.

Expect a Phantasy Star dump in the near future.

somerandomdude

Educated
Serious question, but are custom avatars even done anymore? Do I need to donate to get one? If I was to donate $30-$50, would one of you admins make this my avatar?

th

Look, I like the site, and I'll paypal $50 if you just make that my avatar.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I've noticed you're part of a group of loud, decrepit, bitter fucks who are so jealous of Japanese game art that they just can't stop telling everyone about it.

You sport an avatar that, at best, makes people retch.
Don't attempt to take the ugliness of your soul out on others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom