Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.5%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 262 45.5%

• Total voters

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
NORCO

aggrieveddadyqkg4.png
burnout9dj0e.png
catherine-madererdkvj.png
creepylhjhw.png
dallasu8jhd.png
gooch2gks8.png
idiot-sonmnkuh.png
intellectualbykd2.png
kay-maderefekom.png
kissassdxjyr.png
leblancmwjt1.png
luckyhbjv9.png
millioniak7h.png
monkey9ajv6.png
newguy1cj2r.png
pawpaw71jr6.png
pawpaws-favorite1bjqn.png
shitheadv2kuk.png
swordsman9ljwr.png
thoughtfulgamer0gjwi.png

All 96 x 96 px PNG's with alpha transparency.

Infinitron DarkUnderlord

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Infinitron 192x192 is the right size, right?
Usually 96x96 but there are several avatar galleries that are bigger than that, although the forum software will resize them to 96x96 automatically.
Quoting meself and paging Infinitron since he hit me with citation needed. At the time I didn't remember any examples but now I know two examples:

Psychonauts (150x150):

Psychonauts_a.jpg

And then there's Torment numanuma with humongous sizes (400x400):

Portrait-LCO_Male.png

I'm sure there are more but I don't know the exact galleries. So guys, don't let Infi guilt trip you into making all the resize work :smug:

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, finished my playthrough of Tactics Ogre - LUCT for Snes, and decided to share avatards I've made.

What's the point, since Niektory uploaded these to the 'Dex back in 2013? Well:
  • Niektory's archive is now gone.
  • 'Dex' avatard gallery is gone (for) now too.
  • IMO (some of) my 'tards are better than Niektory's 'tards. In some cases he used some weird settings when applying transparency, so some pixels on the border between "solid" and "transparent" areas got too bright. I would've posted some examples, but see above. I've noticed this first in case of Balzepho, but I can't acces the "old" version now:

ZWPULcJ.png
Anyway, enjoy:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3zmglo1ay1o4vix/

Examples:

AYb4XdK.png
d7bTMRy.png

tQZ4l2W.png
GVYCO1E.png

R7oDPAh.png
qh7Bc70.png

FmoUYOd.png
7HCKRsD.png

How I made these? Well:
  • cropped proper area to 32x48
  • resized to 64x96
  • added two vertical bars
  • applied transparency
p. s.

Making avatars from this game is a biatch, since devs used same color for "transparent background" and "regular" areas. So it's always debatable, if sth should be transparent, or not ("select all pixels with set color" used):

CIU0B0F.png

:roll:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The avatar gallery may be unusable, but I can still upload new avatars to the server that will become available when it returns.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
You can now change avatars. The addon was written by me. It doesn't look as nice as the old one but it should still work for its purpose.

Semiurge

Cipher
Twiglard Turns out that my previous pecs flexing blue avatar is not from the Cho Aniki games, but from Phantasy Star Cave. There's many avatar worthy gifs from it online, so perhaps it should already have its own category.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Twiglard Turns out that my previous pecs flexing blue avatar is not from the Cho Aniki games, but from Phantasy Star Cave. There's many avatar worthy gifs from it online, so perhaps it should already have its own category.
Ping someone with filesystem access to the avatar gallery. I'm only responsible for the gallery addon itself.

Semiurge

Cipher
Ping someone with filesystem access to the avatar gallery. I'm only responsible for the gallery addon itself.

This would be.... Infinitron?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom