Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.4%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 263 45.6%

• Total voters

Semiurge

Cipher
Oh yeah, Infinitron

See that they won't get those strange light borders around them like the Uuno avatars did, despite their being the right size - less than or equal to 96x96px.
I thought you had to "manually" pad them with transparency so they became 96x96px.

I thought you had to "manually" pad them with transparency so they became 96x96px.
That's right, otherwise they'll become stretched.

They are exactly 96 px tall without padding around the tallest vertical line, in most cases anyway. Should I do anything with them, and what?

Unwanted

†††

Patron
They are exactly 96 px tall. Should I do anything with them, and what?
2.png
This image for example is 48x96. If uploaded like that, it would stretch horizontally and look like ass. You have to manually pad it with a transparency to occupy the entire 96x96 space.

Semiurge

Cipher
2.png
This image for example is 48x96. If uploaded like that, it would stretch horizontally and look like ass. You have to manually pad it with a transparency to occupy the entire 96x96 space.

Oh yes, I got it now. Goes against the whole "no real-estate wasted"- principle. 'Course, xenforo might allow the stretching to be disabled so that images get displayed in their native resolution as long as it doesn't exceed 96x96.

Last edited:
Unwanted

†††

Patron
Oh yes I got it now. Goes against the whole "no real-estate wasted"- principle.
An example of stretched avatars is the Rance X gallery (open the avatars in a new tab and compare). Maybe one day I'll try fixing them but I don't care that much for Rance. Maybe Jaedar can take up the challenge.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
2.png

Oh yes I got it now. Goes against the whole "no real-estate wasted"- principle. 'Course, xenforo might allow the stretching to be disabled so that images get displayed in their native resolution.
It's probably good for making posts appear the same regardless of resolution and who made the post?

Oh yes I got it now. Goes against the whole "no real-estate wasted"- principle.
An example of stretched avatars is the Rance X gallery (open the avatars in a new tab and compare). Maybe one day I'll try fixing them but I don't care that much for Rance. Maybe Jaedar can take up the challenge.
The current Rance X stuff is a bit weird. Clearly someone manually cut out parts of larger artworks to try and get avatars they felt were cool. But then they didn't feel like they needed to resize? The selection is also weird because it's almost entirely artwork from the last 10% of the game :M
If I had a good way to download all the X avatars currently on the codex I would fix them (it's literally a single command line call), but it's a bit annoying to download them one by one.

Manually cutting faces out of artwork is also too much effort for me, I just mass extract, and then mass cut/resize/pad.
I do want to add more Rance X stuff, but there's 100+ characters and over a thousand notable variations (different artstyles, poses, etc). And that's just counting "card" artwork, if one includes actual portraits or full body renditions (I really like how some of the full character ones turned out when resized for the other games) it's more. And of course they need to be manually sorted to remove the NSFW ones. And trying to make stuff look good is not trivial, since they're all rectangular by default, and 96x96 means you can't see any details if the source image is not cut to approximately square first.

Semiurge

Cipher
Btw the old Uuno avatars with visible interpolation artefacts still show in the folder for some reason. It isn't just me is it? Even the new one has a duplicate.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Btw the old Uuno avatars with visible interpolation artefacts still show in the folder for some reason. It isn't just me is it? Even the new one has a duplicate.
Infinitron only adds files and doesn't delete. You should've taken note of the original filenames and used them to replace the existing ones.

Semiurge

Cipher
Last edited:
Unwanted

†††

Patron
For some reason I can't quote your post, Semiurge ... No, I'm saying Infinitron just chooses to do it this way for convenience.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Most of the portraits in Archmage Rises are procedurally generated out of overlaid components, but a few are static:

mltcpNl.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom