Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.5%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 262 45.5%

• Total voters

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Plz.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Rance IX

Samples:
RanceIX_1.png
RanceIX_19.png
RanceIX_Freak.png

I'm kinda upset at how this was probably the easiest game in the series to take portraits from, which means it will get a larger gallery than most of the series, despite being a pretty disappointing entry overall.

After this pack is uploaded, the codex will have avatars for every canonical main entry in the rance series (Missing 4.1 and 4.2 which I don't know if I'll bother with, but I can't truly call my vow complete until X has a worthy gallery). マイルストーンゲト!

Semiurge

Cipher
There's a certain newcomer who urgently needs some Taghor avatars added to the EoB gallery. There's this

Taghor3.png

which would have to be resized first, but the party portrait would be more appropriate. It would have to be either extracted from the game and then upscaled without loss of quality, or cropped from a screenshot since it doesn't seem to exist online as a usable image.

Last edited:

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
There's a certain newcomer who urgently needs some Taghor avatars added to the EoB gallery.
Now that you mention it, it's weird - I have the EoB avatars on my harddrive but apparently never submitted them. Here they are:

eye.jpg

Attachments

• eye.zip
    194.6 KB · Views: 69

Semiurge

Cipher

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's a certain newcomer who urgently needs some Taghor avatars added to the EoB gallery.
Now that you mention it, it's weird - I have the EoB avatars on my harddrive but apparently never submitted them. Here they are:

View attachment 35865

Is the image representative of their quality? They look like they've been converted into really compressed jpgs.
Yes, they're jpgs. C'mon Lady Error.

Semiurge

Cipher

View attachment 35865

Is the image representative of their quality? They look like they've been converted into really compressed jpgs.
Yes, they're jpgs. C'mon Lady Error.

I know you need PNGs and all that, but if the originals are that low quality you really shouldn't bother with them at all even if the format is changed. Compression artifacts don't belong in the avatar gallery, or anywhere for that matter. It's 2023.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Extracted directly from the game files now, with zero compression:

chargena2.png

Resized them to 95x98. If the forum software stretches them, somebody needs to add a transparent border.

Attachments

• eob_new.zip
    93.5 KB · Views: 61

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It will, because they're supposed to be 96x96.

I fixed it for you.

Actually this is a bad resize. The file sizes have been needlessly inflated. What algorithm did you use?
I didn't pick an algorithm, I just let the software do its thing. Same software (imageMagick) and commands (mogrify) I used for all the avatars I uploaded, no idea why this one suddenly broke. Definitely no idea how to fix either.

Dhaze

Cipher
Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom