Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Exitium is uploading the first two game avatars right now. We're having a Geneforge group and an Avernum group of avatars to start off with.

So.. All the people who asked for avatar thingies, you may go, "YAY!" now.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I've put up a bunch of high quality Vaultboy avatars, as well as most of the Fallout avatars. The only Fallout avatars I don't have are the Enclave, Horrigan and all the other FO2-unique things.

Just as well, I don't have the avatar of the mad doctor. I need that.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
YAY!!

Does the Brahmin move? Do we have that one lying arond somewhere?

Dan

Liturgist
Seeing as I sent you those nifty Fallout avatars, would I able to get my avatar changed to that special custom one I have in DAC? (You know, that concept mr.handy one...) :oops:

Ausir

Arcane
All avatars are gone except for Vaultboy 1 & 2... I hope you'll correct it.

shyha

Novice
Ello :) That's my first post here ;)

It would be very, very nice to have an option for using custom avatars. It may be released as :
1. download to the website
2. providing a link to the picture

I want to put my own avatar, and I don't think that sending pictures to the admin's email rocks :/ (especially him ;))) )
but if there's the only way then let me know :)

Edit:
Ok - I've found another topic about avatars....

But.... Am I "Special" man ? I think everyone's special in his own way, so : Is this DISCRIMINATION ? There will be annihilation someday (especially when N-Korea will stand against USA with Saddam).... so If we all die, then what? Give us a chance to be a little happy with our own custom Avatars!
It's a bit too heavy ruled.... signing avatars ? WHO NEED THIS ?

Ok.... you'll tell, that I'm new here, and that I have to stay shy... hehe :)

shyha

Novice
Jarinor said:
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the rant in your edit?

hmmm it could be one of the following [in order of probabilty - ascending]:

1. my english is weak
2. you haven't read this another topic
3. you are not common with current geopolitical situation
4. you're the one!

Spazmo

Erudite
Custom avatars take up too much space and are often stupid. Hell, I would love to use good 'ol Guybrush here, but I'm happy with Mr. Handy.

Rosh

Erudite
Well...I guess some custom ones wouldn't be too bad. Perhaps if you want Guybrush to be linked from here, I could put up a copy at NMA if you want.

Rosh

Erudite
Fine. Be that way.

Just don't say I didn't ever try to do something for you. :x :oops:

Bitch.

Dan

Liturgist
Yeah, the only thing better then Mr. Handy is custom Mr. Handy... :P

Rosh

Erudite
Hehehe...well, can do so if you go onto NMA's forum and upload them there. Then you might be able to remote link from here, or I can take them from there and change directory over.

As for the "miffed" tone towards Spazmo, just want to make it clear that was a joke. :)

Xento

Novice
Well, I think there should be an option to link to a custom avatar. That way, there is no extra space taken up on this server. I know it's possible, because I use phpBB, too.

But, if you dont do that, do we need a certain post count to be able to get a custom avatar?

Spazmo

Erudite
Some people might link to an avatar from a dubious server, which would take some time to load and slow some people down. Furthermore, avatar galleries allow the admins to control what goes into an avatar. They don't have to police wily buggers who put pr0n or other offensive stuff in the avatar.

Xento

Novice
Yes, I suppose you are correct in that.

But may we request custom avatars by private message or email? :)

Spazmo

Erudite
Some of the really important people get custom avatars. Others get them because of some service to the site. Dan, for example, uploaded some avatars for the galleries, so they gave him his standard avatar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom