Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Oh...it's Pillars shit. Whelp.

Delterius

Arcane
AVOWED - Fampyrs gone Postenago, Ekera: A Pillars of Eternity Story is the first Pillars of Eternity game that combines the best elements of traditional crpg games with high level, first person shooting technology. Set in the Empire of Aedyr, fight elves, humans, fampyrs, wbloblins and black hispano-italians in your quest to become King in what one might even call a Kingmaker story. Now no longer featuring Sawyer of the Pillars of Eternity series.

Ulysa

Scholar
The setting does have some potential, especially taking into account that it's the only Renaissance Fantasy setting where gunpowder weapons and their influence on warfare are taken properly into account. The idea behind the pantheon, though somewhat fedora tipping for my tastes, is also rather unique. Unfortunately, due to the fact that it's an original setting, the developers fell into the trap of over-exposing every element and idea behind said universe.

In other words - too much Martin, too little Tolkien. "A whisper can be more powerful than a shout" as a certain painter once said.

Nicely said. I like PoE world I just don't retain the names, the lore for some reason. Maybe is because I'm over 30 and you absorb all that nerdy thing better when you are a teen :lol:. There's just no more space in the brain.

Codex Year of the Donut
AVOWED - Fampyrs gone Postenago, Ekera: A Pillars of Eternity Story is the first Pillars of Eternity game that combines the best elements of traditional crpg games with high level, first person shooting technology. Set in the Empire of Aedyr, fight elves, humans, fampyrs, wbloblins and black hispano-italians in your quest to become King in what one might even call a Kingmaker story. Now no longer featuring Sawyer of the Pillars of Eternity series.
Gellarde! Well done!

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The fact that this is cross gen is sad.
Hopefully they implement mod support.
Oh there will be mod support, they're already seeing dollars in their eyes, thinking they must replicate Skyrim to the letter. Problem is, this game will suck and have no mods, cause bad games don't get mods. Poe1 is prime example.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Mentions of oaths isn't the problem. I just can't actually figure out what they mean. Like, just denotatively, what does it mean to say "is an oath worth the weight of a crown"? The only meaning I can come to is, "If keeping your oath means you'll have to be king, would you still keep your oath?" Which seems like a fairly silly framing, since two seconds earlier the video praised war for "turning heroes into kings and queens."

My guess is they meant, "Is a crown worth the weight of an oath", but are semiliterate.

thesecret1

Arcane
Not only was this one of the most generic trailers I've ever seen, it even had the narrator say generic shit ("Be adventurer, become queen or king!") and worst of all, it showed the BESIEGED force shoot FIRE arrows at the sieging force (what the hell would that accomplish?), with the sieging force being fucking SKELETONS, the one enemy that should be immune or at least extremely resistant to arrows!:outrage:

wahrk

Learned
It’s a cinematic teaser trailer, it’s completely pointless to try and glean any actual information from it or critique inconsistencies.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
generic trailers
Yes, it can be broken down into components. Music is generic. This statue is generic:

105d54183fc7eb283699417f3274712b.png

And this is just shameless:

e3d3a799ec8a9a6572500bf86d67ca02.png
=
58749f143190ac753a19734077007213.png

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if it's a total shitshow behind the scenes. They already had Grounded and TOW DLC to show, so it's not like they absolutely needed this trailer. What if there was some sort of contractual obligation, but the game is so far behind schedule that they didn't have any proper gameplay to show?

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
- completely expected game, you don't need to be an MCA stalker to predict something like this, it was obvious the moment M acquired Obsidian something like this would come
- one of the most boring and generic CGI trailers ever - it's so bland you can't speculate anything about the game, although the banner made it obvious it's set in POE universe
- also hope they will retain some Renaissance elements since straight out medieval game would be pretty boring, even if there aren't that many TES clones to begin with
- name is utter shit, seems like Sawyer invented the title since coming up with/choosing something so unnatural to human language isn't an easy achievement
- would be so much better if they've made a spiritual Arcanum FPS/RPG sequel. Or would it? Since everyone worth anything has left them, maybe it's better they didn't

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Does anyone know what Boyarski is up to since the TOW fiasco?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
- would be so much better if they've made a spiritual Arcanum FPS/RPG sequel. Or would it? Since everyone worth anything has left them, maybe it's better they didn't
I was just thinking about Journey to the Centre of Arcanum. It's probably for the best if everyone just leaves that alone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom