Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
XMIruIv.png
quote pyramid x 1

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
It's not next gen AI unless it incessantly inquires about High Elves or relates anecdotes about career-ending, projectile-based patella injuries.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
It's not next gen AI unless it incessantly inquires about High Elves or relates anecdotes about career-ending, projectile-based patella injuries.
You're too kind. AI will endlessly preach MAGA anecdotes (make aedyr great again), establish women as prey and emphasize incompetence of men in divisive political environment.

DeepOcean

Arcane
It is a pity Sawyer isnt on this project, granny Sawyer would be great for some memes. Those drones working for Obsidian nowdays dont have the same meme potential and Feargus isnt photogenic.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is a pity Sawyer isnt on this project, granny Sawyer would be great for some memes. Those drones working for Obsidian nowdays dont have the same meme potential and Feargus isnt photogenic.
Oh sweet Christ, you think there won't be any sweet roll easter eggs? At least 1 arrow to some guards knee? Or the first companion you meet offering to carry your burdens?

I fully expect 100% hackfrauderry and a 0% spike on the give-a-shit-o-meter. Maybe 1 character looking like Aela, and Laura Bailey voicing a fampyr for the lulz.

Zlaja

Arcane
So, yet another "slam dunk" AAA production by Obsidian that will make all the shill retards on youtube salivate and yap about how 'Bethesda is finished'. :P

Bulo

Scholar
So, yet another "slam dunk" AAA production by Obsidian that will make all the shill retards on youtube salivate and yap about how 'Bethesda is finished'. :P

Nth time's the charm!

Viata

Arcane
So, who exactly is waiting for the game? Who is it aimed at?
It's like back in PS3/360 era where a lot of FPS were trying to copy CoD because they want a share of that money, but didn't work because people that liked CoD wanted to play CoD, not a clone of it.
The people that like Skyrim will keep playing Skyrim.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's like back in PS3/360 era where a lot of FPS were trying to copy CoD because they want a share of that money, but didn't work because people that liked CoD wanted to play CoD, not a clone of it.
Not a great comparison - Call of Duty puts out 3 new games every year, and people keep buying them. Mods certainly have given Skyrim a lot of longevity but it did come out nine years ago.

Speaking for myself, I got a lot out of Skyrim but even I stopped after 350 hours. Not gonna lie - I want to at least see TES VI. If Avowed is good I'll play it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So, who exactly is waiting for the game? Who is it aimed at?... The people that like Skyrim will keep playing Skyrim.

Outside of communist apologizers this is one of the most retarded things I have ever read on this forum, seriously. It's like the guys in the Amid Evil thread asking why anyone would play it when they could just replay Quake. People don't play one game per genre forever you fucking idiot. Of course they want more Skryim-a-likes that are good, especially since Bethesda is lost at sea after making a shit online version. If Obsidian make a half-decent Skyrim clone with next-gen graphics before TES6 comes out, it'll be an almost guaranteed hit.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Skyrim will be 10 years old by the time Avowed is released, and there hasn't been any game like Skyrim released in the meantime. If Obsidian can nail the Bethesda formula with Avowed it will be a massive hit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom