Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
A Skyrim clone in PoE's setting?

tenor.gif

We all know Skyrim's popularity is tied 100% to the availability of sex mods.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Mentions of oaths isn't the problem. I just can't actually figure out what they mean. Like, just denotatively, what does it mean to say "is an oath worth the weight of a crown"? The only meaning I can come to is, "If keeping your oath means you'll have to be king, would you still keep your oath?" Which seems like a fairly silly framing, since two seconds earlier the video praised war for "turning heroes into kings and queens."
Provided Obsidian keeps reincarnation a mainstay, I was imagining something along the lines of a prior incarnation entering into a bargain (the oath) to become king. The drawback is that the oath survived death and carried into the subsequent incarnations. In relation to "is an oath worth the weight of a crown," it could be "was it worth selling your soul for?"

I am not saying it is great, but given the centrality of reincarnation, an "oath" across incarnations seems to fit better than the nebulous "Watcher."

A trailer should make you interested in the game, but this one only made me yawn. Wow, a castle under siege, epic voice says something in the background, a skeleton enemy, main character holds a sword and a some magic spell just like in skyrim. It's only a trailer, but everything about this game already screams "generic and derivative".
tbf the trailer (more like a teaser really) tells so little I can't tell if the game itself is going to be generic. I guess it appeals to the average epic gamer.

jungl

Augur
I don't know if they can pull off a living world feel. Skyrim with its giants roaming around trees swaying in wind and farmers made it feel like npcs go about in this world with their daily routines and actually live in the world. Outer worlds on the other hand with monarch the world was like a cake. Everything has a pretty set piece but doesn't feel organic alive. Very static game world feel.

All these open world games are staticy but its about creating the illusion that they not.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Do we know anything more about Avowed then it's Skyrim's zoomer brother? Any screenshots, any features list, gameplay/story details, anything? Currently less is known then about Feargus' tax returns

Thonius

Arcane
It will be mediocre. Screen cap it put in on flash and put that flash inside safe. 1.5 to 2 years after(release) open safe and flash. I'll still be right.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The Outer Realms

Honestly, if someone made a good open world RPG about the Outer Planes, I'd bust a nut.

Wizards of the Coast, why you be sleeping on video games? Look at what Games Workshop is doing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom