Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Aw shit, West Games is going at it again - STALKER Apocalypse

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I don't know what I expected.
*bookmarked*
Gathering sources (popcorn) for incumming drama.

ij4kYLL.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
STALKER Apocalypse

STALKER Apocalypse is a new story driven first person shooter that's being made by our studio, West Games. Our team is made up of ex-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. developers and other talented team members. We were formerly developing a game called Areal, but after raising funds on our website and listening to our fans, we decided to re-focus our vision, and develop what is now STALKER Apocalypse (trademarked). STALKER Apocalypse features a unique story and plenty of familiar elements that will undoubtedly please our fans. There will be single player, multi player and split screen game modes. Stalker Apocalypse is being developed on Unreal Engine 4, and will be released on PC (Windows, Mac) and console (Xbox One, PS4) platforms.

3 backers
$150

pledged of 600000
days to go

:kfc:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
These guys make my mind blow up. Could someone explain what's happening?

So, GSC Game World ceased to exist in 2011 coz of corrupted Ukranian police and shit, which doesn't really matter. It's founder and all-time owner, father and author of all STALKER series, Sergei Grigorovich, continiues to work on his projects alone. Even if rumors about him working on "STALKER 2" are not true, HE STILL OWNS THE RIGHTS, dammit.

And what are these West-stidio-whatever? "Our team is made up of ex-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. developers and other talented team members." - lol, what? All ex-STALKER devs are in Vostok Games now. AFAIK, their last project was Survarium (which was partly STALKER-inspired, but didn't break any rights).

More so, due to Russian and Ukrainian financial laws, it was previously impossible (and I'm pretty sure it's still impossible) to get funded from kickstarter. Hell, that was the sole reason of our national BOOMSTARTER which is a fucking joke.

So once again, who are those guys and what exactly is going on?

Edit: Ohhh, I see now. Grigorovich made "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.", they are making "STALKER". Fuck them.
Pretty sure they are russian, not Ukranian

Angthoron

Arcane
Stalker on UE4 and not on XRay? How about no.

Wait. How about no, in general.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There is old Aerial thread somewhere, lot of hilarity and scamming. I already forgot all stuff that happened (because I want to forget about such necromancy bait). It includes stealing art and stuff from others.

They dared to speak to people from outside, which reveal they ignorance and inanity. Like - they believe that console toolkits (that help you create/port games for any consoles) is some downloadable software that you can simply download from TPB. We know they don't give a shit about IP and owners rights but still...

And what's the fuss about that boomstarter? High taxex/exortions?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
There is old Aerial thread somewhere, lot of hilarity and scamming. I already forgot all stuff that happened (because I want to forget about such necromancy bait). It includes stealing art and stuff from others.

They dared to speak to people from outside, which reveal they ignorance and inanity. Like - they believe that console toolkits (that help you create/port games for any consoles) is some downloadable software that you can simply download from TPB. We know they don't give a shit about IP and owners rights but still...

Found the previous thread. Thanks man, it is hilarious indeed.

From their kickstarter page:
"we decided to re-focus our vision, and develop what is now STALKER Apocalypse (trademarked)"
It's like "Aha, Grigorovich! Didn't expect that somebody could trademark STALKER withour dots, did ya? EAT DUST ololol"

Sinatar

Arbiter
It looks like they created this scam crowdfunding site for this shit. Read the FAQ for some laughs.

What if I don't reach my funding goal?

Don't worry, it's not the end of the world! You still get to keep whatever funds that you raise, which is in stark contrast to other crowd-funding platforms. On WFUNDER, project creators get to keep whatever funds that they raise.

Once you make a pledge, you cannot cancel or lower your pledge, but you can increase your pledge. The reason we do this is because we feel that making a pledge to a crowd-funding project should be considered as a serious commitment, and not a split second decision. We want to provide an environment where both project creators and backers can have a secure and positive environment

Last edited:

pippin

People don't really learn, it seems. 150 bux given by 3 people. I woudln't give 50 bux for any sort of crowdfunding project. Maybe if I'm sure the campaign will deliver what I'm looking for, but this is not the case. Vaporware, vaporware never changes.

toroid

Arcane
How much longer until we start to hear about scamdevs like this gettin' murked?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
ws81se6.jpg

So they say this is STALKER, not S.T.A.L.K.E.R., eh? Screwed. :M
That just happens to be printed on a piece of metal that has screws on the bottom. Any similarity to the word S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is purely coincidental.

It's founder and all-time owner, father and author of all STALKER series, Sergei Grigorovich, continiues to work on his projects alone. Even if rumors about him working on "STALKER 2" are not true, HE STILL OWNS THE RIGHTS, dammit.

[/spoiler]

Don't tease this shit what is true about this?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

It's founder and all-time owner, father and author of all STALKER series, Sergei Grigorovich, continiues to work on his projects alone. Even if rumors about him working on "STALKER 2" are not true, HE STILL OWNS THE RIGHTS, dammit.

[/spoiler]

It's from Razumov's interview. Razumov is the only guy who's currently working with Grigorovich. The latter doesn't give interviews at all.

The whole thing is on russian tho. The main stuff is:

1. The trademark is his, he's got no intention whatsoever of selling it.
2. He'll find the fundings, and do the sequel one day.
3. Until then he's working on it all by himself.

The man doesn't shit-talk, so I'll wait as long as it takes.

Edit: Actually, Grigorovich gave a few interviews, so I was wrong on that.

Last edited:

[/spoiler]

It's from Razumov's interview. Razumov is the only guy who's currently working with Grigorovich. The latter doesn't give interviews at all.

The whole thing is on russian tho. The main stuff is:

1. The trademark is his, he's got no intention whatsoever of selling it.
2. He'll find the fundings, and do the sequel one day.
3. Until then he's working on it all by himself.

The man doesn't shit-talk, so I'll wait as long as it takes.

Edit: Actually, Grigorovich gave a few interviews, so I was wrong on that.

:bro:

So there is hope. :fuuyeah:

potatojohn

Arcane
Consider S.T.A.L.K.E.R sto... er, took the name and concept from the movie Stalker, this seems entirely appropriate

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom