Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Aztec Empire - Impressions-like city builder clone set in Central America

catfood

AGAIN
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aztec-empire/aztec-empire

They have a kickstarter going on right now. They also offer a demo version which is nice to have. The demo contains just one mission and it's what you can expect: it's a clone of the old Impressions city builder games but this time in Mexico, the land of Melcar . I played the demo a bit and it's pretty basic at the moment and for a two-man team it looks decent. A nice little detail that I liked is that the year has 19 months and each month comes with its own aztec name.

List of features includes:

Build a complex city and fulfill all the needs of your citizens

-
Build giant Temples and Monuments to represent your power and to praise the demanding gods

-

A nostalgic isometric graphic like you love it in the old classics

-
A complex economy system with different classes of citizens who all need various goods and services

-
Hazards like earthquakes, volcanoes and diseases which will constantly threaten your upcoming city

-

Experience an interesting scenario where you get to know the history of the Aztecs

Also bonus:

THICC ASSTECC Waifus

F3zFoUR.png

frajaq

Erudite
This looks great, I loved those old Impression games when I was a kid, even though I barely knew what I was doing, I just liked the artstyle of the buildings and the different sprite models of citizens walking around

Wasnt there a Pharaoh remake too at some point?

Aemar

Arcane
To be honest there's no reason to consider this more than an Impressions Games knock off.

Wasnt there a Pharaoh remake too at some point?
You mean Children of the Nile? Builders of Egypt?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom