Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BABYLON'S FALL [PC, PS4]

Allyriadil

Educated

Developed by Platinum Games.

Port better be good this time around, Nier Automata was a shitfest in terms of performance and bugs.
The game looks interesting though.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
"a new challenge for us at PlatinumGames": https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/9850

Our team is currently working hard to make this game a bold, new experience for PlatinumGames and Square Enix fans alike. There’s not much that we aren’t keeping under wraps for now, but I can say that BABYLON’S FALL represents a new challenge for us at PlatinumGames. Stay on the lookout for more information!

https://www.platinumgames.com/games/babylons-fall

Genre: TBD

Okay!

Btw, Squnix producers of Nier: Automata are working on this. Taro seemingly is not.

So they have 3 AAA titles in production?!

Well, Bayonetta 3 seemed like in the early stage of development.

They are also working on two mobile games (Lost Order seemed like in limbo, Demon something is releasing soon) and two self-published games (seemed like early in development too), though.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Alive apparently: https://gematsu.com/2019/11/babylons-fall-news-due-out-by-the-end-of-2019

Babylon’s Fall news due out by the end of 2019
Please look forward to it.

Square Enix will share new information on Babylon’s Fall, its E3 2018-announced title developed by Platinum Games, by the end of 2019, company producer Yosuke Saito told Automaton.

Asked by the interviewer whether Saito will follow through on releasing new information about Babylon’s Fall in 2019, Saito responded, “Yes, we’ll be doing that.”

Unrelated to Babylon’s Fall, Saito mentions that there are also several other projects underway.

Babylon’s Fall is in development for PlayStation 4 and PC.

Probably TGA.

ADL

Prophet
The gameplay looks fun but I'm not sure if I like the Dark Souls 3/Deus Ex Human Revolution yellow piss filter color grading.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It looks like any other Platinum game. Very flashy combat, and it's going to have zero substance like all the previous releases as well. I think Astral Chain is the last time I let myself get bamboozled by them.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I think Astral Chain is the last time I let myself get bamboozled by them.

Is Astral Chain this bad? Only released Switch game on my radar...
I got extremely bored and could never finish it. I know a few people who own it and are also on the same boat. The RPG elements were also overwhelmingly more important than player skill since you could easily power your way through anything with a bit of level grind and gear/skill upgrades. It also suffered the same problem that I'm seeing immediately here where the gameplay depth is replaced with flashy looking moves, but now I'm just repeating myself.

Hyperion

Arcane
I think Astral Chain is the last time I let myself get bamboozled by them.

Is Astral Chain this bad? Only released Switch game on my radar...
It was dreadfully boring. You played a Detective, so missions typically followed the same routine of investigate then kill.

Unfortunately the investigations weren't particularly fun, and it was just you walking around clicking on a few interactables and using some sensor not all that different from Witcher senses, then listening to some talking. At the end you would be quizzed.

Combat was bog standard action, but you used the second joystick to control some monster that was chained to you. The game also slowly unlocks combat features for you which requires you to backtrack and revisit missions to find extra stuff, which I HATE. And not even in the sense of combos or new moves for your character, just shitty monster styles that can dig holes, or smash the environment, so it's boring story-gated content that you should see relegated to Zelda....in a mission-based game.

The game also grades you on your job at the end of the mission, except it's not possible to beat the 2nd mission in a quick enough time on a first go because you don't unlock the combat feature required to do enough damage to the bosses / mini-bosses until the end.

I will give it credit though, the cyberpunk city looks great, and should have been a perfect place to explore in an ARPG, but it was all so railroaded and disappointing . It's honestly the only game I've bought in all of 2017-2019 where I really felted cheated out of my money.

Get the SaGa games instead, Octopath, the definitive Dragon Warrior 11 edition instead. Hell even the latest Fire Emblem was a better purchase than this, and it wasn't even a very good FE by the series standards (better than the handheld shit though)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom