Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Back to nature. We got a lot of greasing to do. [Shadowrun]

Zomg

Arbiter
spekkio said:
This thread delivers.

Can some of you describe the main differences between Shadowrun MegaDrive and Shadowrun Snes? 'Cause this game looks friggin' awesome.

:thumbsup:

SNES version came first, Genesis later

SNES version is like Quest for Glory with a really painful interface. Point and click using a d-pad with a lot of input lag and ugh. It would be nice for emulation if it used the snes mouse thing but I think they correctly guessed it wasn't worth the time to implement in the early '90s. The PC is a do-everything-in-shadowrun decker-bionicgunner-magician.

Genesis version is like baby's first Darklands. Main plot is terrible, '80s Neuromancer internet is much more developed, combat is less annoying but also more brainless.

Mystary!

Arcane
Bump for MOAR!

The SNES one was my first "rpg", and still one of my favourite games. I've tried this genesis version on emulator many times but it just seems so repetitive and farm heavy for me, and I could never understand what the hell i was doing in cyberspace. This is a good alternative for me, as I'll probably wont try it again.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Update 7: Frag doesn't even come close. Fuck shit cunt #$^@QHAGRETQ$#~

Lets chat up our new contacts.
SR882.png

SR883.png

Since the screen is off and there's no voiceovers, we'll have to do our best to imagine she isn't a tranny. But this is the internet matrix, after all.
SR884.png

Well she's got the attitude of a shutin obssessed with computers, so thats a good sign I suppose.
SR885.png

Lets get the free info first.
SR886.png

This'll probably be crap we already know since we've already focused on decking a lot and bought this contact late. Oh well.
SR887.png

SR888.png

SR889.png

Might as well ask about those programs next.

SR890.png

SR891.png

These are both very powerful programs for their level. The problem is, at level 3 they're likely to simply fail against the kinds of nodes you'd need them against. Anything weaker can probably be popped without their help. They also take up a lot of space, and cost a pretty penny for such low level programs.
SR892.png

We won't be buying either of these any time soon.
SR893.png

Lets meet Max next.
SR894.png

Looks boring and average. Which I suppose is a good thing in this business.
SR895.png

Ahhh hardware. I love that word.
SR896.png

Damn, this guy was worth it even if we only want to pick up one of those guns. That is one hell of a deal. SMG suppressors alone cost 1500 to install.
SR897.png

The passkeys are insanely expensive, but also technically a good deal. Assuming you're planning on using them a lot of course.

What was that he said about a security badge? That sounds useful.
SR898.png

6k is a great deal if they last forever, but I don't know if they do. Might be worth it anyways in a Renraku run, those cunts have serious security. We'll say goodbye for now.
SR900.png

Our next stop is another bar we skipped by because of the cover charge.
SR901.png

SR902.png

One paid off smug bouncer later, and we're in.

SR903.png

There's... something... at the bar. Lets check it out.
SR904.png

An elf decker. Nice. Elves make good deckers with their stat adjustments. And since the entrance fee on this place is higher than what Riki charges for a run, I'm guessing she's high end.
SR905.png

We'll indulge our inner story-fag and ask her about her past.
SR906.png

Damn, why do elves get a cool prophet? All humans got was a shitty carpenter and a little girl diddler.
SR907.png

SR908.png

Seems like she's a lot more knowledgable than that shitty contact. Lets ask this chick about the Matrix.
SR909.png

SR910.png

SR911.png

How about those corps anyways? What's the info?
SR912.png

SR914.png

We can't hire any more runners right now, so we say goodbye for now.
SR915.png

Lets check out the booth.
SR916.png

He's a dwarf, in case the 'diminutive' bit didn't catch your eye.
SR917.png

He's also going to give us some nice contracts I'd imagine, based on this place's door fee and company.
SR918.png

But first we ask some questions.
SR919.png

SR920.png

Yeah, you can't trust a creepy one eyed guy in a dark booth like that. I mean, all he needs to be a textbook villain is a mustache to twirl.

Lets see about that contact.
SR921.png

Well damn, gotta be pretty badass to be a pro at breaking into prisons. Definitely want this guy's number.
SR922.png

SR923.png

We ask him to line us up a job next.
SR924.png

SR925.png

SR926.png

SR927.png

SR928.png

Moderate runs are becoming pretty trivially at this point, and the door fee is a joke compared to our payouts. We run a lot of these contracts, both for the cash and the karma, since a moderate runs nets us 3 karma from this guy for each team member. We upgrade a lot of stats, including our rep.
SR935.png

SR936.png

I mean, you don't want to be known as the guy who lost to THAT now do you?
SR942.png

SR937.png

Aww frag.
SR939.png

Also not a good moment.

SR940.png

SR941.png

Thankfully our BROs are there to patch us back up. We can't actually be magically healed while unconscious, but Marrs is becoming damned good with those medkits.

We get hassled by some idiot on our way back from a job-
SR948.png

But we refrain from murdering him outright, and put our trained charisma to good use.
SR949.png

SR950.png

This particular node is a gold mine, and we dig a lot of data out of it on repeated runs to turn our deck into a hulking monster.
SR951.png

And with this kind of cash:
SR956.png

SR957.png

SR958.png

We start turning some other things into hulking monsters as well.
SR959.png

SR960.png

Well actually Hellblast is a pretty crappy spell. Even at 6 willpower on full defense, the spell still has an insane amount of drain, and only 1 success pip. At full offense the drain goes up a smidge and it becomes sort of viable, if you don't mind half killing yourself twice over.

We also decide to make Marrs start living up to his title.
SR964.png

SR965.png

SR966.png

SR967.png

SR968.png

SR969.png

Or at least we tried to, but he needs some more stats before he can pull that shit off properly.
SR970.png

Back to the big gun for now.

Why all the effort in pumping up Marrs here? Well, despite copious amounts of money spent on our deck, we simply cannot finish the mission we're on. The required file is behind too much black ice and tar pits.
SR971.png

So we're going to take a different mission.
SR972.png

SR973.png

SR974.png

Time for some sweet sweet revenge.
SR975.png

SR976.png

SR977.png

SR978.png

SR979.png

Fuchi is small time compared to all the other corps around here, but it's still a corp, and it's filled with loot, guns, and people to kill.
SR980.png

We catch a very lucky break while searching the first floor:
SR981.png

thanks to this random encounter, we can employ our computer skill in an attempt to dredge up some info on our target.
SR982.png

Success!
SR983.png

We blunder past some security cameras like complete morons.
SR984.png

The aftermath is very bloody:
SR985.png

SR986.png

SR987.png

SR988.png

But we come out on top easily.
SR989.png

SR990.png

SR991.png

SR992.png

SR993.png

Hello...
SR995.png

Lets try hacking down the security alarms.
SR996.png

SR997.png

We manage to sleaze by the first node.
SR998.png

But this one hands us our asses. It's just too difficult when the alarm is already tripper and the system is on active alert.

Afterwards, a bunch of interesting things were done. None of which I have screenshots of because apparently this emulator just overwrites the 999th screenshot when it reaches that number. Awesome!
SR999.png

We got pretty fucking strong though.

spekkio

Arcane
All humans got was a shitty carpenter and a little girl diddler.
j8wQY.jpg
5kh72.jpg

because apparently this emulator just overwrites the 999th screenshot when it reaches that number.
So you keep ALL the screenshots from the entire LP?

:retarded:

Also: Gens sux.

:smug:

Damned Registrations

Wasn't using Gens. And keeping the screenshots makes it easier to post links without having to mass name change files and shit. If I'd known it was going to be an issue I would have moved them or something obviously.

lightbane

Arcane
And to think that Shadowrun had soo much potential, after the awesome games for SNES and Genesis... That terrible shooter appeared, ruining forever any chance of seeing another Shadowrun rpg :rage:

Drakron

Arcane
lightbane said:
And to think that Shadowrun had soo much potential, after the awesome games for SNES and Genesis... That terrible shooter appeared, ruining forever any chance of seeing another Shadowrun rpg :rage:

That is not the problem ...

Shadowrun was FASA, Microsoft acquired FASA Interactive that meant they got Shadowrun along with BattleTech (and Crimson Skies).

Right now Shadowrun is still in Microsoft hands, they licensed it (along with Crimson Skies and MechWarrior) to Smith & Tinker back in December 2007 ... unfortunately chances are Shadownrun will turn out to be a iFag/Shitbook game or a MMO.

Mystary!

Arcane
Yes please do. I gave it another try and I just keep getting ganked on the streets by random thugs. I cannot into Shadowrun.

Damned Registrations

Played some more, need to write up the post now. Decided not to bother dicking around to try and re-enact all the stuff I did that the screenies got lost for, so a chunk of the plot and our massive power grabbing phase is going to be missing from this LP. Losing save files is always incredibly aggravating and screenshots of progress isn't much better, and makes me want to just quit the whole thing. But I'm determined to finish things at least, so I'm going to focus on the main story from now on, and forget about some of the sidequests and talking to every asshole we can find.

Damned Registrations

Update: Something I lost count.

First off, lets do a little recap of what was lost.

First of all, we got really fucking strong. Josh and Marrs are both cybered up, and let me tell you, the chances of anything in the game not taking damage from something with 'Massive' power are pretty much zilch. Everyone is also virtually bulletproof.
SRu001.png

Our notebook keeps track of some details concerning our investigation, which had some progress.
SRu002.png

Owlfeather was apparently on our brother's team. We got this information from that Tabatha chick in another hotel in Puyallup we overlooked before. We got more info out of Borris once we asked him about Owlfeather; apparently our brother used that name when he came to Borris for some gear.
SRu003.png

SRu004.png

We also find out our bro was working for that black elf guy, who was apparently working out of that snobby elf nightclub in downtown. Dropping his name got us through the door and he gave us another tidbit of info:
SRu005.png

Heres the latest info Borris gives us:
SRu006.png

SRu007.png

SRu008.png

SRu009.png

SRu010.png

SRu011.png

Instead of getting Borris to rig us up a visa, we opt for another approach. A friend of a friend can get us in:
SRu012.png

SRu013.png

SRu014.png

SRu015.png

SRu016.png

SRu017.png

SRu018.png

SRu019.png

In case you hadn't guessed, the numbers these guys are throwing around are trivial to us. Money is essentially a non issue at this point. So we're out in the boonies now looking for Owlfeather:
SRu020.png

SRu021.png

Finding your way around isn't difficult as long as you stay on a path.
SRu022.png

Ah, the natives are such noble people, what with the corpses and all.
SRu023.png

The local fauna are also noble, but thats what SMGs and cyberware are for.
SRu024.png

SRu025.png

SRu026.png

We get to the village pretty quickly.
SRu027.png

You'd think these things would go extinct pretty quick with everyone having guns and this being a populated area, but apparently not.

We enter one of the little huts:
SRu028.png

SRu029.png

Stupid useless cunt. It's like she wasn't placed there expressly for the purpose of aiding us or something. Ugh.

This building looks more promising:
SRu030.png

SRu031.png

Jackpot. Lets pump him for info.
SRu032.png

SRu033.png

SRu034.png

SRu035.png

SRu036.png

SRu037.png

We might as well ask him about the area too, he probably knows it pretty damned well.
SRu038.png

SRu039.png

SRu040.png

SRu041.png

SRu042.png

SRu043.png

SRu044.png

So by keeping these lands clean he must be referring to littering or something right?
SRu045.png

Oh. Well fuck him.
SRu046.png

Hmmm, lets just wait in case it's just some reasonable people and not horrible savage animals.
SRu047.png

WTF? Fucking niggers DIE!
SRu048.png

We check out this cave too while wandering the area:
SRu049.png

SRu050.png

But it's basically empty with no other exits we can find.
SRu051.png

SRu052.png

Also even though it's a fucking cave in the wilderness it's apparently electrically wired and the lights stay on all the time. Also lava pits or something. Because that makes lots of sense.
SRu053.png

Our internal monologue concerning the realism of well lit caves is interrupted by winged monsters made out of stone that hunger for human flesh.
SRu054.png

Afterwards we make our way back to the totally believable Vidphone/Matrix port installed in a rock wall and get a cab back to the city.

Well stop by a few bars to see if anyone has some info for us regarding Aragorn or anything else useful. Our first stop is Caleb, since he's probably got the most connections.
SRu055.png

SRu056.png

Even these guys turn into bootlickers once our rep is high enough.
SRu057.png

SRu058.png

SRu059.png

SRu060.png

Well, where the :monocle: gentleman has failed, perhaps the :cybermonocle: gentlemen can succeed.
SRu061.png

SRu062.png

Looks like this was the right place to come. We'll chase after Aragorn first, and leave the Mako douchebag for later.
SRu063.png

SRu064.png

SRu065.png

It's showtime.
SRu066.png

SRu067.png

Oh gee, good thing we snuck in huh?
SRu068.png

SRu069.png

Well maybe that worked out after all.

SRu070.png

SRu071.png

SRu072.png

SRu073.png

Like I said, it worked out just fine.
SRu074.png

Hah! No door can stand before Joshua's mighty hacking skillz!
SRu075.png

SRu076.png

Oh right. Trent has the electronics skill. Not the same as computer hacking. The movies lied to us.
SRu077.png

And behind the door we find... security terminals. Without guards. Because surely nobody who could override the door's security could possibly also handle the terminal security right?
SRu078.png

SRu079.png

SRu080.png

SRu081.png

Wouldn't want the guards forgetting where they're supposed to guard our important stuff. Better leave a memo for them on this unguarded security terminal on the first floor...
SRu082.png

One elevator ride later:
SRu083.png

SRu084.png

More doors. We simply re-attempt them until Trent gets through. The only possible penalty is an alarm, which we don't care about since the guards are pussies.
SRu085.png

Also retards, judging by the fact that not only did this guy believe our fake story, dispatch VERIFIED it for us, AFTER we'd set off an alarm with the same story a few minutes ago. Also, lots of bodies. Probably blood all over us.
SRu086.png

Oh cool, lets start a fight with this douchebag.
SRu087.png

Awww. Next time we'll just shoot him in the face instead of insulting him.
SRu088.png

Oh look: We found our guy.
SRu089.png

Speaking of douchebags...
SRu090.png

We murder our way back out of the building and return to Owlfeather.
SRu092.png

Or try to. Lets try hiding this time.
SRu093.png

Good to know feral beasts can't smell/see/hear a trio of freaks from the city.
SRu094.png

Urge to kill just keeps rising today.
SRu095.png

SRu096.png

SRu097.png

Oh I wish he'd try something. Fucking idiot deserves a bullet between the eyes more than those guards did.
SRu098.png

SRu099.png

Oh wow, we just did that fetch quest so we can talk to some crazy shaman dude? Fucking hell. Might as well go see him since we already did the quest.

Back we go to council island:
SRu101.png

SRu102.png

SRu103.png

SRu104.png

SRu105.png

SRu106.png

Oh yeah, this looks totally promising. :roll:
SRu107.png

Is that the awe-inspiring way of saying he smells like he's been pissing himself for days?
SRu108.png

SRu109.png

SRu110.png

SRu111.png

More fetch-questing? This is getting pretty lame.
SRu113.png

Fuck. You couldn't have mentioned this before we killed a billion of the fuckers?
SRu115.png

One trip to Redmond barrens later...
SRu114.png

SRu124.png

Oh FFS. What do you say guys? Should we keep at this shit or go hunt down that Mako guy?

Bonus event while walking around town; we get to sate some of our bloodlust for stupid assholes:
SRu116.png

SRu117.png

If you're wondering where Marrs is in that pic, he got hit by a single attack that chipped away his last bit of mental health by an enemy that spawned the instant we were walking out the exit. It booted him from our party and pissed him off back to neutral hiring range. Not that the money matters now. This happened while heading back to re-recruit him.
SRu118.png

Suffice to say heavy combat armor makes these punks pretty irrelevant. Why did they attack us and where did we get heavy combat armor you ask? We're chumming it up with the japanese mafia, thats how.
SRu119.png

SRu120.png

SRu121.png

SRu122.png

SRu123.png

We could have sided with the normal mafia (eye fivers) or the orks(chums with lone-star) but nothing says power like walking through a cloud of SMG fire, and Agira is the only guy who can sell us heavy combat armor.

Next update, we either hunt down so more foozle parts for Spirit Eyes or go bust Mako's balls and see where that leads us. Your call.

lightbane

Arcane
Also retards, judging by the fact that not only did this guy believe our fake story, dispatch VERIFIED it for us, AFTER we'd set off an alarm with the same story a few minutes ago. Also, lots of bodies. Probably blood all over us.

Yes, stealth missions were unfortunately pretty random, you could have a fake ID that a guard would accept but the next guard you faced immediately detected it as a fake. However, I remember that the invisibility spell made these missions very easy. And it doesn't matter which quest you do first, you'll have to do both to finish the game. Still, I say to finish first Spirit Eye's fetch quests.

Damned Registrations

I'd probably just abandon this but it's so near the end and I'd feel like a douche not finishing it before moving on to another game. Plus this way I can be all :smug: at people who abandoned theirs.

Next game will either be Shining in the Darkness or Brigandine.

lightbane

Arcane
I vote for Shining in the Darkness, I read a bit about Brigandine and it seems awesome, I would like to (try) do a lp about it some day.

Damned Registrations

We could probably both do LPs of Brigandine honestly. There's more than enough content in the quests and stories for two separate runthroughs without much/any overlap. I'm leaning towards Shining in the Darkness though, simply because it'd be much easier, and I've never actually finished it.

Damned Registrations

I suppose it's too much to ask for, getting this to a new page before I dump hundreds more images onto it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom