Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bad News: Chaos Chronicles development on hold due to legal trouble with bitComposer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: bitComposer; Chaos Chronicles; Coreplay

Shortly after they opened their official forums on the Codex, the Chaos Chronicles team went silent and stopped posting development updates. At first it seemed like everything was business as usual, but earlier this month, project lead Peter "HobGoblin42" Ohlmann revealed that something was indeed amiss. Yesterday, he finally dropped the bomb - publisher issues:

I don't want to keep you guys from writing those excellent fiction, but the current unsettled situation with Chaos Chronicles is solely based on a conflict between us and bitcomposer. At the current state the completion and release of the game is uncertain since our last attempt to find some agreement failed due the disappointment that we haven't heard back from bitcomposer after holding a long (and constructive) meeting.​

Obviously, the game won't be released in this summer because bitcomposer stopped the development earlier this year through an legal injunction(which has been recalled later). The next few weeks will finally decide if the game will see the day of light or not.​

Terrible news. Let this serve as a reminder as to why we need Kickstarter.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
:rpgcodex:
bitComposer's motto should be "On a mission to eradicate fun."

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Fuck, I was waiting for this game.

It would be nice to know more about his problem with BitComposer, but seeing as it is probably a legal matter we will never know all the details.

Jashiin

Arcane
Ow we know the details, shitcomposer burned money fucking up JA BIA, then when the devs could prove then CAN make a great TB game, they ran out of funds and pulled the plug. Fuck these guys to hell. :x

likaq

Arcane
Publishers are horrible creatures. Developers should avoid them like a plague and whenever they can.

In before skyway and his ' publishers are awesome' mantra.

getter77

Augur
I truly hope more light gets shined on this in the coming weeks---such a promising game winding up scrapped after so much talent has already been spent making it would constitute a tremendous waste of ambition.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In before bitComposer sued Coreplay for associating themselves too closely with the RPG Codex. :troll:

Severian Silk

I used to be a game developer like you, but then I took a publisher in the knee.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom