Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bad TOR news for Biowhores

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
you do know this is in no way news? we already had a thread about the "there is no gay in star wars" stuff.

Black

Arcane
y80Rc.jpg

q_q

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
WHY ROMANCE AN IMAGINARY GAME NPC WHEN YOU ROLEPLAY BEING GAY WITH ANOTHER PERSON INSTEAD

MY CHARACTER MY CHOICE

Angthoron

Arcane
BRO YOU FORGET

EA: IF ITS IN THE GAME ITS IN THE GAME

SO BRO IF I CAN BE GAY IN THE GAME I WANT IT TO BE IN THE GAME OKAY

Angthoron

Arcane
Black said:

[Epic Dildo of the Whale]

btw bros look he has another one wrapped around his waist

its what you call a utility belt amirite. :smug:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It's more likely because of the Teen rating. You don't even have sex scenes, the screen just fades. Bioware is regressing!!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I always thought that Kath Soucie and Jennifer Hale could make a mint on the side by having incognito phone sex as the characters they played.

Rhalle

Magister
Jools said:
So, is this EA/Lucasarts' way of trolling Bioware?

Nah, it's that EA fears parents with money enough that they don't want to be seen promoting 'gay marriages' in their games.

And the horrible truth is that disallowing implicit MMORPG puppet sodomy is likely the first real bone of contention between Biowhore and their EA masters.

(Yes, I used "bone of contention" on purpose.)

Angthoron

Arcane
Rhalle said:
Jools said:
So, is this EA/Lucasarts' way of trolling Bioware?

Nah, it's that EA fears parents with money enough that they don't want to be seen promoting 'gay marriages' in their games.

And the horrible truth is that disallowing implicit MMORPG puppet sodomy is likely the first real bone of contention between Biowhore and their EA masters.

(Yes, I used "bone of contention" on purpose.)

Yeah, this, basically. I'd imagine tOR to be as child-friendly as possible, with little mention of same-sex romance, but with magnitudes of Ken and Barbie dolls slashing at each others with phallic items while rolling for initiative in dialogues with the creepy uncle yo-duh.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Official statement follows:
Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.
read: you can totally have hot lesbian action involving hale's voice in the form of paid dlc.

Angthoron

Arcane
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahaAaaaaaaAHAHAhahahahahahahahaahahahah oh my fucking god what the hahahahahahahaahahahahahah that's just fucking mindblowing.

:salute: ea
:salute: bioware
:salute: sanity loss

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Focus of expansion sets in other MMOs: More pve and pvp content

Focus of expansion sets in TOR: Homosex romance

Only Bioware...

Angthoron

Arcane
The parodied "joke" is even weaker, but meh, I agree. Still, it's what it is, you're supposed to "romance" a bunch of goddamned puppets in a game where you could get it off to a player-controlled lesbian twi'lek or whatever the hell those things are called.

I mean come on, how much lower and more desparate can you get.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Angthoron said:
I mean come on, how much lower and more desparate can you get.
it all depends on why you play to begin with and what relationship you have with your toon.
if you're one of the people thinking the toon is "the awesome you" in your dream universe that life was unjust enough to prevent you from getting born in, that's already fucking low and some npc romance is not going to change that.
if you're one of the people for whom the toon is just part of the interface, same gender romance just adds some lulz that makes the grindy boring parts more endurable.

plus there's the lulz from the "i'm no homophobe, i just don't want to have to see any hint whatsoever of icky gay stuff in the game" tards over in the official thread.

Angthoron

Arcane
Could be amusing to start a butthurt drama thread about how someone doesn't want to pay extra "just because" they're gay. The lulz and butthurt potential of that is pretty good.

Not gonna do that though because fuck that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom