Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bael Fire - indie dungeon crawler

Crassus

IC Games
Developer
hi everyone, my name is Rafael Barioni.

I'm an indie developer, I'm creating a dungeoncrawl style game that has a playable demo, how about I'll take a look?
I'll leave the link and a video.
thanks, I await feedback

site: BaelFire

45309852_303285040279206_8176389242088325120_n.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Why is it not TB? Why force the player to quickly mash attack buttons without thinking when the entire game is basically tailor suited for TB?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
A blobber should have a party size of at least 4, but otherwise judging by the screenshots on your website this game is a direct Dungeon Master-like, so I can only wish you the best of luck!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Why is it not TB? Why force the player to quickly mash attack buttons without thinking when the entire game is basically tailor suited for TB?
TB? explain better plz

TB is shorthand for turn-based, basically there are two major types of these dungeon crawlers, the Dungeon Master-likes (which is what yours seems to be) and the Wizardry-like, and most western indie-developers go for the DM-likes, probably because of Legend of Grimrock and the fact these developers usually don't know much beyond that about dungeon crawlers

And the more of these come out, the less a certain audience on the codex here wants to see of them, mostly because they are somewhat generic, the combat is mostly shit and we rather see a good Wizardry-like than another DM-clone

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Oh look another real time "blobber" game using the Grimrock wall textures...

Is it really so hard to find wall textures that look different?

Last edited:

Crassus

IC Games
Developer
Thanks for the feedback guys, new updates coming soon

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom