Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Baldur's Gate #BaldurGate: Siege of Dragonspear

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Infinitron, Mar 31, 2016.

1. an Administrator Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
    You just hate this game because of SJW AGENDA! or gameplay mechanics are shit too?!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    Too late now, the edits locked.

I try my best to trim them right that sometimes slips up. Looks like the quick reply keeps old replies around that then get those quotes added to the top, so when i trim everything but the first named quote the name gets mixed up, it's very annoying having to pay attention to it, I almost did the same thing to the quote below this.

And they're pretty fucking freshing to watch because of that.

Caught Transformers on a retro cartoon channel years ago and was surprised to see this episode: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808826/?ref_=ttep_ep15

The story would have went in the complete opposite direction today, which was the Autobots flatly telling the pacifists some fights need to be fought because some enemies are unreasonable and will kill you if you don't resist with violence.

^ Top  
  3. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umayyad_Caliphate

^ Top  
  4. Celerity Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit. Village Idiot Possibly Retarded

Celerity
    It's a lot more than one, dumbfucks. You keep bouncing between me/carl/sjw bullshit/gg bullshit/the actual game. It's great. Far more entertaining than the game itself. The original of course, not the bastarded revision.

^ Top  
  5. CptMace Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    It's like this moment at the end of the movie, when the hero finally comes back home after trying so fucking hard.
    I'm glad you guys finally remotely mentioned celerity, he was suffocating for the last few pages out of the total lack of attention.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    Could have miscegenation supernaturally weaken and threaten to destroy elves, giving them an existential reason to react violently to it.

Those weren't sailors talking, just those they transported.

Sailors intuitively learned more than others that being clean kept disease away even if they still thought it tied to smells, which is why they were so obsessive cleaning decks.

That, plus it's hard to not stay clean when you spend every waking moment on deck working in whatever the weather sends your way, sun or rain.

Who?

:lol:

^ Top  
  7. Celerity Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit. Village Idiot Possibly Retarded

Celerity
    Lack of attention? I get plenty of it, then come here and see the rage, which I point and laugh at before continuing on my way. And then I come back and there is more, and back again and there is more still. It's fantastic. I will have you fucks raging for years, mark my words.

^ Top  
  8. GarfunkeL Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    It's funny how Beastro started out with "it's not that, it's this"-claim and then proceeded to rant and rave for a dozen posts, mostly utterly non-related and complete bullshit as well, proving that Gay-Luc and co were absolutely right: that for some folks, it's not about bugs or poor writing, it absolutely is about crusading an ideology. Going 100% Lyric Suite is just as damaging and retarded as going 100% clueless SJW.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    Both sides are focusing on that degree of the writing and often in mangled ways. Everyone's focusing on that angle too because it's the only interesting one to attack/defend. Being a buggy mess or shit writing isn't amusing unless it's really, really bad.

^ Top  
  10. Cassidy Arcane

Cassidy
    It's a clearly inferior "fanfic" grade expansion of an already overrated old RTwP Bioware CRPG with such great and important new features like a Story Mode, worse writing, higher linearity, worse graphics, incompatibility with most mods, etc. What's left to do besides enjoying the drama caused by the delusional and retarded SJW agenda being pushed by it and the attempt to throw the original one down the memory hole?

• Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  11. pippin Guest

pippin
    That much is already known, but we're already in the "deadline" of the game. It's safe to say it was a failure from a sales perspective, esp. considering these guys wanted to get a 1:1 buying potential. I'd be very surprised if they have sold more than 5000 copies overall. That's the only tangible truth in the end, the only one that really matters. I just want to see Beamdog burn now.

^ Top  
  12. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It depends on what you mean by "overrated" tbh, since everyone is saying that it isn't all that great.

It only matters to them, in the end what TRULY matters is our perception and evaluation of it, it can actually change how other writers approach writing in this industry.

^ Top  
  13. PhantasmaNL Arcane Patron

PhantasmaNL
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
    Im guessing they sold more than 5k, perhaps due to sjw campaigning (Anita was too busy with her own scam though) or perhaps thanks to fans who somehow can look past the sermons.

As long as there is a clear signal that blatant sjw corrupted shit doesnt sell (well), it would be a result, i dont wish bankruptcy or unemployment on anyone (well, maybe Amber). The real test will be Ghostbusters, if that tanks it would be 1-0.

Also i read somewhere that wotc issued their token statement supporting the narrative that all this controversy over one npc with 4 lines is bad and beamdog have their full support (just as n-space i suspect).

^ Top  
  14. Art Vandelay Prophet

Art Vandelay

It's all relative,wise man once said. Bg writing, story and plot,while not as good as PST for example ,is still top tier compared to this beamdog shit.Those fucks are ILLITERATE, thats the fucking problem with their stupid shit game.Do you understand? You agenda pushing,stupid piece of shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Top SoD achievement rate is now 0.6% of BG:EE players. That translates to at least ~2500 Siege of Dragonspear owners on Steam.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    That modern progressive audience sure brings in the dough.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    At least 3000 according to my calculation.

500.000 * 0,006 = 3000

^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah, I go by "players" rather than "owners". I'm not sure if that's actually how it works, tbh.

^ Top  
  19. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    So this makes it a massive 40K dollar success?

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  20. Zorba the Hutt Arcane Weasel

Zorba the Hutt
    Makes one wonder how soon it will go on sale. On the other hand, this was Trent's view on BG2EE pricing on mobile, when they didn't even make the base game in question, so can only imagine his thoughts now

^ Top  
  21. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It's been on the "popular" list on GOG for a while now, but since GOG doesn't share sales figures (I think) we can't know how it's doing there.

^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Zorba the Hutt It's funny how for people who really hate Beamdog's content, the mobile versions of the Enhanced Editions are actually superior since some of their companions aren't in the game until you buy them.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  23. ZagorTeNej Arcane

ZagorTeNej
    Who's Carl? That crazy Planescape Torment and Daggerfall fanboy?

^ Top  
  24. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Yes, and it's not unsolicited. You choose the flirty options, you get flirted with.

Eh, Tales of the Sword Coast had the first Bioware romance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  25. Mareus Magister

Mareus
    Well, the SJW disease seems to be spreading.

I posted a Metacritic review giving the game originally a score 5/10 - which I think was more than fair considering all the controversy, bugs, writing quality, etc. I even recommended the game - as long as you don't mind "in your face" political agenda! Then my Metacritic review was deleted! Same day I was banned from Beamdog's forums under false accusation of spreading hatred and trans-misogyny. I also found a few articles misrepresenting valid critcism as hatred towards transexuals by Jim Sterling, Gawker and the usual suspects! So I wrote another Metacritic review - lowering the score from 5/10 to 0/10 due to crappy treatment from the developer and them trying to censor people ALL OVER THE FUCKING INTERNET! Developer's treatment of their customers is a valid point to consider when buying a game, for fuck's sake!

[​IMG]

Now I find out that not only has Metacritic removed my review again, but what is worse, they have removed all my Metacritic reviews and banned me from commenting ever again! This here is a blatant attack on freedom of speech! SJWs have been trying to censor internet for years now and luckily the constitution does not allow for it! However, they are now getting into private companies and are censoring content on completely unfounded accusations! If a small company such as Beamdog can influence Metacritic to do such a thing, it won't be long before every gaming company starts using SJW as an excuse to censor dissenting opinion. If anyone knows any big Youtuber who is willing to talk about this, please let him know of what is happening!

NOW I AM REALLY PISSED!

• Brofist Brofist x 27
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.