Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition : Vanilla Or Modded?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Always play the originals, not the EEs.

Beamdog injected 20,000 bugs into BG over 5 years. Bugs the original never had. Indeed, EE pathfinding and playing field are currently broken. Entire games are made from scratch in half the time it takes Beamdog to patch a game.

Their energetic PR spambots call five years of fixing what they broke "dedication", but micro-updating is essentially an excuse to spam.

There are long-time EE fans on Beamdog forum saying in 2020 they want to go back to the originals.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Appreciate what is done in the game originally and then you can know what kind of mod you are looking for.

What mods to make a D&D game more D&D like? Not only BG2, my first run of NWN2 was a nightmare. I fell complete useless and spended more time playing as my party members than my MC which was most of the time on ground "dying", spell fixes made the game exponentially better and i had fun on my second run. I don't see any problem with mods aiming for that being used on the first run. BG is different. The game is amazing even without mods.

There are long-time EE fans on Beamdog forum saying in 2020 they want to go back to the originals.

"play the originals" is a good advice but many people don't know how to get the originals. Is not hard on GOG. Click on games than on BG2:EE. Then "more" -> "serial keys" section. EE greatest problem IMO is new awful content like Hexxcat... Talking about her, there are any mod which adds Blood Drain/Children of the Night, Domination and other vampire stuff to the PC?

Beamdog could spend less time making new unwanted content and more time porting older games to IE or even better. Making games which is impossible to play nowdays like Dark Sun Online : Crimson Sands works with all mmo aspects on Infinity Engine and turn based combat... I would pay a sub fee to play a decent mmo with no stat sticky gear, cooldowns, flamboyant/carnavalesque armor and other modern BS. You even roll stats on character creation.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Beamdog could spend less time making new unwanted content and more time porting older games to IE or even better.

They broke a core promise by adandoning the render rewite for NWN:EE. Many people bought the EE because they were looking forward to that.

Darkness Over Daggerford EE was good (I promoted it), but Tyrants of the Moonsea wasn't so good (but I still promoted it). Dreams of Furiae was made by SJWs, so I'll ignore its existence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom