Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 20th Anniversary Feature at PC Gamer

Cael

Arcane
The game’s cast of non-player companions—many of whom, in a relative rarity for the era, were convincingly voiced—was a diverse group. Three of the five core party members were women (one of whom was voiced by the prolific Jennifer Hale), and some story lines touch on sensitive subjects; when the protagonist encounters Viconia DeVir, for instance, she’s being persecuted because she’s a drow, or dark-skinned elf.

:npc:
So, this guy is telling us that blacks are all as Evil and depraved as the drow?

Nice own goal there, dumbass.

Yeah, Blacks and Drow have nothing in common.

For one thing, Underdark real estate prices don't plummet when the Drow are around.
Lol! That idiot's insistence on drawing such a long bow on the whole drow is persecuted because black nonsense would be a great source of memes if only we cared enough about his vomitous ravings to make the memes.

Codex Year of the Donut
The game’s cast of non-player companions—many of whom, in a relative rarity for the era, were convincingly voiced—was a diverse group. Three of the five core party members were women (one of whom was voiced by the prolific Jennifer Hale), and some story lines touch on sensitive subjects; when the protagonist encounters Viconia DeVir, for instance, she’s being persecuted because she’s a drow, or dark-skinned elf.

So, this guy is telling us that blacks are all as Evil and depraved as the drow?

you expect them to actually understand the setting the game was placed in beyond "all people with dark skin are oppressed"

Cael

Arcane

you expect them to actually understand the setting the game was placed in beyond "all people with dark skin are oppressed"
Not really, but do you expect me to not laugh at them and point out their stupidity when they open their mouths? :D

Cael

Arcane
#DrowLivesMatter

Lolth promotes a religion of peace.
You are a bit late, dude:
Mug
front.png

T-shirt
90583-1511935533328-Gildan-Men-Black-_w97_-front.jpg

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I once challenged an SJW/white knight on the Gamebanshee forums to tell me what the reaction from the writers at Beamdog would be if I asked them to write a dominatrix relationship into SoD for Viconia. Would it be: Hey this guy should be applauded for seing her in such a sexually confident manner! Or: How dare you see her as a such a sex symbol you white, male, mysogynist pig!.
I didn't get an answer.

Morkar Left

This is a thread about crpgs. Here in particular about Baldurs Gate. But you guys turn it into a thread about racism and racial slurs. Fucking autistic retards...

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
So I was reading the changelog from Beamdogs latest EE patch and it seems there is a quest related to Mizhena? I didn't know that there was a quest for that character...is it any good?.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Maybe the agenda-pushing was softer in the 90s than it is now.

Maybe not.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Ok, so in all honesty - reading the various 20 year anniversary retrospectives - that all state BG was the saviour of the western RPG, and the commonly used phrase throughout reviews at the time and ever since: the benchmark from which all future RPGs will be measured. I'll ask a simple question: is there any developer in the industry that you think is capable of making a game today that had the impact BG did when it was released? More importantly: are there any writers left that would be able to write games today as they did in the late 90s?. Without all the the present day politics that we all love so much.

Cael

Arcane
Ok, so in all honesty - reading the various 20 year anniversary retrospectives - that all state BG was the saviour of the western RPG, and the commonly used phrase throughout reviews at the time and ever since: the benchmark from which all future RPGs will be measured. I'll ask a simple question: is there any developer in the industry that you think is capable of making a game today that had the impact BG did when it was released? More importantly: are there any writers left that would be able to write games today as they did in the late 90s?. Without all the the present day politics that we all love so much.
Wrong question. Right question: Are there any writers left who are brave enough to write non-political games knowing that he will be getting attacked and pilloried by the left for being a non-political alt-right?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I think Viconia needs a quest line where she kills all white CIS gendered males in the world and then destroys the patriarchy. Feminism for life!

Cael

Arcane
I think Viconia needs a quest line where she kills all white CIS gendered males in the world and then destroys the patriarchy. Feminism for life!
She did that in her backstory between BG1 and 2. A couple of white CIS redneck males attacked, kidnapped and raped her. She burnt down the house with them in it.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Viconia's romance read like a kid trying to weigh between liking the opposite gender but also hating the concept of cooties.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I don't know where they got the Tyranny-Torment connection. Is it because both are "C&C-centric" games?

Did you play both games ? Tyranny and PS:T ?
Tormented worlds, PC/NPC, Tyranny looks pretty much inspired by PS:T ambient to me, not the same settings but the worlds are built in the same spirit.

Elex

Arbiter
I don't know where they got the Tyranny-Torment connection. Is it because both are "C&C-centric" games?

Did you play both games ? Tyranny and PS:T ?
Tormented worlds, PC/NPC, Tyranny looks pretty much inspired by PS:T ambient to me, not the same settings but the worlds are built in the same spirit.
maybe they are inspired by, but the result is not the same.

Cael

Arcane

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I think you're the one with racial issues, but whatever dude, if you say so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom