Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Scifi is meh. Once projectile weapons enter the equation, it's all the same unless you have LOS considerations. I will probably pick up Colony Ship a year after release if the hype endures. This thread is a huge pity party though.

While BG3 is not going to resemble my beloved franchise, it's still probable to be a good RPG. I'll look forward to PnP rebalancing mods, if critics are to be believed on Larian's tweaks.

Mortmal

Arcane
Colony will not be GOTY. It's a toss up between Starfield and Baldur's Gate III. There are too few codexers that give a crap about Colony Ship.

If Ostranauts will get release this year it will sweep the floor with RPGcodex goty much like neoscavenger did back then. Playing EE version from time to time and it seems like it is really great stuff.
Lot of good things in it, he has the right ideas, but nowhere near full release still.

Delterius

Arcane
Never go into these reveals expecting to see anything that isn't old news for people already playing in Early Access.
are you sure because i'd imagine they are gonna reveal some third subclasses
What classes/sub-classes is bg3 "missing" still?
I dont really follow dnd license these days so am just curious
a third subclass for those who don't have one still. ranger, warlock, sorcerer, and so on.

Skorpion

Educated
Alright so a decent bit to add to the class/subclass systems. Thanks for the info.
Will be curious what if anything else they share on the 11th or whatever, I imagine the media-hypetrain will really get rolling non-stop from there until release.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Gortash seems to be the act 2 villain, just like Ketheric is the act 1 villain, we'll probably meet him in the city of Baldur's Gate itself. Our true enemy is yet to reveal himself.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Skorpion

Educated
Supposedly they are both two (of the three) "heralds" of the Absolute, which is the self-proclaimed god (and arguably final megavillain) that started this tadpole pandemic bullshit.
Is the third one Pfizer? Please say its so!
Sinovac
And now, you face the Absolute! It is I, Woohan'phlu! Mwahahahahaaaa!!
Oh I was guessing the final boss would be the w.h.o. :smug:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Is the third one Pfizer? Please say its so!
I have no idea and frankly I can't really say I give a shit, either.

I have complete disinterest about anything character or story-related and I'm mostly interested in how the game may turn out mechanically.
If you are looking for good game mechanics you are looking at the wrong game. This is D&D 5th edition bro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom