Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Studios - now available on Early Access - coming August

BruceVC

Magister
This has already been discussed to death. Romance in itself is not a problem, but it should serve the plot and setting, not the other way around, and having interspecies sex-orgies as a selling point is just pure cringe.
Many topics on gaming forums like Codex get discussed to death yet we still discuss them because they still relevant and interesting

So its normal to discuss many of the same topics :cool:

Sarathiour

Cipher
I don't mind either, but I'm pretty sure I already gave you this answers about romance earlier this month, in this thread or another.

Do you guys really want the people in charge of making the sex scenes to be doing the quests and programming?

As far as I understand, they are animator who are only doing what they have been paid for. Fire the one who came up with ogre sex in the first place.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Fair enough, haven't played the game so far, so only take my position as a criticism of their marketing strategy.

BruceVC

Magister
Sex scenes would be a lot more accepted if it included, say, raping defeated enemies. Ogres would be the most popular race then!
Wow, okay so you into necrophilia. Its not for me but I dont like to judge peoples sexual preferences in games ;)

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
Do you guys really want the people in charge of making the sex scenes to be doing the quests and programming?
NOT having anyone in charge of making sex scenes in the first place would be ideal. Or is that a figure required by Belgian law?

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
I have never understood all this outrage and hysteria to optional Romance in RPG

Why would you care about LGBT or straight Romance if its optional? Unless games like BG3 are forcing you to participate in the Romance arcs?
Time and effort spent on it is better spent on other things- optimizing, gameplay, quest design et cetera.
Instead we get this.
Fair enough
why tho

this game is gonna be in development for another 97 years

nothing would be able to save it if it's still not done by release

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Time and effort spent on it is better spent on other things- optimizing, gameplay, quest design et cetera.
Instead we get this.
The patch notes go on forever, and they do include optimizing etc. The issue is that Infinitron posted the patch notes that came onto Steam, and Steam has a character limit, so when he pasted things here, you didn't see the whole picture.
That being said I do agree that romances are getting a bit too much attention in general these days.

frajaq

Erudite
Does anyone knows:
1)How many Acts are there gonna be in this game?
2)How many are playable in the current state?

This game perma-status as EA confuses me by how ahead or how behind things are with a finalized version of it

There are 3 Acts planned for the game.

In the current Early Access, only parts of Act 1 (and not all of it) is playable. I'd estimate 70%- 80% of Act 1 is in the game so far.

jesus christ

Peachcurl

Cipher
Does anyone knows:

This game perma-status as EA confuses me by how ahead or how behind things are with a finalized version of it

In the current Early Access, only parts of Act 1 (and not all of it) is playable. I'd estimate 70%- 80% of Act 1 is in the game so far.

jesus christ
don't think he'll be in

Delterius

Arcane
Does anyone knows:

jesus christ
don't think he'll be in
all things are possible with svens timetable (eternity)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom