Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Studios - now available on Early Access - coming August

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It is dead till someone makes an 3.5E or at least 3.5E spell mod for this game. Is like NWN2, is unplayable without spell fixes mod.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thinking organically, they must be fixing the issues they experienced after the testing they had in August. They did have those NDA-ridden tests back then. I would think it takes 1 month to implement any changes, and another month to make sure they're bug free.

Just pointing out that this thread eventually has a moment where some people call this game dead, only to then see a major update.

We need to chill.

Codex Year of the Donut
it was supposed to be out this year and it -- one of the few times it's actually true -- isn't their fault. idk why I have to point this out again
larian losing their #2 studio at the start of the Great Slavic Butthurt War when they couldn't pay their employees anymore due to financial shit hurt them far more

Longes

Augur
do they plan to introduce more patrons to warlock?
Assuming they deliver on "everything PHB" promise, we are missing on the Archfey, and the Great Old One having any actual features.

Next update are the cringe-barians anyway.
You force me to unleash ERYFKRAD upon you.
Barbarians and Paladins are bros, at least he isn't a casterfag.
Sorry chief. I am. I'm a gish supremacist. There's nothing better in life than Warlock with a Greatsword casting Darkness and smacking everyone within it.

Delterius

Arcane
Assuming they deliver on "everything PHB" promise, we are missing on the Archfey, and the Great Old One having any actual features.
so those are the three PHB options, demon - archfey - squid? interesting contrast

kinda wanna play a warlock but i got the feeling this will be like playing a shaman in shadowrun. the companion will get custom tailored content and you're his npc.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Or they could homebrew the Eldritch Tentacle Barrel.

Jokes aside, DDO Warlock initially had only the Fey, GOO and Fiend. But they added Celestial, Abyssal and Carceri Storm warlock. Outside of PHB, I wanna see the Fathomless pact and hope that they will include something similar in a DLC >> http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/warlock:fathomless

But before I play BG3, I will wait till someone makes an spell fixes which makes the spells more akin to 3.5E

the companion will get custom tailored content and you're his npc.

Yep. I think that Wyll will get 99% of the WLK story content.

So far, my favorite class in this types of RPGs is the Pact Wizard(Winter) from PF:KM + Call of the Wild.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Slaver1

Savant

Larian achieves Le Humor, placating 95% of Early Access paypigs for the next 6-12 months while remaining remnants of Fourth Wall tumble into the ocean.

nintendo-switch-gif.26336

Codex Year of the Donut

Slaver1

Savant

Larian achieves Le Humor, placating 95% of Early Access paypigs for the next 6-12 months while remaining remnants of Fourth Wall tumble into the ocean.

nintendo-switch-gif.26336

that's just standard voice acting for monster/animal noises and shit, what are you on about?

Every time there's an animal or ambient sound ingame we now know it's a funny guy in the studio making noises, destroying immersion.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What are warlocks like in 5e? I see they have some spell like abilities. Do they just use their eldritch blast and those?

They have very limited spell selection. If you played ad&d in a setting where getting an single spell scroll is extremely rare, magic users in ad&d are akin to wlk in 5e in spell variety. Their spell list is extremely limited and most offensive spells comes from the patron spells. So an fay wlk cant cast fireball, but an fiend wlk can.

Their greatest advantage is that they regain spells up to 5th tier in short rest. And since 5e has hp bloat and nerfed enemy abilities, almost no one plays pas lv 11 so you can expect all spells back in short rest.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom