Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lycra Suit

Prophet
Possibly Retarded
Haven't touched this game yet. Does it bear any resemblance to the originals? Or is it DivOS 3 with Baldur's Gate memes?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Shit, every game now takes 5+ years to make, and another 2 to fine tune and debug, so you can actually play it.

When I started my gaym career as a wee lad, a great RPG like EoB came out, then a sequel came out the same year and another one the next year.

Guise I'm over 40 now, I don't have that much time left now, it's a few more sequels of my favourite games and I'm gone.

:dead:
You need to stay healthy, try exercising and take care of your diet.

turkishronin

Arcane
Shit, every game now takes 5+ years to make, and another 2 to fine tune and debug, so you can actually play it.

When I started my gaym career as a wee lad, a great RPG like EoB came out, then a sequel came out the same year and another one the next year.

Guise I'm over 40 now, I don't have that much time left now, it's a few more sequels of my favourite games and I'm gone.

:dead:
It will be shit once it comes out why would you wait for disappointment in the first place.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Haven't touched this game yet. Does it bear any resemblance to the originals? Or is it DivOS 3 with Baldur's Gate memes?
The first update they did was to reduce the influence of fire on the ground, so literally the very first thing they did was differentiating it from DOS.
Also with the stats, minor actions, attack rolls, line of sight, grappling, etc, it plays significantly differently. But it is very much a 3D battlefield, so that's unlike the old games.

It will be shit once it comes out why would you wait for disappointment in the first place.
It actually looks, sounds and plays great.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
do people really think this will fail? the only question is if it'll sell more than dos 2, and i really think it will
BG3 is going to be a huge success both in sales and overall gamer feedback

Possible contender for " greatest RPG of all time "?
Of course, game isn't even officialy out yet but it's already a commercial success.

Quote me on this: BG3 will be for Larian what The Witcher 3 was for CD projekt Red. The big breakthrough game loved by all.

BruceVC

Magister
do people really think this will fail? the only question is if it'll sell more than dos 2, and i really think it will

Of course, game isn't even officialy out yet but it's already a commercial success.

Quote me on this: BG3 will be for Larian what The Witcher 3 was for CD projekt Red. The big breakthrough game loved by all.
I can accept that some people dont and wont like BG3 but thats not the measurement of success. Thats just peoples views and they entitled to it. But what matters is the overall opinions of the fun factor of BG3 and Im confidant it will be mostly positive and the game will be well received and appreciated :cool:

...And like The Witcher 3, it will probably be the studio's last hurrah.

BruceVC

Magister

...And like The Witcher 3, it will probably be the studio's last hurrah.
I dont think thats fair, W4 is coming out and other games that CDPR is working on. W4 could capture the magic of W3 after the problems with Cyb2077?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I think it will sell a lot because:
  1. there's no competition
  2. games in general are so bad that people are desperate to play anything
  3. it is likely to get DoS2 sales plus a bunch more Baldurs Gate fans
  4. I think if your budget is big enough, these days you can manufacture success. Huge marketing budget and the fact that the internet is one big shopping mall now that will shove BALDURS GATE 3 OMGGG!!! in everyones face for months before release. Every gaming website will have full screen ads for it, and glowing reviews, it will be in general mens magazines/websites GQ etc, news websites will do stories on it, etc.. You can just buy all that shit now.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
  4. I think if your budget is big enough, these days you can manufacture success. Huge marketing budget and the fact that the internet is one big shopping mall now that will shove BALDURS GATE 3 OMGGG!!! in everyones face for months before release. Every gaming website will have full screen ads for it, and glowing reviews, it will be in general mens magazines/websites GQ etc, news websites will do stories on it, etc.. You can just buy all that shit now.
You will buy my game and you will be happy.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
You will buy my game and you will be happy.
Two unrelated things

turkishronin

Arcane
Maybe that would be true if you couldn't already buy part of the game. (Most people don't play RPGs longer than that)

Sykar

Arcane

I can accept that some people dont and wont like BG3 but thats not the measurement of success. Thats just peoples views and they entitled to it. But what matters is the overall opinions of the fun factor of BG3 and Im confidant it will be mostly positive and the game will be well received and appreciated :cool:
Oh yes, I am sure the codex will give it glowing reviews.
:fallout3:
:evilcodex:

The modding community has been working hard, fixing the myriad of problems present in BG3, one trigger at a time ->

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/415

Ethel is a hag witch, and therefore it's extra uncomfortable for her to have such a caricature-like nose that has both historically and contemporarily been used in antisemitic cartoons and propaganda. You can read about this here. So I changed her nose to look more like how it looks when she's in her human form...

This fine mod even has it's first user suggestion, posted by some intellectual giant (or 4D chess level troll) in the comments section ->

The beady eyes still make it look uncomfortably jewish to me. Can you make the eyes larger? Also I think jewish peaople may have been depicted with pointy ears in n*zi propaganda.

So, I guess juice look like hideous green hags and the fix is to make the green hags look less like juice? That fix is just wrong... I think larian should mocap some juice having sex, preferably SBF & Caroline Ellison, for the invariable green hag love scenes. Oh and they better not skip on the kvetching and dry heaving.

-UPDATE-

The mod was deleted from the nexus in under 36 hours... Damn, looked like a gold mine!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/6761625488929314735
Hotfix #31 Now Live!
Version Number: 4.1.1.2122596

Hello everyone,

We’re entering 2023 with a new hotfix for you, taking care of several crashes, bugs, and more!

We’ve heard of tough crowds, but we think our NPCs may have taken things a little too far. Previously, if you played an instrument badly in front of them you gained the permanent cold shoulder. While this might sound like a cool pauldron, it just means they would ignore you for the rest of the game. We’ve explained stage etiquette to everyone and they should be a little more forgiving of your instrumental ineptitude. Also, Shadowheart now remembers where her artefact is.

As ever, thank you to everyone who took the time to report these issues to us.

CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when carrying out an action immediately after having prepared another one.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when loading a savegame made after killing Gekh Coal while controlling one of his zombies.
MULTIPLAYER
  • You no longer get stuck in a Long Rest if you agree to go to camp as you enter a dialogue.
  • You can no longer interact with nearby objects while listening in on another player's dialogue.
GAMEPLAY
  • Playing an instrument badly in front of NPCs no longer makes them refuse to speak to you ever again.
  • Fixed projectiles looking like they materialise out of thin air when you shoot them.
  • Fixed several issues with how Dror Ragzlin and his lackeys react to crimes and other questionable business.
  • Rebalanced the Spider Companion's Entomb action to be a little weaker.
CINEMATICS
  • Fixed Shadowheart walking in the wrong direction to get the artefact from her pod on the nautiloid.
  • Fixed the background and animations for the paladins when interacting with the hag's talking door.
UI
  • Fixed several characters' portraits - including Krolla's, which showed off her hip instead of her face.
  • Fixed the placeholder icon for the Poor Performance condition.
ENGINE
  • Fixed screenshot previews not uploading to Steam Cloud, which resulted in missing savegame images when syncing on a new PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom