Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

50cent-lol.gif

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3640633392760507300

Now streaming on Geforce NOW

It’s time to take the party to the cloud. We’re excited to announce that Baldur’s Gate 3 is now available to stream via GeForce NOW! Experience Baldur’s Gate 3 on underpowered PCs and more with a GeForce NOW membership. Members will be able to adventure, loot, battle and romance as they journey through the Forgotten Realms, either alone or with companions.

To find out more about GeForce NOW, please visit Nvidia’s blog and follow the GeForce NOW Twitter channel.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Haven't played this or even looked into it much but is there any chance they are going to remove shoving as a bonus action?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Haven't played this or even looked into it much but is there any chance they are going to remove shoving as a bonus action?
Doubtful since they haven't already. It would make be a significant improvement if they did. If the game is moddable, I'd expect to see someone do exactly that though since it's a fairly common complaint as far as I can tell.

Someone already modded that back in late 2021, shove as a standard action, though not sure if it still works after all the updates -> https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/264

I haven't played in some time, but there are already mods that improve the experience overall or at least add some flavor (IMO) ->

- Expansion adds monk + progression to level 10, plus other enhancements/tweaks = https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/279
- 5E Spells by the same mod author above = https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/125
- ImprovedUI https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/366

My advice, use the Vortex mod manager, it made the whole process really easy -> https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/1

Rhobar121

Scholar
I don't mind shove too much, I'd rather they fix AI and stealth.
Things like Shove are pretty easy to fix with mods (if someone doesn't like it) with AI it's pretty unlikely.

Takamori

Learned
Kinda late for this party but the Paladin Oaths available is just Ancients and Oathbreaker for the retarded edgy teenager fantasy?

Rhobar121

Scholar
Kinda late for this party but the Paladin Oaths available is just Ancients and Oathbreaker for the retarded edgy teenager fantasy?
Devotion is also available.
There is also vengeance in the game but it is not currently available to players.

Takamori

Learned
Devotion is also available.
There is also vengeance in the game but it is not currently available to players.
Well thats a good selection Ancients, Devotion, Vegeance and Oathbreaker. I feared that Larian wanted to skip work and just set two devotions for good guy and bad guy.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Have they even announced a dwarven npc? Last I checked, it was all retartet non dwarves. This is why I'm gonna create my own party. Still idiotic you only get 4 character parties but it us DOS3 so not surprising.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Have they even announced a dwarven npc? Last I checked, it was all retartet non dwarves. This is why I'm gonna create my own party. Still idiotic you only get 4 character parties but it us DOS3 so not surprising.
Dwarves are too cool to be just NPCs bro, come on.

Aarwolf

Learned
Dwarven barbarians would break the system with massive cooolness if they appear. So that's why we'll get another tranny tiefling/dragonborn artificier.

Gromoer

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is there any lore friendly reason for dwarven barbarians to exist? Looks pretty nonsense to me.
Edit: not saying there’s much sense in the current day DnD whatsoever.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
I don't mind shove too much, I'd rather they fix AI and stealth.
Things like Shove are pretty easy to fix with mods (if someone doesn't like it) with AI it's pretty unlikely.
This is much more important. You can solo anything with a rogue by sitting out of range and plinking them with arrows as they wonder around confused until you kill them.

I was able to exterminate the entire goblin party area by doing this, since by the time the fight started half of them were dead and the other half were on the chokepoint bridge that had a bunch of mysteriously relocated barrels.

Same for the spider boss and the 3-4 spiders in the cave with it. I moved back and forth a few feet and shot it until it died and never once entered actual combat.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Is there any lore friendly reason for dwarven barbarians to exist? Looks pretty nonsense to me.
Is there any further lore of mystical element to the barbarian, other than a passion driven warrior?
Seems like barbarian is just to the fighter like the sorcerer is to the wizard (fluff wise, not mechanically), so no reason for dwarf to be disqualified.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there any further lore of mystical element to the barbarian, other than a passion driven warrior?
Seems like barbarian is just to the fighter like the sorcerer is to the wizard (fluff wise, not mechanically), so no reason for dwarf to be disqualified.
I always figured the modern barbarian is the incel with blue balls. i.e. Totally a dwarf who's a stinking drunk who the missus cast out for the last time. It's one of the most dwarfy things there is.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I always figured the modern barbarian is the incel with blue balls. i.e. Totally a dwarf who's a stinking drunk who the missus cast out for the last time. It's one of the most dwarfy things there is.
The way cooler dwarf berserker would be the Warhammer slayer. Maybe broke an oath, so now you have to go die in battle, but you keep surviving for some reason, so you keep getting into fights so you can finally die, fighting reckless and winning.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Northern 'ice' dwarves with a really long name fit the barbarian trope. The battlerager mentioned above is basically a flavor of barbarian as well.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
WHF Dwarf Slayer is unironically my fave dwarf archetype. Something about this crazy ball of muscle with a Mohawk and axes rushing you down gives me a nerdgasm.
Second favorite for me. I think the classic first-time-leaving-the-fort fish out of water dwarf, who doesn't know anything, but is too stubborn to admit or ask help, is the best. And the book of grudges, of course.

Gromoer

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Northern 'ice' dwarves with a really long name fit the barbarian trope. The battlerager mentioned above is basically a flavor of barbarian as well.
Yeah. I kind of got used to think of Faerun barbarians as human northern tribes mostly with the barbarian class being a sum of their specific way of life and upbringing. I am probably not very well informed of different dwarven clans, that may have adopted this lifestyle as well. Either way I tend to think it is important for a class to be consistent with race, hence I don’t very much dig this ‘everybody can be anyone’ stuff.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Either way I tend to think it is important for a class to be consistent with race
Sure, but it's not hard to rationalize appropriately for most classes and races.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom