Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Since people are datamining a lot, any homebrew spell, magical weapons and subclasses? I wanna play as an Barrelmancer!!!

Other question. Did people started to mess with throwing? How far a Barbarian with 20 STR could throw an gnome?

started being positive about the game

Larian did positive changes. The UI improved a lot and the biggest problem of the game seems to be fixed(not sure).

Codex Year of the Donut
It seems like you can’t really have a clean win with internet morons.

There was this thread where the topic “the toilet chain is garbage” came up on its own (without me mentioning first, I swear), we were all happily agreeing it sucks, and suddenly a bunch of nobodies has started to jump out of the woodwork to defend it in a concentration I’ve never witnessed before even in 50 pages of “megathread” on the topic:

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=819347&page=1

This is why we’ll never get good things.
maybe you're just dumb or something idk, I've never had an issue with it

Codex Year of the Donut
damn so stupid that I can use a basic UI control
Why don't you make me a video showing off how skilled you are at "using" these controls?
Do some less-than-basic splitting, moving around, repositioning, etc.

Let me witness first-hand to what degree you can be a fucking retard.
maybe your issue is that you're jacking off while playing? I suggest fapping less

BruceVC

Magister
I have never understood all this outrage and hysteria to optional Romance in RPG

Why would you care about LGBT or straight Romance if its optional? Unless games like BG3 are forcing you to participate in the Romance arcs?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have never understood all this outrage and hysteria to optional Romance in RPG

Why would you care about LGBT or straight Romance if its optional? Unless games like BG3 are forcing you to participate in the Romance arcs?
Time and effort spent on it is better spent on other things- optimizing, gameplay, quest design et cetera.
Instead we get this.

BruceVC

Magister

Time and effort spent on it is better spent on other things- optimizing, gameplay, quest design et cetera.
Instead we get this.
Fair enough, I can understand that frustration because we all are going to have views on how resources should be allocated to a game

I have mentioned this before but BG3 is my most anticipated game of all time so I have been avoiding any serious spoilers and detailed early access feedback. So end of the day I will only really have an opinion on how resources have been used once I have played the game

But I am confidant that Larian wont let me down if I think about how much I enjoyed D:OS2

It just needs to be designed in a similar way to BG2:ToB or I will be disappointed

Sarathiour

Cipher
This has already been discussed to death. Romance in itself is not a problem, but it should serve the plot and setting, not the other way around, and having interspecies sex-orgies as a selling point is just pure cringe.

BruceVC

Magister
This has already been discussed to death. Romance in itself is not a problem, but it should serve the plot and setting, not the other way around, and having interspecies sex-orgies as a selling point is just pure cringe.
Many topics on gaming forums like Codex get discussed to death yet we still discuss them because they still relevant and interesting

So its normal to discuss many of the same topics :cool:

Sarathiour

Cipher
I don't mind either, but I'm pretty sure I already gave you this answers about romance earlier this month, in this thread or another.

Do you guys really want the people in charge of making the sex scenes to be doing the quests and programming?

As far as I understand, they are animator who are only doing what they have been paid for. Fire the one who came up with ogre sex in the first place.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Fair enough, haven't played the game so far, so only take my position as a criticism of their marketing strategy.

Delterius

Arcane

Instead we get this.
Fair enough
why tho

this game is gonna be in development for another 97 years

nothing would be able to save it if it's still not done by release

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Instead we get this.
The patch notes go on forever, and they do include optimizing etc. The issue is that Infinitron posted the patch notes that came onto Steam, and Steam has a character limit, so when he pasted things here, you didn't see the whole picture.
That being said I do agree that romances are getting a bit too much attention in general these days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom