Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

frajaq

Erudite
Does anyone knows:
1)How many Acts are there gonna be in this game?
2)How many are playable in the current state?

This game perma-status as EA confuses me by how ahead or how behind things are with a finalized version of it

There are 3 Acts planned for the game.

In the current Early Access, only parts of Act 1 (and not all of it) is playable. I'd estimate 70%- 80% of Act 1 is in the game so far.

jesus christ

Peachcurl

Cipher
Does anyone knows:

This game perma-status as EA confuses me by how ahead or how behind things are with a finalized version of it

In the current Early Access, only parts of Act 1 (and not all of it) is playable. I'd estimate 70%- 80% of Act 1 is in the game so far.

jesus christ
don't think he'll be in

Delterius

Arcane
Does anyone knows:

jesus christ
don't think he'll be in
all things are possible with svens timetable (eternity)

motherfucker

Educated
No, low level DnD is the best, where you have to be creative with your limited resources instead of relying on nuke spells and OP skills. This is why BG > BG2.
Consequentially, magic gets a lot more exciting. The first taste of magic you get in BG is the hired killer in Friendly Arm, and he will fuck you up if you're not prepared. Mages will keep being a challenge for some time, then you'll get better at fighting them, start going around thinking you're hot shit, then... Daevorn. My point is, in BG mages feel powerful and exciting, precisely because of low power level and overall scarcity, and in BG2 it gets a lot more mundane because it's so much more commonplace

Last edited:

Gradenmayer

Learned
High level 5e is like Original Sin 2 without armor system. Everyone has oneshots, and whoever wins the initiative roll also wins the fight.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Low level DnD is cringe. Has Larian announced any plans for the game to include content past the level 10 cap?
To my knowledge they originally said the level 10 cap was tentative and they haven't really elaborated any further on it since then.

Low level DnD is cringe. Has Larian announced any plans for the game to include content past the level 10 cap?
To my knowledge they originally said the level 10 cap was tentative and they haven't really elaborated any further on it since then.
More specifically, they said "cap wil be level 10" before the EA started, then few months later they said " Nevermind. Turns out we are making far more content that we originally predicted so it will be more".
And THEN they never elaborated any further.

The common guess seems to be something between level 12 and 14, but Larian never went back to the topic once.

Does anyone knows:

This, plus allegedly (at least according to Larian) Act 2 is supposed to be by far the meatiest part of the game and dwarf the other two in size.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Just starting up character creation and I'm already getting slapped with SJW shit. Default human is a nigger with nigger hair and the voice options are arranged so the male voices are odd numbers and female voices are even numbers (meaning you have to listen to a female voice before reaching voice #3.) Ugh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom