Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
600 pages; still no game.

Closer than 5 years ago, though. Cheers, and here's to 600 more.

:swen:
ALL HAIL THE KING OF THE CODEX! BOW DOWN PLEBS!

swen.jpg

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nice try, but I don't own it on GoG. Never have.
i43iZjo.png

That reminds me. I need to buy Chalice 2 again when I get the chance. I hardly use my GoG account unless I want to redownload Ravenloft or read the manuals again.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If anyone lives around Quebec City, Barcelona or Gent, they're looking for playtesters. I've went through the form a bit, and it is on a weekday and everything, but it seems they're having spots between the 25th and the 29th.

You'll have to sign an NDA, so no scooping, but you would be playing Chapters 2 and 3, it seems.

https://larian.com/playtest#faq

Volourn and Ismaul - not sure if you guys live nearby and are interested. I don't live nearby.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice try, but I don't own it on GoG. Never have.
i43iZjo.png

That reminds me. I need to buy Chalice 2 again when I get the chance. I hardly use my GoG account unless I want to redownload Ravenloft or read the manuals again.
Ah, so you have it hidden.

Gargaune

Magister
600 pages
You guys need to learn to stop celebrating pagecounts when Infinitron's online.

So I guess you're playing the GOG version now?
Seriously, though, have you lot just kept replaying the EA through all these patches? I suffered those terrible controls through most of the Underdark once, now I'm just waiting for the release. Eventually. You keep Beta testing every new class or spell Swen adds, you'll be bored out of your skull with the first chapter by the time the game launches.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Seriously, though, have you lot just kept replaying the EA through all these patches?
That's what I've been doing with Colony Ship. It's a great experience cause it feels like the Iron Tower is actually listening to our feedback and acknowledges them. So its all a nice heart warming experience!:love:

I like to do at least one playthrough in each new patch and try to report bugs that I encounter so the devs can fix it.

FriendlyMerchant

600 pages
You guys need to learn to stop celebrating pagecounts when Infinitron's online.

So I guess you're playing the GOG version now?
Seriously, though, have you lot just kept replaying the EA through all these patches? I suffered those terrible controls through most of the Underdark once, now I'm just waiting for the release. Eventually. You keep Beta testing every new class or spell Swen adds, you'll be bored out of your skull with the first chapter by the time the game launches.
I agree. Infinitron should've split this thread at page 50

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Diablo1_reborn x
cool story bro
And I took offense to that. No really:
5UnoeNG.png
You can check my steam account:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116647917

I don't play this game, lmao.

I did believe your story. As I believe in your high grade autism.
You'll be missing out on a good game nevertheless.
I might actually rebuy the game and play it again. I just want to see what stuff they do for monk. It's my favorite class.

BruceVC

Magister
Diablo1_reborn x
cool story bro
5UnoeNG.png

I might actually rebuy the game and play it again. I just want to see what stuff they do for monk. It's my favorite class.
Thats a good approach, I very seldom write off any game. Why deny yourself potential gaming fun because of 1 or 2 bad experiences especially in design or early access phase?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
>why deny yourself potential gaming fun because of 1 or 2 bad experiences especially in design or early access phase?
because i dont want to spend time playing a game only to realize that i hate it. so i have to be careful what i spend my time on. this has happened a couple of times where i waste too many hours on a game then think to myself,"shit the game turned into a bad game after reaching this point, i dont wanna play anymore". baldurs gate 3 still being ea makes me hopeful for its future though.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Diablo1_reborn x
cool story bro
5UnoeNG.png

What made you refund this game anyway? I can understand that people might get pissed because of this game being EA for two years (?) now, but surely you must see that the game has a huge potential of becoming a fantastic RPG.

BruceVC

Magister
>why deny yourself potential gaming fun because of 1 or 2 bad experiences especially in design or early access phase?
because i dont want to spend time playing a game only to realize that i hate it. so i have to be careful what i spend my time on. this has happened a couple of times where i waste too many hours on a game then think to myself,"shit the game turned into a bad game after reaching this point, i dont wanna play anymore". baldurs gate 3 still being ea makes me hopeful for its future though.

I agree with the sentiment about limited time and not spending that time on any game thats bad or boring

I have never been part of early access in any game because I dont want to ruin the excitement of my first play through. And because BG2:ToB is my favorite RPG overall of all time BG3 has become my most anticipated game of all time

And I have been reading some of the criticism and concerns but Im really optimistic its going to be epic for me

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
What made you refund this game anyway?
Cause it feels like a downgrade to Chalice 2. Chalice 2 features:
- Mage Transformations
- Monk; which will soon get reworked to have cool buffs and some class kits
- Good Enemy AI that will challenge you tactically
- Best implementation of DnD ruleset, with modifications by Pierre (some of the modifications are actually great quality of life changes), which adheres to the ruleset as faithfully as it can.
- Module Editor so you can create your own content
- Lots and lots of feats
- level cap beyond 20
- Hand crafted encounters that are made to challenge you and make you think
- Lots of cool classes
- Complete in-game database that is super easy to access and use
- Fluid Hotkey system that makes playing the game feel natural, playing the game feels like water cause of how smooth the experience is
- Pierre is also constantly updating the game while adding new things

Baldur's Gate 3 on the other hand required me to mod my favorite class just so I can enjoy the game. So that's a fail on the game :P

BruceVC

Magister
What made you refund this game anyway?
Cause it feels like a downgrade to Chalice 2. Chalice 2 features:
- Mage Transformations
- Monk; which will soon get reworked to have cool buffs and some class kits
- Good Enemy AI that will challenge you tactically
- Best implementation of DnD ruleset, with modifications by Pierre (some of the modifications are actually great quality of life changes), which adheres to the ruleset as faithfully as it can.
- Module Editor so you can create your own content
- Lots and lots of feats
- level cap beyond 20
- Hand crafted encounters that are made to challenge you and make you think
- Lots of cool classes
- Complete in-game database that is super easy to access and use
- Fluid Hotkey system that makes playing the game feel natural, playing the game feels like water cause of how smooth the experience is
- Pierre is also constantly updating the game while adding new things

Baldur's Gate 3 on the other hand required me to mod my favorite class just so I can enjoy the game. So that's a fail on the game :P
Chalice sounds fun and it looks like it has nice features, I must look into it

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I have never been part of early access in any game because I dont want to ruin the excitement of my first play through. And because BG2:ToB is my favorite RPG overall of all time BG3 has become my most anticipated game of all time

And I have been reading some of the criticism and concerns but Im really optimistic its going to be epic for me
Hey Bruce, how are you? I haven't gotten to talk with you in a while!
I actually didn't know ToB was your favorite.. or perhaps I'd forgotten you mentioning it, but it is one of mine for sure. My girlfriend has been playing BG3 recently with some online friends, they offered her a code or something so she didn't have to pay for it. Unfortunately you know I'm not as open as you are to games and from everything I've seen and that she's explained to me, I find myself increasingly disinterested. I doubt it will change any time soon but hey, my feelings about NWN changed after almost 20 years, maybe I'll feel differently in 2040, if we're still here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom