Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Takamori

Learned
Stadia is shutting down (good fucking riddance, by the way) and the internet is now full of brilliant armchair experts making claims like "It was very shortsighted for Larian to support the platform".

I wonder if they realize that it wasn't a decision made out a kindness toward Google. Larian got a big fucking check to support Stadia. An almost-outrageous amount, in fact, if past rumors are to be trusted.
Kinda funny that they are shutting down before BG3 release, basically fucking free money to Larian.

If anything long sighted to support a trainwreck where you don't even need to deliver the contract.

FriendlyMerchant

I remember when me and my friends would think that Alucard is just a caricature of a real vampire, because he used guns. And now 20 years later he's on a list being considered "a real vampire".

Funny.
I would use guns if I woke up as a vampire in England. You have to defend yourself from those muslim goyim somehow.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stadia is shutting down (good fucking riddance, by the way) and the internet is now full of brilliant armchair experts making claims like "It was very shortsighted for Larian to support the platform".

I wonder if they realize that it wasn't a decision made out a kindness toward Google. Larian got a big fucking check to support Stadia. An almost-outrageous amount, in fact, if past rumors are to be trusted.
Kinda funny that they are shutting down before BG3 release, basically fucking free money to Larian.

If anything long sighted to support a trainwreck where you don't even need to deliver the contract.
They did basically deliver it since the Early Access build is on Stadia:

But yeah.

Codex Year of the Donut
the stadia port was done by the small spanish branch btw

larian losing their #2 studio at the start of the Great Slavic Butthurt War when they couldn't pay their employees anymore due to financial shit hurt them far more
p. sure swen/larian has completely avoided discussing that topic though

Shrimp

Arbiter

larian losing their #2 studio at the start of the Great Slavic Butthurt War when they couldn't pay their employees anymore due to financial shit hurt them far more
Do you know what Larian's Russian studio was responsible for?

Codex Year of the Donut

not specifically beyond them being important

Novice

Huh, didn't even notice it. I see that the St. Petersburg studio is no longer among the open vacancies anymore.

Do you know when this happened?

EDIT: Based on LinkedIn profiles it happened in March.

Based on the recruitment section, St. Petersburg was used for tech requirements the most - cheap dev & QA. I saw some artists/designers in the bunch, though, so maybe it was supposed to be self-sufficient and fit in the whole "24/7 production loop" Swen and Walgrave have been so excited about a few years ago.

Last edited:

BruceVC

Magister
Maybe I should go back to playing some AoD.
it's a decent book but not a good substitute for playing an rpg
You unironically play Fallout 4.
I loved FO4, I spent about 280 hours on it and I played it for the fist time 4 years ago with my new gaming machine, I had an excellent and new video card, an RTX 2080 Ti. And it was also the first time I started using large amounts of mods courtesy of the Nexus website which is undoubtedly my favorite mod website . Can you believe I never really use to mod Bethesda games until then..its true, I was truly lost and confused in those days :M

Anyway due to my mod inexperience, and lack of respect and usage for mods that are lore friendly and dont unbalance the overall combat challenge, I installed some unhelpful mods that in the early parts of the game unbalanced it and undermined unintentionally my entertainment factor, like this mod that allowed these 3 NPC fighters to immediately join me in the beginning and that meant the first battle in the town I didnt have to fight anyone...they did all the fighting for me which was really boring and pointless, even that first Deathclaw

So I dismissed them and then the game was more fun. Then right at the end of the story I installed more mods in the middle of the game, I now had about 220 mods, and that broke the game and causes crashes so I stopped playing it but I was right at the end so I was fine with not completing it

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I would use guns if I woke up as a vampire in England. You have to defend yourself from those muslim goyim somehow.

Just mesmerize them to attack each other or to do crimes and bring profits for you.

Feels like a joke that BG III will take longer to develop than Stadia will be alive.

And that people will play Warhammer Rogue trader before BG3 full release...

----------------------------------

One question. If Larian decides to do a proper sequel to Bhaalspawn saga, how they could teach the zoomer critical role crowd about the events of time of troubles?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
cover3.jpg

Cyberbug 2077 is not bad. It is just not as good as people expected.
Nah, I'd argue that it's genuinely a poorly designed game at its core.
Poor gameplay, bad progression, terrible itemization.

They had a perfectly legitimate template to follow with the Deus Ex games (both the classic and the recent reboot), but they choose to parrot the looter shooter crap instead.

Last edited:

Takamori

Learned
Good core material, really shitty choices on how to do it.
Open world that just serves as a fucking headache to implement quests, forced to implement fetch quests because you don't want to leave the open world souless(But still come out as souless because it lacks interactivity), itemization done by a retard that played way too much diablo 3 and a really coward approach on story telling too much corporate check boxes instead of approaching the themes as cyberpunk.

What save its from being utter shit is the visuals and the core material that even being ignored still ooze through and show it has potential.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I predict this will got released just like DoS1 and 2. Good and detailed start, meh mid game and dissapointing ending.
Then super duper ultra uber enhanced edition 1 year later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom