Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Poor Keighley keeps getting involved in these Larian streams and every time these are so amateurish and cringey the guy doesn't even know where to look.
Codexers are so sad, you all have become bitter and cynical. Having a fun little stream is automatically "cringe" in the eyes of the codex...SAD!

Atleast Larian still knows how to have fun just like the Dorito Pope.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Agreed with Swen. Some peole here seems to HATE fun.

bso1CTZ.png

Novice

Swen lobbying with Geoff to get some Game Awards love once BG3 is out is kinda funny. Little does he know his game will be released in the same year as BOTW2. Much like in 2017, he's fucked.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Larian never uploaded the BG3 Early Access launch trailer to their YouTube channel. The official upload was on Google Stadia's channel and now that Stadia is dead it's been deleted. :facepalm:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I criticized Larian for having epic low level content, with low level archdruids, nekronomicon, spelljammer ships and so on in a lv 1~4 game, but is not only Larian. Seems like most modern games are doing this shit. Recently I played retail wow for few hours and OMG. Is worse than Larian in low level epicness. At lv 10, I have destroyed an entire ogre city and killed a freaking undead dragon. And lv 10 in wow is akin to lv 2 in D&D; I was doing more epic stuff in lv 1~10 of retail wow than in lv 70 in WotLK classic.

FriendlyMerchant

I criticized Larian for having epic low level content, with low level archdruids, nekronomicon, spelljammer ships and so on in a lv 1~4 game, but is not only Larian. Seems like most modern games are doing this shit. Recently I played retail wow for few hours and OMG. Is worse than Larian in low level epicness. At lv 10, I have destroyed an entire ogre city and killed a freaking undead dragon. And lv 10 in wow is akin to lv 2 in D&D; I was doing more epic stuff in lv 1~10 of retail wow than in lv 70 in WotLK classic.
You gotta have that to appeal to zoomers these days.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You gotta have that to appeal to zoomers these days.
When the original meaning of a cultural practice is forgotten, it gets trivialized by subsequent generations. Especially if mass production is involved. For example, the smoking of tobacco used to have ceremonial purposes.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
zoomers these days.

Yep. I forgot to tell that you also get to attend a war council in the tutorial.. This low attention span tiktok gen... In classic wow, you start doing quests like "go kill kobolds and get stuff that they stole", "go investigate that random mine", the unique class with good AoE is the mage and even mages, needs to be about lv 26 to have improved Blizzard + Cone of Cold to be viable for AoE mass killing. BTW, I only played wow(classic) as a Frost Mage and as a Affliction Warlock and saw the ultimate heresy in stormwind city of retail. An Dwarf warlock!!! This makes no sense. Also saw players walking around with high level demons like doomguards. In classic, getting an imp was easy, mid tier demons like voidwalker, succubus and the felhunter, require a very long quest to enslave them. And high level demons could only be temporarily controlled, and eventually would break free, some could only be summoned via large scale rituals which kill one of the involved.

Seems like epic low level gameplay will become more and more common.

And is not only Blizzard and Larian, two AAA companies. Compare the beginning of PF:KM with the beginning of PF:WotR.

"Go kill bandits plaguing my lands and I will make you a Baron" VS "shooting a demon lord at lv 1" .

This epic low level BS where massively criticized when ArcaniA was launched and now is the norm...

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Shut the fuck up about this non-game.

Seriously, this thread has been nothing but
a) Infinishill posting unfunny cringy streams where nothing happens
b) Rusty being butthurt about other games
c) Victor complaining about irrelevant shit in his slavbabble English
ad nauseam

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

So why you don't stop reading this thread? You can ignore this thread or ignore me. But seems like you wanna to complain, so complain but be honest that you only wanna to complain.
That's FM's entire deal. If you make fun of him enough for it, he'll get so butthurt he'll ignore you. He'll keep posting his usual whiny crap though, so YMMV.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

ad nauseam
I've done my best to repeatedly divert each Baldur's Gate 3 thread into discussions of classic Dungeons & Dragons. :M

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

ad nauseam
Non-game so good it's living rent free in the minds of haters 24/7

Big Larian success.

eli

Learned
This could be the next WoW with far superior graphics, instead of some anacronistic mammoth burdened with LGBT subplots and unnecessary dialogues.
So much wasted potential...

Oh well, back to Elder Scrolls Online
:steamhappy:

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
This could be the next WoW with far superior graphics, instead of some anacronistic mammoth burdened with LGBT subplots and unnecessary dialogues.

This isn't an mmo friend. Perhaps you are in the wrong thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

By the time this game releases, wokeshit will have gone out of fashion completely. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom