Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shrimp

Arbiter
I will NEVER understand the people who buy overpriced collectors editions with assorted merchandise like stickers and figurines

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I will NEVER understand the people who buy overpriced collectors editions with assorted merchandise like stickers and figurines
I bought a Geralt figurine, the Dark Horse one with the bear armor. My kid broke Geralt's sword blade 3 times, and I every time I had to mend it with super glue :)

I also bought a Yennefer figurine. My wife cut out and taped a small-sized paper bag out of some paper, and put it over the figurine's head. Jealousy. :lol:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
1670579723335.png

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
:hmmm:

Lmao, niggas having a problem with Jaheira. Old hag just looks even older.
Complaining about the hairstyle? Mofos, after Idle Champions you should be happy they didn't give her a fucking afro!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Do graphic design schools teach people to use this specific color palette for fantasy settings? Why do all of these "liberal" fantasy games look like this now?
Blame French architecture.
Then Italian.
And probaly Austrian for good measure.
I mean the disgusting clash of cyan, dark orange, light blue, green and so on
Nothing to do with fantasy, libs or games.
It's just a popular and overused idea for a color palette in... pretty much everything. Movies especially.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Fargus
For a time, it was believed that any possibility for Bhaal's resurrection had been stopped. The last known Bhaalspawn, Abdel Adrian, resisted the murderous impulses caused by his lineage and became a famed and beloved figure in the city of Baldur's Gate. In the Year of the Narthex Murders, 1482 DR, near the beginning of the era known as the Second Sundering, Viekang, another Bhaalspawn who was thought to be dead, attacked Adrian as he spoke to a crowd in the portion of town known as The Wide. While the ultimate winner of the duel is unknown, the victor transformed into a massive, blood-soaked creature and began a rampage that was only stopped when a group of adventurers new to Baldur's Gate defeated and killed the monstrosity.[21]

With all of his children dead, all of Bhaal's essence was freed, allowing for his resurrection. Bhaal was revived, and reclaimed the murder domain from Cyric.[22] However, the Lord of Murder was no longer a true deity, and was instead a being of quasi-divine status. As with Bane and Myrkul, he was effectively a mortal.[1]
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Bhaal#Avatars

Fargus

Arcane
Fargus
For a time, it was believed that any possibility for Bhaal's resurrection had been stopped. The last known Bhaalspawn, Abdel Adrian, resisted the murderous impulses caused by his lineage and became a famed and beloved figure in the city of Baldur's Gate. In the Year of the Narthex Murders, 1482 DR, near the beginning of the era known as the Second Sundering, Viekang, another Bhaalspawn who was thought to be dead, attacked Adrian as he spoke to a crowd in the portion of town known as The Wide. While the ultimate winner of the duel is unknown, the victor transformed into a massive, blood-soaked creature and began a rampage that was only stopped when a group of adventurers new to Baldur's Gate defeated and killed the monstrosity.[21]

With all of his children dead, all of Bhaal's essence was freed, allowing for his resurrection. Bhaal was revived, and reclaimed the murder domain from Cyric.[22] However, the Lord of Murder was no longer a true deity, and was instead a being of quasi-divine status. As with Bane and Myrkul, he was effectively a mortal.[1]
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Bhaal#Avatars

Interesting. Thanks!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'd call it an ignoble end, but canon Abdel Adrian and the BG novelization are absolute fucking stinking piles of shit so...
They're ideal material for Larian

Fargus

Arcane

wow that was so bad

they put interracial lesbian kissing in the trailer lol

and the part with minsc was just cringe

It would have been full schizo if he started talking with his hamster afterwards to make normie faggots cream themselves ("ohmyfgawd it's Minsc and Boo *faints*"). Otherwise not so bad, just not well made. Animations and camera in that scene remind me of Dragon Age Origins :D

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

wow that was so bad

they put interracial lesbian kissing in the trailer lol

and the part with minsc was just cringe

Yeah, it wasn't great.
It looked like a Dragon Age game to me, oddly enough.
Like, the dialogue scenes look straight out of Dragon Age with the camera work. Seems they're going to have shoddy romance scenes too, heh.

The mimic design looks neat at least. Probably why they put it in the trailer. Completely kills the surprise though.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It looked like a Dragon Age game to me, oddly enough.

No shit mate I called it 3+ years ago

Dumbed down, voice acted postmodern garbage full of cutscenes

Why wait for February 27?

The DAI-like pitiful attempts at cult success leaked years ago. Friendly reminder for whichever sheeple believed Sven Cucke would produce anything remotely memorable....

wgXXRKc.jpg

9LT87LM.jpg

kOCuJU8.jpg

e9JU9Ds.jpg

Dadd

Learned
The entire trailer feels gay for some reason. Just a generalized atmosphere of compromise and gayness pervading the whole video.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Found this gem also from 2019

It's obvious that Swen Cucke is incredibly clumsy in handling intellectual property... expect them to over-expose icons such as Mind Flayers and Minsc in a desperate effort to divert attention from the popamolization of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom