Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

BruceVC

Magister
The Planescape Romance was great but it wasnt a " real " Romance because you didnt end up having physical relationship with Grace which was disappointing
Putting aside the fact that Fall-From-Grace is a succubus who could kill Nameless by just kissing him, romance in video game isn't meaningless just because you didn't get to see it all straight up.

Yea, that's why they're mo-capping sex scenes. To not show them later.
He's talking about Planescape: Torment.
I wonder if sex would Grace would kill the Nameless One because he had a form of immortality ?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But Ravenloft was great with the whole Gothic horror theme.

Barovia is Gothic horror. There are many Dark Lords, each one with his realm of dread where they are rulers and cursed prisoners at the same time... The second game, Stone prophet is set in a Egypt like desert known as Har'Akir. And the Dark Lord, instead of an ancient vampire necromancer, is a mummy cleric.

I will not spoil much but instead of a obsession with a woman, his obsession is with Eternal life and he got it in a very twisted way.

Stone prophet

I just don't get why Woketards decided to outright IGNORE 99% of good D&D settings from 2E and their iconic 3E Eberron and focus only in Sword Coast... But considering how modern RPG are, maybe this is a good thing. I mean, imagine lv 4 Zulkir's with 666 hp in a Baldur's Gate 3 game set in Thay(is Faerun but is a less cliche part of Faerun). Imagine all "problematization" from SJW's if a true Dark Sun crpg comes... I remember when I watched a stream of Dark Sun in 5E, pronouns in character sheet, a lv 1 wizard killing templars and spamming firebolt left and right(note : magic is HATED in athas, you need to be cautious when casting spells), they invented a democratic progrssive city in Athas ruled by a dwarf woman and they got a "sandship" at lv 1.

I wonder if sex would Grace would kill the Nameless One because he had a form of immortality ?

uccubus cn chose to kill or not kill and the nameless one would just "reborn'...

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
The Planescape Romance was great but it wasnt a " real " Romance because you didnt end up having physical relationship with Grace which was disappointing
Putting aside the fact that Fall-From-Grace is a succubus who could kill Nameless by just kissing him, romance in video game isn't meaningless just because you didn't get to see it all straight up.

Yea, that's why they're mo-capping sex scenes. To not show them later.
He's talking about Planescape: Torment.

You can kiss her and die if your character is dumb.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I don't get why so many people care about romances so much.
About the only kind of romance I'd say I liked was Nameless One and Fall-From-Grace. It's not in your face, it doesn't have sex or kissing scenes. It just goes by slowly and you can even miss it. But the ending of the game perfectly showcases it in the form of the following exchange:

"So you have found yourself at last?"
YES. THE PRICE WAS... HIGH. THE COST WAS MANY LIFETIMES, MINE AND OTHERS.
"The price of such a thing is seldom measured in copper. Are you still -"
I AM STILL THE ONE YOU KNOW - BUT MY PERSPECTIVE HAS... CHANGED. I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN YOU, IF THAT IS YOUR FEAR.
"No, that was not my fear."
I CANNOT REMAIN HERE FOR MUCH LONGER. MY PUNISHMENT CALLS, AND FATE AND TIME SHALL SOON BE HERE. I WILL RETURN YOU TO SIGIL, IF YOU WISH.
"That is not my wish. I *will* find you again, no matter where in the Lower Planes you will be - just as you shall be able to find me."
IT MAY BE A LONG TIME. WHERE I AM BOUND, TIME IS NOT MEASURED IN YEARS. AND THE CRIMES I HAVE COMMITTED ARE STRONGER THAN ANY CAGE.
"No cage shall separate us, and no Plane shall divide us. Keep thinking of me, and we shall meet again."
I SHALL NOT FORGET ALL YOU SACRIFICED FOR ME.
"Just do not forget me."
TIME LAYS WASTE TO ALL THINGS. BUT I SHALL FIGHT IT AS LONG AS I CAN.
"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

Holy gay.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I don't get why so many people care about romances so much. It is completely dissociated from the gameplay almost every single case.
Extremely simple. They are horny nerds who get laid once a year. In a lucky year. Don't tell me you think it"s more complicated, cause it's rather simple
I thought they are trannies wrecked by hormone therapy that cannot get laid at all

Sunri

Liturgist
People like romance in rpg because it's more interesting to have romance with sucubus than go on a date with tinder thot why do you even play those games? You want adventure go on a walk you want combat beat some random bum on the street, just don't forget to tell him he needs to wait for his turn to hit you back (TB is superior combat system)

BruceVC

Magister
BG1 straight up kill you if you accept to be kissed by some random thot.
You wont believe this but I havent played BG1 yet. I have only played BG2 and BG2: ToB is my favorite RPG of all time

So who do mean when you mean "random thot"?

Play it instead of trolling you doofus .

She's located of one of the coastal map, pretty easy to find.
Thanks, I wasnt trolling. It was a legitimate question because I had no idea who you were talking about. And you didnt give me too much detail which is perfect so I can discover her myself :salute:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom