Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
posted about it probably hundreds of pages ago, BG3 has insane amounts of reactivity/dev foresight
like when Swen himself was surprised that the bandits acknowledged he snuck into the crypt and came out behind them in his one streaming session

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
posted about it probably hundreds of pages ago, BG3 has insane amounts of reactivity/dev foresight
like when Swen himself was surprised that the bandits acknowledged he snuck into the crypt and came out behind them in his one streaming session

If he would spend only half of the time he is shitposting here on his actual game, he would have known.

Sharpedge

Prophet
They could, after a certain point in the main quest, just apply something akin to the spirit eater curse in motb to the player which progresses the more time they spend without having the thing in their possession. It would probably be easy to come up with a plot reason to do so and at the stage where they do it, they could inform the player of where to go looking for it at that point in time.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
G3 has insane amounts of reactivity/dev foresight

Regardless of all of my critique towards Larian, in "permutations" and "reactivity", nothing beats Larian....

usbandu the magnificent fagmancer Astarion

He and Hexxat are by far the WORST depictions of vampires in a CRPG. If you pick the just the Scholomance part of Dracula story, you can make a huge amazing 50+ hours long campaign, yet modern game devs keep making SHIT vampire characters like Hexxat, Astarion and Rudi. Honestly, I hate Astarion, but compared to Hexxat which can be summarized in "afro lesbian vampire" and Rudi in "woke muslim gay vampire", Astarion is not THAT bad.

Why people wanna see vampires in BG3? Vampires are CR 13 in 5E despite not having anything interesting anymore, they don't have any nasty ability which they had in previous editions. Their immunity from nonmagical weapons is now merely resistance, they healing from negative energy is now merely resistance from necrotic damage, lacks supernatural stats and can't inflict nasty things like negative levels. Mechanic wise, they don't fell like vampires.

Even iconic vampires, they keep ruining. Strahd in 2E was a 16th level necromancer with really nasty high tier magic and that could only be harmed with +3 weapons(and magical weapons are quite rare in Barovia, let alone +3). The Bhaalspawn at end of BG2:SoA/beginning of ToB was around the same power of him. Seems that he become a boring mid level "skirmisher" in 4e that only takes a astronomic amount of time to die due a ridiculous 4e hp bloat and in 5e he is not much better.

Considering Larian design, I would't be surprised if we will meet Astarion master in chapter 2 and he will be an ancient vampire at lv 5 or some retarded shit like that. We already have lv 5 archdruids, why not lv 5 ancient vampires?

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Honestly, I hate Astarion, but compared to Hexxat which can be summarized in "afro lesbian vampire" and Rudi in "woke muslim gay vampire", Astarion is not THAT bad.
Complaining about lesbian vampires is gay ( :smug: ). I also don't see a problem with an african vampire as such, provided there is some form of NOT-Egypt and the location is a major trading hub (which means a lot of people from different regions of the world meet there). Or if a setting is relatively modern (plane travel or action takes place in USA). Rudi is obviously a problem, because his whole character is literally a pretext to push in SJW shit with no real justification, but that's no surprise considering the kind of people who were working on Bloodlines 2 at that time.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I thought that most people beef with hexxat was being an absolute dogshit fanfiction tier character who make stuff like Saerileth look like stellar writing in comparison.

Codex Year of the Donut
I thought that most people beef with hexxat was being an absolute dogshit fanfiction tier character who make stuff like Saerileth look like stellar writing in comparison.
that and she was a clear bait and switch with a white woman which just added onto the "ughhh" factor
most stereotypical 70s-tier blaxploitation movie character you can think of. Literally Bride of Blacula.

Honestly, I hate Astarion, but compared to Hexxat which can be summarized in "afro lesbian vampire" and Rudi in "woke muslim gay vampire", Astarion is not THAT bad.
Complaining about lesbian vampires is gay ( :smug: ). I also don't see a problem with an african vampire as such, provided there is some form of NOT-Egypt and the location is a major trading hub (which means a lot of people from different regions of the world meet there). Or if a setting is relatively modern (plane travel or action takes place in USA). Rudi is obviously a problem, because his whole character is literally a pretext to push in SJW shit with no real justification, but that's no surprise considering the kind of people who were working on Bloodlines 2 at that time.

We wuz vampires and sheeeeeeeit.

Just kidding, all cultures around the world have a vampire or vampire equivalent. A bloodsucking, undead monster that preys at night and is damaged by holy symbols can be found in the Phillipines. An egyptian themed vampire I can buy, what I don't buy is Count Dracula with an Afro.

Hexxat was written all over the place, as a reminder:

>She tortures an adventurer to trick you into getting into a tomb where she is forever bound
>She then proceeds to kill the same adventurer to prove how much of a girlboss she is
>While still being bound and trapped in the tomb, she proceeds to threaten the PC into releasing her unless they kill the guadian of the tomb and release her from her geas
>Then she acts like hot shit and threatens the PC by saying she will do anything at all, and kill anyone in her way
>Then because Beamdog, you welcome her into the party

There's Chaotic Evil and there's retarded Evil, at least Edwin could pretend to be sympathetic or outright lie to the PC to advance his agenda.

Aphex81

Scholar
So my elaborate explanation as to why bg3 is a stinker with several hundered butthurt dnd fan replies got deleted again. Larian mods seem to be bluehaired shemales with a hardon for stalin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom