Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Holy fuck, what is this outfit :lol: I want to play a musician, not a court jester.

fekAIB3.png

Rieser

Scholar
This, plus allegedly (at least according to Larian) Act 2 is supposed to be by far the meatiest part of the game and dwarf the other two in size.
Has there been any mention where it will be set? Like in the actual Baldur's Gate city?
That's where you're headed in the game, with several quests ending with "we'll met again in Baldur's Gate" and such. I'd assume act 2 will be set there.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Holy fuck, what is this outfit :lol: I want to play a musician, not a court jester.

fekAIB3.png

I was hoping since they're going for a renaissance-era style of clothing rather than the middle ages that they would include some more understated, realistic versions of this (which has some of the basic elements already). Something prestigious like a neck ruff and breastplate over striped pantaloons and slashed, paned sleeves. The Witcher had some of that.

But noooo, instead it's ankle booties and a cravat.
rating_prosper.png

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
High level D&D is like Original Sin 2 without armor system. Everyone has oneshots, and whoever wins the initiative roll also wins the fight.
fixed

NO, you guys are both wrong.

High level 5E is exactly the opposite of "everyone has oneshots", Each new spell level once two levels increase the damage of spells by about 3.5 points while each CR that creatures grow up increases their hp by in average 23 points. If you look into Strahd 2E stats, as a 16th level necromancer, he din't had much hit points however, he required +3 weapons to be hit, had contingency, decent AC, lots of undead immunities, great saves and resistances and so on. Exactly the opposite of Strahd in 5E which is extremely weaker than the generic vampire but has a lot of hit points.

The control based spells which many people claim to be OP now require concentration and enemies in this level tends to have legendary resistances, meaning that you need to burn out their legendary resistance before you could affect then with such spells.

This while in 2E, a simple sleep spell could end an low level encounter before it even started. And in 3E, at merely lv 7, you get Phantasmal killer. Your first save or die spell. In mid to high levels, you will get Cloudkill, Flesh to Stone, Disintegrate, Circle of Death, Finger of Death, Wail of the Banshee(...) all of this spells are either heavily nerfed or removed in 5E.

I played a lot of high level PvP in NWN1 and believe on me, was incredible fun.

Low level DnD is cringe.
No, low level DnD is the best, where you have to be creative with your limited resources instead of relying on nuke spells and OP skills. This is why BG > BG2.

BG2 is extremely better than BG1 and is not only due the higher xp cap. You can own your own stronghold, the quests are more interesting, investigating a strange sewer cult, dealing with strange shadows, visit other planes and so on.

The unique problem of high level D&D is that it trivializes iconic monsters.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
off your meds again.

Go play your 4E. I was addressing the point that 3E and 2E where full of "one shots" at high level which is nonsense. There are lots of protections against "one shots" in high level.

A question, did you ever played BG1/2?

How this thread is relevant to the war with Ukraine? Will you spam rate my posts here too since you have no argument? As I've said, you can span rate every single post, this would't change the fact that your ideology being a failed ideology which only produced misery and tyranny in the world and that if that ideology is implemented in your country, you will be the first to flee.

Mojobeard

Augur
Keeps crashing for me in character creation.
And verifying file integrity sends you to the "Why did you uninstall BG3" page :lol:

Larianshill

Arbiter
I don't know where the 80% figure comes from. We also have the Sharran Fortress and the Moonrise Towers. Both of those must be at least as big as Grymforge.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
They somehow managed to tone down the eyes wrecking color palette, yet cranked up the brightness so the dungeons lost plenty of their charm.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I thought the game looked much worse than it did in patch 6, turns out I was right: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=819163

Great job breaking it, Larian.
Ugh, colors are threatingly approaching D:OS1 levels :majordecline: The new lightning sucks too. Wtf is wrong with these hacks, they should go in the opposite direction with this.

Looks exactly like what happened with the earlier screenshots of Diablo 3. Everything just became too colourful.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Near the end of act 1, while you're approaching what everyone thinks is the city of Baldur's Gate, Braccus Rex will pop up and scream "SIKE! This is LITERALLY D:OS 3". Then you'll look at the signpost and read "Cyseal" or something.
And in the background, you'll hear a hop from "WALLNUTS, HOT WALLNUTS!" to "NOT IN THE MOOD FOR CHEESE?!?".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom