Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jezal_k23

I want to know about ITEMS. Is the loot hand placed? Is it all generic RNG trash? How good are the uniques?

Delterius

Arcane
ss_9f533be1594cc4ee93b1fe549a68a9c824b42e9b.jpg
The color contrast is stuck at 11
Thats just how things look in the civilized world (sunny places like Brazil). You wouldn't understand, rain dweller.

Codex Year of the Donut
Probably because half of us are on slow american internet and it takes forever to download. :M

im on american internet and my steam downloads page says its peak is 50 MB/s, stop using roguey's ISP
Much of the suburbs don't have a choice. No fiber. Even near major cities.
I live in the middle of the woods in a rural area and have fiber. USA has some of the fastest home internet in the world -- which is impressive considering how spread out the country is.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
the game has been out for 6 hours and no one is even talking about the gameplay
Yeah, jesus christ. I've been checking this thread every 30 minutes for some first impressions and it's still just shitposting and autism.
The more we delay getting to that part, the more we delay the inevitable moment when we realize the decline we are about to witness. It's a form of self-defense or self-defense mechanism. Won't last long.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Geez GOG download is 60 GB ish for the installer.

Probably 1 whole day just to download this using SEA internet (probably more as I need the internet for work as well, WFH and all).

a cut of domestic sheep prime

PLAY THE FUCKING GAMES YOU FOOLS PAID SIXTY (60) DOLLARINOS FOR AND TELL US ABOUT IT YOU FUCKING HACKS
I paid about $30 for it, but I have about 5 or 6 hours of download time, so...

Terenty

Liturgist
Why do they insist on making every animation so retardedly clownish? I don't get it, did they play any of the previous BG games?

Decided to watch some stream a bit, first thing i see is the main character doing some retarded stretching exercise like mr. Bean.

Why?

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Only finished the intro since I had to go to bed.
Encouters were pretty easy, only one type of enemy (there are others but fighting them isn't mandatory) also I felt the area was pretty generous with powerful scrolls and healing spots. I suppose it's to make people more fimiliar with the rules and not throw so much at them at once. However, I kinda feel D:OS2 entry had more difficulty but yeah part of that was just because the number of enemies but yeah BG3 still felt more enjoyable.
Also, doesn't switching weapons cost an action or maybe a bonus? Or you can do it freely? since it looks like the game allow you to do it freely however I didn't try that while engaged. The DM that I used to play with allowed us to do it freely most of the times so I have no idea what's the stance on that.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, production values are really impressive for a top down rpg, I like the animations for sneaking or running or just idling, though I always wonder if it's worth it.
I'm not sure if I'm having idea on what's going on with the story but the general atmosphere is great.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom