Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Elk

Novice
So, even Larian friendly boards like r/baldursgate are complaining this is Original Sin 3 and doesn't feel much like BG. Bloody hell, I was optimistic they would at least change the most egregious features to differentiate, like throwing fire surfaces everywhere.

I wish I had the mental fortitude to forget this exists

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
After playing this garbage for 45 minutes I can safely say it's a massive disappointment. It feels a lot like DoS 2 except it's much worse.
That's what I expected when I heard about this.

And now you can say positive parts. Some hairs on character screen looks cute, and elves don't have moustache.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Played 5 hours and I have not taken single point of damage from enemies (only from hazards) they keep missing. Very fun combat :argh:.
Companions so far seems bland thief guy might be even little bit interesting in a edgy way.

Rieser

Scholar
Played it for four hours. Incredibly similar to D:OS so far, for better or worse (worse). Obviously combat mechanics are a bit different, but everything else is pretty much exactly the same.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Played it for four hours. Incredibly similar to D:OS so far, for better or worse (worse). Obviously combat mechanics are a bit different, but everything else is pretty much exactly the same.
The only valuable post in the last 5 hours. Have a coupon for a free lentil soup.

Gastrick

Cipher
Played 5 hours and I have not taken single point of damage from enemies (only from hazards) they keep missing. Very fun combat :argh:.
Companions so far seems bland thief guy might be even little bit interesting in a edgy way.
Shit, is there hard mode?
What makes him edgy?

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
BG3 triggered me into buying and playing Pathfinder Kingmaker finally. Since I decided to RP as Witch (with the mod that adds classes), I've now ended up with a quadruple femoid party to start the game with. Pretty sure 70% or more of the characters are femoid so far.
Seems like a great game in many ways but the gynocentrism (but just with manly woman characters, so dumb) is out of control, also how come half the portraits are complete shit while others are good, despite being seemly all drawn by the same artist?

Poseidon00

Arcane
Most of the main cast are rather cliche and boring. The mage is alright. Some of the npcs are interesting. Those two tiefling kids were funny.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm watching Average Joe playing with 3 of his friends. The game is a shitshow on that front. I have the feeling that, as much as they've tried to make it appealing to the extroverts, the introverts are going to count this one for a win.

Otherwise too early to tell if this is any good or not.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
BG3 triggered me into buying and playing Pathfinder Kingmaker finally. Since I decided to RP as Witch (with the mod that adds classes), I've now ended up with a quadruple femoid party to start the game with. Pretty sure 70% or more of the characters are femoid so far.
Seems like a great game in many ways but the gynocentrism (but just with manly woman characters, so dumb) is out of control, also how come half the portraits are complete shit while others are good, despite being seemly all drawn by the same artist?
Nok-Nok is male.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Upside: just like in the classic BGs, you can kill who you want when you want. I found it appropriate to curb stomp those druids as soon as I had the chance. Tried it on the NPCs outside, just to be sure, and sure enough, I can attack them when I want too.

Poseidon00

Arcane
SJW horseshit is written all over it. Da evil bad guy wants to eject the refugees so they can be safe! Shes just like our fascist orange man dictator!

jnalves10

Novice
Played it for 4 hours. A lot like DOS2. A little bit darker tonewise, but the combat seems easier. Story and characters are what you would expect from a modern BioWare game, for better or for worse. Had one bug that made me reload.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Why is that a metric of quality? Being able to kill anyone I mean.

Because it would be bullshit if I couldn't just attack right after they killed someone in front of my face, rather than do what they kept prompting me to do and "chat" with the bitch.

It's an immersion killer to not have freedom.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Why is that a metric of quality? Being able to kill anyone I mean.

Because it would be bullshit if I couldn't just attack right after they killed someone in front of my face, rather than do what they kept prompting me to do and "chat" with the bitch.

It's an immersion killer to not have freedom.
Yeah, the ability to kill any character, or at least to attack them is always the one of the signs of a quality RPG.

If you’re making a sequel to Baldur’s Gate, you might want to include its features.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom