Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Quillon

Arcane
Did anyone come across this?

I was doing the Mayrina rescue mission and I managed to sneak by the old hag pawns with only my rogue. I found her cage and lowered her but no conversation is triggering with her nor the Journal is getting updated.
I went to the next room and found a portal the takes me outside, nothing else. What's the normal sequence of events?

dtu3DIj.jpg

She blames you for ruining everything and goes back outside near her husbands coffin.
there is a wand-thing in the next room to resurrect her husbad but if you use it he comes back as a husk or something, that you may try to kill which leads to killing both of them(tho I used non-lethal blows on mayrina but I doubt it's effects were implemented/considered for the quest yet. Or you can let them go to try her luck in BG to restore her husband with or without giving them the wand. Before that I broke the wand which didn't seem to update the quest.

Also you can pass the pawns with wearing masks on a table before reaching them, you can even try to convince them to leave which can work for the initial one but doesn't really work on the rest and trying the one in the middle near the opposite wall leads to combat no matter what. I don't know if the various specific items in the last room involve with anything other than the wand.

Also I killed the hag in her house before she could teleport(apparently)

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I think the general IQ of players these days (specifically playing this game) can be seen in the threads complaining about a 500 MB patch taking about 30 mins and 80GB prealloc space to install.
I really tried to explain to them: runtime patcher, every substantial file has to be changed, steam preallocating everything at once. To no fucking avail.

And all because Larian devs are sissies and want to keep save continuity in early access. What the fuck.

PS: Steamtards.

Reinhardt

Arcane
That is retarded lol. So you get to go around with a quarter ton but you do +1/2 damage on a roll lol. Nerd's stupidity and insecurity complexes are cancer to society,they should be whipped off!
Well, normal people don't need full night rest after walking 5 steps either.

Voids

Augur
Can anyone recommend a streamer that isn't an obnoxious dumbass? I am kinda over playing for the time being but I think I'm too old for twitch "culture".

Everybody's arguing about systems and I'm over here like... just about anything is an improvement over DOS2's "everything on fire magic armor" bullshit.

3.5e, 4e, 5e, whatever.
It is a net improvement, and unlike most people here I'm getting an overall fairly good impression of the game going by this EA build, but I'm also noticing that the few things the game is dragging from DOS 2 are the ones I can't stand the most.
I have a particular fierce hate for the "chain/unchain" party control system which is only growing over time, for a start.
And fuck whoever tries to sell me bullshit about "a party of four being perfectly fine", too.
I swear if they are ever going to address these two flaws I'd be mostly happy with what I'm seeing. Fine tweaking permitting, of course.

On a plus note, we got rid of the garbage random loot and every magic item is now an unique hand placed thing, which alone makes for a massive improvement.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
And all because Larian devs are sissies and want to keep save continuity in early access.

guess the streamers haven't finished EA content yet...
You don't understand, this is driving me crazy in an eschatological sense. They don't pause to try to understand what's happening, which is in my opinion the sole reason humanity is decaying into a rotten pile of flesh.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I just can't feel the combat. I know it's not final but it feels very consolized, sluggish, repeating same stuff till you get it. RtwP fits much better here and is way harder to play without a shadow of a doubt.

Codex Year of the Donut
When I see BG3 inventory, I wonder why it has so much fucking room in it. I grant that there were bags in previous games that improved that, but you at least had some serious inventory limitations early on.
IE inventory arbitrary limitations were one of the worst aspects of the games and had no basis in the pnp rules.
"make the inventory shit because bg1 and bg2 had a shit inventory" is a bad argument

bec de corbin

Educated
I will be shocked if people don't make larger party mods. There's one for both dos1 and 2.

I don't mean this as a defense, of course, just that it'll probably get done.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Or handing out a sex card (or better, a modest card) if you must.
Don't you remember? Sex cards are sexist. Larian wouldn't hear the end of it.
Sex cards are indeed sexist, because heaven only knows what inappropriate things the player may imagine happen after the moment captured on the sex card. In our day and age e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g m-u-s-t b-e s-p-e-l-l-e-d o-u-t. Especially the sex scenes, they must be performed as perscribed, so as to be indisputably consentual and give equal amount of time on top, so that no one is oppressed.

Quillon

Arcane
I will be shocked if people don't make larger party mods. There's one for both dos1 and 2.

I don't mean this as a defense, of course, just that it'll probably get done.

swen said the engine supports more party members and they made UI compatible for more party members for eventual mods

Child of Malkav

Erudite
So, a few tips for a solo run: get to level 4 ASAP, kill as many things as possible to get there (if you kill in a cutscene, conversation etc. you don't get XP so don't initiate dialogue. Best example for this is the mindflayer with the fishermen surrounding it.), get the ogres on your side (with their horn you can summon them anywhere even in the Underdark and they're powerful), gain access to goblin camp and start killing randomly whatever you can for XP, rob traders as much as possible (priorities are weapons with +1, consumables, scrolls, arrow heads), use every trick, bullshit, cheese in the book to complete the objectives. Roaring thunder arrow head is amazing, get that every chance you have. I found it's easier to steal the gold instead of the items themselves so just rob the trader of his gold and then buy some of his wares with his own cash.

Murk

Arcane
Loaded many times and unfortunately nothing. I don't know where I'm supposed to fight Old Hag after she fleed to the cave for the first time. Looks like it's also not triggering.
I will try to kill the pawns and see if anything changes.

You can still recover from there, same thing happened to me.

The hag is invisible on a small wooden bridge to the southwest of the cage, see here: https://youtu.be/mCGBH3bk9RI

Unfortunately you can't really fight her, she just takes the hits never triggering to go aggro.[spoler]

Codex Year of the Donut
Loaded many times and unfortunately nothing. I don't know where I'm supposed to fight Old Hag after she fleed to the cave for the first time. Looks like it's also not triggering.
I will try to kill the pawns and see if anything changes.

You can still recover from there, same thing happened to me.

The hag is invisible on a small wooden bridge to the southwest of the cage, see here: https://youtu.be/mCGBH3bk9RI

Unfortunately you can't really fight her, she just takes the hits never triggering to go aggro.[spoler]
The hag fight is indeed bugged. People have youtube videos of her triggering properly, but I never had it happen. Not sure why.
Easiest way to find her is to start casting the cleric Bane spell and move around until you see an outline of her.

Codex Year of the Donut
Larian said:
Developers in 1998: Enjoy our CRPG that we worked tirelessly on - Please buy the sequel!

:takemymoney:

Developers in 2020: Enjoy our Early Access CRPG with Analytics Spyware Systems, which will let us know exactly how diverse your characters are, so we can shame you if we disapprove. Please buy the final product?

XJtaLx4.png
Am I the only one who didn't read it like that at all?
Sure, that's why the journos were butthurt, but it seemed like Larian just wanted people to play other races because it's EA and they want bugs to be reported.

Shinros

Learned
Well my download is almost done, going to give EA a whirl. Personally wasn't a fan of DOS/DOS2, BG3 looks better going by what i've seen online.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom