Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Studios - now available on Early Access

Discussion in 'Larian Studios' started by Infinitron, Oct 6, 2020.

1. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    Does it has the stupid armor = 100% status effect resistance from DOS 2?

• No No x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    Good thanks. Is it more or less faithful to DnD rules? Armor class, vancian casting, class based etc?

• Yes Yes x 7
    ^ Top  
  3. Shrimp Learned

Shrimp
    The inclusion of stuff like extensive 3D character creation, cutscenes for regular dialogue, full voice acting etc is pushing CRPGs into AAA game territory.
    Most other game dev companies producing CRPGs probably simply don't have the budget or manpower to produce something similar, so I wouldn't be concerned about seeing BG3 'clones' in the near future if that's what you're worried about.
    I can't really give any solid estimates on what'll happen to the games, but I imagine most other devs simply will make due with what they have at their disposal and thus continue to create traditional CRPGs. I expect them to get marketed with taglines such as "taking the genre back to its roots" which I suppose is kind of ironic since that sentiment was what one of the driving forces behind the CRPG revival that started around the time when Kickstarter RPGs started popping up a handful of years ago.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Game has an option to turn off only the Narrator voice?! GOTY

• Informative Informative x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    there is 'very positive' and 'overwhelmingly positive' too...'Caves of Quid', 'Fallout New Vegas' and 'The Witcher III' often sport that, and then there is positive. It seems to have something to do with sheer number of reviews. A 95% rating with 55 reviews has a 'positive' rating, 95% with 1000 reviews 'Very positive' and 95% with 55,000 reviews 'Overwhelmingly positive' or something..but still some of them don't make sense it feels like even accounting for that. Maybe it is rounding error, because Wasteland 3 is right on edge of 80%.

^ Top  
  6. just Learned

just
    post sex scenes thanks
    please no male dwarf on male gnome and similar shit

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...lXA0u7EcPxdn51fUHSVO8JzxSitwfDZxNGS3FucQHYNbU

• Old x 12
    • Brofist x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    Other than that though, is it pretty good?

^ Top  
  9. just Learned

just
    more like based

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    The chainmail shirts look pretty cool. Although everything is way too clean and shiny like everyone takes 3 baths a day and is a neat freak who presses their puffy blousy shirt everyday before going to murder innocent farmers and their children.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    download the character portrait mod, it has much better choices.

^ Top  
  12. Kazuki Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Just like everyone suspected the reason why BG3 is better rated and probably higher sales than W3 is because marketing and brand name.

W3 development almost had no coverage in leading up to it's release while BG3 is opposite mainstream gaming news constantly update BG3 development.

It will interesting if Larian didn't develop BG3 and instead to make sequel of Divinity Series, as i have seen so far that BG3 is not really different from DOS2.

I doubt DOS3 will have the same impact as BG3 if Larian decide to create sequel instead.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    game will need a mod changing this shit to deterministic

• Button Button x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    those CO-Op people are insufferable, annoying bitches. Wherever they tread decline soon follows in their wake; they should be murdered on sight.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  15. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah
    Is this gud?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    What is W3? If Wasteland 3; BG3 seems it would step on it multiple times then take a shit on it with its production values alone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. jaydee2k Learned

jaydee2k
    Everyone who will play this Divinity crap is a verified superduperfag.

• Up Yours Up Yours x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Narax Literate

Narax
    About 7 hours into the game, so far it feels like a very rough alpha build. You can tell the devs have big dreams for this game, but I highly doubt we will get the full release in a year's time, especially not in the current state of the game, and not to mention all the missing content.

Though I am patient, I will wait until then, and I suggest for people who don't want their experience ruined to wait.

• Salute Salute x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Kazuki Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    While i agree the production value is higher but that doesn't mean it translate to higher quality too.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Verylittlefishes Sacro Bosco Patron

Verylittlefishes
    So how bad it is exactly? Even pirating this is a big deal.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Harthwain Savant

Harthwain
    I couldn't be bothered reloading for failing rolls. If someone wants to win every roll, why not just enable a cheat engine or something?

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Diablo1_reborn Viva New Vegas! Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    Music is atrocious, itemization is good, respectively they're going along with the DnD item system, combat is an improvement over DiV2, especially because that retarded armor system is gone. Animations in cutscenes looks really janky from time to time, but still better than Inquisition. Graphics are really good, and it kinda looks more serious than DiV2. Doesn't really feel like a Baldur's Gate game though, but that was to be expected from all the material we have seen so far. It's certainly not bad. At least I haven't seen anything so far that would have pissed me off big times.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Verylittlefishes Sacro Bosco Patron

Verylittlefishes
    OK I think, I'll pass it.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Anyone running it on Win7?

• Old Old x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. jf8350143 Savant

jf8350143
    The constant rolling gets old extremely fast.

I talk to a dwarf lady who claim she can cure me and instead trying to stab me with a poisoned wood. I rolled a 6 in a Agility check despite having 16 agility. Now I must pass three dialogue check in a row, each with a 50% succeed rate, to persuade her to give me the cure. I reload a dozen times and never make it. It's like the game is forcing me murder this bitch.

It's gonna be extremely hard to play a good character, the game will force you to kill person you don't want to kill because you had a bad roll. All of the companions (except Gale I suppose) are evil doesn't help either.

Also it's hilarious that shadow heart tries to hide what she is up to and who she is worshipping, but in the character info page they straight up shows evil cleric on it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    • Funny x 9
    • Agree x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.