Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mitleser2020

Scholar
Wait.... SYLVIRA?

SHE'S FROM THE FUCKING MINSC COMICS. SHE'S FROM CANDLEKEEP.

WE'RE GOING TO CANDLEKEEP, BOYS!

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Sylvira_Savikas

Seems like the PC will contract her for the purpose of understanding Shadowheart's box.

...possessed a particular expertise related to magical puzzle boxes.[1]

Vx87D5k.png

Varnaan

Augur
Looking forward to 2030-2040 when the BG2 remake in BG3 engine comes out and I finally get to see Viconia's tits.
If the BG3 devkit is released I bet on release date + 2 years for BG2 and NWN total conversions to pop up.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
In 2 years you will meet someone and if you start talking about video games and try to tell them one of your favorite series was bg, they will enthusiastically agree and try to talk to you about barrels and surfaces and sucking goblin toes and larian.
Poor, poor BG fans. Larian made a game with shit writing and OK combat, which is a complete opposite to original BG titles... wait a minute, original BG titles are known for cringey writing and OK combat, so the difference isn't that great; not only that, Larian replaced shitty RTwP for kids with some actual turn-based gameplay, which counts as improvement.

Stop whining, you faggot, they didn't turn BG into a first-person action game with retarded plot and complete rape of all the previous setting. You're not playing the game about looking for your stupid father or building retarded settlements.

The woke parts are despicable, but as I can see, you have no problems with pandering to niggers and fanooks.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
What is the Avernus all about? What is the story, the gist of it?

The city of Elturiel had a contract with a Devil Lord, made by the mayor. The city gets dragged into Hell. Minsc and his adventuring party, along with a bunch of Speljammer pirates led by a Mind Flayer, save the city. The end.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
How the fuck war-forged and tadpole work together? And why? Yikes.
Anyhow any info on custom chars being fucked by origin system?

Warforged shouldn't even be in the forgotten realms they are from Eberron.

Aren't Nautiloids Spelljammer?
Eberron is isolated from the rest of the multiverse, you can't sail there on a spelljammer. It wasn't even supposed to be part of the D&D multiverse when the setting was first developed, but was meant to be a completely separate thing. But the current WotC doctrine is that every D&D setting is part of the multiverse, including DM Bob's homebrew world. So Eberron is now stuck in a remote corner of the multiverse, shielded from contact with other worlds by powerful magic. :decline:

If they really want to, they can come up with any sort of excuse to have a "cross setting" infiltrate.
BG2 itself had people from Dragonlance as a cameo encounter inside the Planar Sphere.

Codex Year of the Donut
DDO is set in Eberron and has you travel across the multiverse. A large part of the storyline takes place in Cormyr.
It's just as canon as any other officially licensed WotC product.

Varnaan

Augur

Aren't Nautiloids Spelljammer?
Eberron is isolated from the rest of the multiverse, you can't sail there on a spelljammer. It wasn't even supposed to be part of the D&D multiverse when the setting was first developed, but was meant to be a completely separate thing. But the current WotC doctrine is that every D&D setting is part of the multiverse, including DM Bob's homebrew world. So Eberron is now stuck in a remote corner of the multiverse, shielded from contact with other worlds by powerful magic. :decline:
As far as I remember Eberron is listed in the Player's Handbook as a material plane connected to the multiverse without much detail leaving it open.

engine is incredibly moddable btw, I'd be surprised if basically every possible option from the core rules aren't implemented in some form via mods within a year of release

It would be kind of cool if an Obsidian/Black Isle sort of thing happens again and another team makes games with the engine. I also think I like IWD more than BG these days so I would be hyped about the possibility of a less blockbuster-y spinoff.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
engine is incredibly moddable btw, I'd be surprised if basically every possible option from the core rules aren't implemented in some form via mods within a year of release
Took me about 30 seconds after posting this to make a tiny mod to increase Detect Thoughts from 10 turns to 100 turns :M
going to be nice when we actually get the devkit
most abilities can easily be tweaked via a simple override
e.g., jump/disengage as a standard action rather than bonus
jumpy-joomp.png
If they add a toolkit to this to better facilitate modding, I wonder if we will finally see modders move away from Skyrim. Either way, when the game is fully released its definitely something ill mess around with.

A Dance with Rogues 3 in 2022, hype!

I think Swen once teased that we will travel to different planes and https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/jd1qsq/highlights_from_kevin_vanords_stream/ mentions it too. Cheeky Swen pitching BG3 to WOTC while really making the Planescape game Inxile couldn't :smug:

Then in the very same thread about alignments? This is why they shouldn't have been removed.

These are the same retards who would hold up a sign that says "zombie lives matter", as a necromancer kills them and raises them to be undead fodder because they are more useful dead than alive.

Shinros

Learned
These are the same retards who would hold up a sign that says "zombie lives matter", as a necromancer kills them and raise them to be undead fodder because they are more useful dead than alive.

Essentially yes, to be fair to Larian they wanted alignments in the game but WOTC said no.

These are the same retards who would hold up a sign that says "zombie lives matter", as a necromancer kills them and raise them to be undead fodder because they are more useful dead than alive.

Essentially yes, to be fair to Larian they wanted alignments in the game but WOTC said no.

Ah that actually makes me like Larian a little bit more. If anything is "reflecting" real life politics, it's that the Left's moral relativity is infiltrating movies, shows, video games and recently even comics. They hate the alignment system because it reminds them that morality is absolute in some cases. They like to pretend that chopping off one's dick and cross-dressing would make them into an actual woman, but in fact it's an abominable act that reflects the psychopathy of the individual.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom