Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
To be more productive about the feedback thread I'm glad that Larian is at least aware that the evil route is downright comical and veering into cartoon evil territory. Also it's interesting that they are surprised with Halsin's popularity, I mean he is an elf who has the form a bodybuilder, a good druid and is more than willing to slaughter goblins. What's not to like about that? I would gladly trade him for Wyll.
Halsin being young/fit was a last minute change according to the writer, he previously was old and wizened.
But, yes, dude is jacked AF.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
If the BG3 devkit is released I bet on release date + 2 years for BG2 and NWN total conversions to pop up.
The greatest thing larian could ever hope to accomplish is someone using their engine and tools to recreate nwn2 and the expansions. Might actually pirate the game at that point, just to replay nwn2 in a better engine.

WytbECj.png

NKofk6U.gif

Has The Lord of the Rings been declared a tale of white supremacy yet?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Even if orcs and dark elves were a reflection of real-life cultures, removing alignment isn't going to change that, it will just remove the tag. Drow will still be cunts and orcs will still be savages. And goblins will always deserve death, as any true paladin would tell you.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
To be more productive about the feedback thread I'm glad that Larian is at least aware that the evil route is downright comical and veering into cartoon evil territory. Also it's interesting that they are surprised with Halsin's popularity, I mean he is an elf who has the form a bodybuilder, a good druid and is more than willing to slaughter goblins. What's not to like about that? I would gladly trade him for Wyll.
Halsin being young/fit was a last minute change according to the writer, he previously was old and wizened.
But, yes, dude is jacked AF.

Makes sense for a Druid to always look healthy, seeing as they have so-called "timeless bodies".

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think Swen once teased that we will travel to different planes and https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/jd1qsq/highlights_from_kevin_vanords_stream/ mentions it too. Cheeky Swen pitching BG3 to WOTC while really making the Planescape game Inxile couldn't :smug:

Then in the very same thread about alignments? This is why they shouldn't have been removed.
WytbECj.png
Going this path everything will dumb down, you’ll end up with all races being good, except demons or shit a la world of warcraft.
I can understand why somebody might want this fairy tale antagonism be gone. I just don’t believe it’s going to change human nature in some drastic way sjws dreaming of.
The most outrageous thing is that while they celebrate their crusade against social injustice in pop culture, somewhere in Africa the whole village could be easily exterminated by neighbor clan, their women raped, men slaughtered in some primitive and gruesome way and children enslaved, and all this happens while the UN there is mostly securing neocolonial mandate of French, Brits, US and whatever. Everybody knows this, and yet we are winning social justice for drow and orcs. Fucking hypocrites.

Codex Year of the Donut
Did any of you bother to read the EULA?
End User License Agreement aka Our Cursed Pact

Hello and welcome, mortal soul.
So you wish to embark on an adventure in the Forgotten Realms...
We know you've already given up some coin to get this far, and for that of course we're grateful. Yet you must also know that every deal with a being such as ourselves comes with additional terms and conditions. Let us lay them out for you.
6. ADDITIONAL OBLIGATIONS DE JURE INFERNIS

By accepting this Pact, you solemnly pledge exclusive allegiance to Larian Studios and willto refrain from striking any deal with another creature of Fey, Infernal, or otherwise Eldritch origin. In the event end user breaches this allegiance, We reserve the right to cancel the terms of this Pact, sever all ties professional or social with the end user, and seek appropriate remedy from the Morninglord.
9. FAN WORK

You are permitted to create fan work regarding the Game and/or Service and are free to share them in a non-commercial manner. You will be solely responsible for the fan work you create and make public, and in doing so you will make sure to represent yourself in a truthful manner, and not as an official representative of Larian Studios. That being said, there is no devil in the Realm that doesn't have a soft spot for idolatry, and admittedly We're no different. So send Us your best work and know that mortals who amuse Us often get better perks.
FINE PRINT - Upon accepting this Pact, you take on an additional quest to submit to Larian one (1) recording of a chant, song, text, poem or interpretive dance performed by you and extolling your interest in the Forgotten Realms.
Should you decline to undertake and finish this quest within the first three winters following your acceptance of this Pact, you forfeit subsequent fame, fortune, and/or infamy as a founding member of our Guild of Great Genius.
You hereby grant Larian Studios a worldwide, perpetual, and royalty-free license to share such recordings through Larian Studios' social media channels.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think Swen once teased that we will travel to different planes and https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/jd1qsq/highlights_from_kevin_vanords_stream/ mentions it too. Cheeky Swen pitching BG3 to WOTC while really making the Planescape game Inxile couldn't :smug:

Then in the very same thread about alignments? This is why they shouldn't have been removed.
WytbECj.png
Going this path everything will dumb down, you’ll end up with all races being good, except demons or shit a la world of warcraft.
I can understand why somebody might want this fairy tale antagonism be gone. I just don’t believe it’s going to change human nature in some drastic way sjws dreaming of.
The most outrageous thing is that while they celebrate their crusade against social injustice in pop culture, somewhere in Africa the whole village could be easily exterminated by neighbor clan, their women raped, men slaughtered in some primitive and gruesome way and children enslaved, and all this happens while the UN there is mostly securing neocolonial mandate of French, Brits, US and whatever. Everybody knows this, and yet we are winning social justice for drow and orcs. Fucking hypocrites.

Nothing new about SJWs fighting imaginary or incredibly minor issues. It makes them feel good about how powerless they are to actually change the world in any sort of beneficial way.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
If the BG3 devkit is released I bet on release date + 2 years for BG2 and NWN total conversions to pop up.
The greatest thing larian could ever hope to accomplish is someone using their engine and tools to recreate nwn2 and the expansions. Might actually pirate the game at that point, just to replay nwn2 in a better engine.
Imagine being this retarded that you're giddy of someone somewhere somehow possibly remaking the orc caves again.

Seriously dude, you have problems.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Has The Lord of the Rings been declared a tale of white supremacy yet?
lol, years ago.

black orcs, no black heroes.

the only blacks in the books are villains who ride elephants and side with Sauron.

of course they tried to fix it in the newer content. like having black villagers in Hobbit, the black guy that cucks the player in Shadow of Mordor or the shadow wraiths that are actually Chinese princesses.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Imagine being this retarded that you're giddy of someone somewhere somehow possibly remaking the orc caves again.

Seriously dude, you have problems.
imagine liking NWN2 OC. easily one of the worst RPGs of all time.

remember all those horrible companions you're forced to take with you everywhere?

and that ending? :lol:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Decades ago. It's kind of hard to miss when everything with dark skin is metaphysically evil in the books. The orcs are described as mongoloid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom