Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Murk

Arcane

Poseidon00

Arcane
BG3 from a purely entertainment perspective is pretty meh. I bought this and Tyranny at roughly the same times. I have 12 hours into BG3 and 60 in Tyranny. Nothing about BG3 really draws you in, or makes you care about the setting.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I'm just curious how larian studios are going to figure out a way to somehow revive and reuse Braccus Rex in a game that takes place in the forgotten realms.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Did DE create the notion that failing a roll doesn't necessarilly close a route ?

I don't think it crate a notion, but instead created prerequisites for a trend. So that was my question - is it really trending now?
Of course, Vince D Veller did it before with Age of Decadence, and probably someon else.

Varnaan

Augur
Did DE create the notion that failing a roll doesn't necessarilly close a route ?

I don't think it crate a notion, but instead created prerequisites for a trend. So that was my question - is it really trending now?
Of course, Vince D Veller did it before with Age of Decadence, and probably someon else.
It was a rhethorical question, not to be rude but I think DE is pretty inconsequential at least when it comes to BG3 that just implemented "regular" D&D stuff.
If you've ever played D&D with a competent DM sometimes you fail (a) roll(s) but the DM keeps doors open/opens new doors based on your failures to keep the ball rolling with different circumstances and final results.

Poseidon00

Arcane
It's forgotten realms.

A setting that truly isn't bad and can make for an interesting narrative backdrop if you put some effort into it. It has been done before, so I don't see why they should get a pass on their boring story.

Varnaan

Augur
It's forgotten realms.

A setting that truly isn't bad and can make for an interesting narrative backdrop if you put some effort into it. It has been done before, so I don't see why they should get a pass on their boring story.
Again, the EA so far is pretty much half of the first chapter.
We don't know shit about the story, you're comparing a game in basically pre-alpha that a Larian writer confirmed was going to be at least partially rewritten to Tyranny, a game that's almost in beta testing state.

sullynathan

Arcane
I'm just curious how larian studios are going to figure out a way to somehow revive and reuse Braccus Rex in a game that takes place in the forgotten realms.
They're the only ones that like Braccus Rex. I'm interested in how he'll be back in Original Sin 3

Poseidon00

Arcane
Again, the EA so far is pretty much half of the first chapter.
We don't know shit about the story, you're comparing a game in basically pre-alpha that a Larian writer confirmed was going to be at least partially rewritten to Tyranny, a game that's almost in beta testing state.

If Larian can't get you invested in the story within the first hour or so of the game that is on them. Shouldn't have to wait until Act 3 to care. The tryhard super epic dragon fight in the intro doesn't do them any favors.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
makes you care about the setting.
It's forgotten realms.

Lol, but the game afaik is revolving not aroung it setting, and most o those who bought it didn't care about setting either.
What they DO care about you can asknowledge if you find BG3 thread on any imageboard.
And with 99% precision I can tell you what it is - sex scenes, romances, mods about "girls" with dicks and etc debilitating degenerative bullshit.

Last edited:

Mud'

Scholar
If Larian can't get you invested in the story within the first hour or so of the game that is on them. Shouldn't have to wait until Act 3 to care. The tryhard super epic dragon fight in the intro doesn't do them any favors.

The Witcher 1 is pretty much like this, sometimes is worth it to endure the shit of Act 1 and 2.

chemicalnatzy

Novice
BG3 from a purely entertainment perspective is pretty meh. I bought this and Tyranny at roughly the same times. I have 12 hours into BG3 and 60 in Tyranny. Nothing about BG3 really draws you in, or makes you care about the setting.
This was the case with Divinity as well.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Bald men, guys with early gray hair... they make up all kind of shit to excuse their recessive genes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom